Boy Troubles.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmy23

Reaction score
So I'm new here. And I was hoping i could get some advice or some people to help me sort out my confusion.

So I'm a college student and after moving in to my dorm I met the guys who live across the hall from me. One of them I liked upon first meeting him. This was a month ago and back then he had a girlfriend. But the weekend after meeting him, he came back from visiting home and told me that him and his girlfriend had pretty much broken up. (Not gonna lie I was pretty ecstatic about this) but anywho. We text a whole lot and have become good friends since then. When we text we do a super dorky thing where we send smiley faces and included in those smiley faces are kissy faces and he also sends xoxo's. (I realize that the smiley face things are pretty dumb) We have movie nights together and he really likes to cuddle with me. But he got a new iphone recently and he let me play with it. After I slid the unlock thing his text messages were up and I was thinking to myself "oh geez I really should not look at this" but before I could get back to the main home page thing I noticed there was one person he was texting labelled as "my girl." I was pretty crushed. So I guess what I'm confused about is what is going on in his mind and whether or not he's leading me on. I realize no one here will actually be able to tell what is going on in his mind but any advice would help.

Thanks! :)

emmy23 said:
So I'm new here. And I was hoping i could get some advice or some people to help me sort out my confusion.

So I'm a college student and after moving in to my dorm I met the guys who live across the hall from me. One of them I liked upon first meeting him. This was a month ago and back then he had a girlfriend. But the weekend after meeting him, he came back from visiting home and told me that him and his girlfriend had pretty much broken up. (Not gonna lie I was pretty ecstatic about this) but anywho. We text a whole lot and have become good friends since then. When we text we do a super dorky thing where we send smiley faces and included in those smiley faces are kissy faces and he also sends xoxo's. (I realize that the smiley face things are pretty dumb) We have movie nights together and he really likes to cuddle with me. But he got a new iphone recently and he let me play with it. After I slid the unlock thing his text messages were up and I was thinking to myself "oh geez I really should not look at this" but before I could get back to the main home page thing I noticed there was one person he was texting labelled as "my girl." I was pretty crushed. So I guess what I'm confused about is what is going on in his mind and whether or not he's leading me on. I realize no one here will actually be able to tell what is going on in his mind but any advice would help.

Are you a woman? The reason I ask is that you mentioned that you live across the hall from men. Is this dorm you live in a unisex dorm?

LoneKiller said:
emmy23 said:

Are you a woman? The reason I ask is that you mentioned that you live across the hall from men. Is this dorm you live in a unisex dorm?

Yeah. I'm a woman. The dorms are unisex.

nice...... Maybe you should ask him if hes seeing anyone. Go on from there.
I dunno if hes leading you on. Maybe he thinks of you as a friend.

emmy23 said:
LoneKiller said:
emmy23 said:

I don't want to sound cynical, but there's a strong chance that you and "My Girl" aren't the only women in his life. They could very well be other girls who don't know about you or "My girl". Do you remember what was said in the text other than the "My Girl"? The reason I'm asking is, "My Girl" could be his daughter maybe? Don't want to jump to conclusions.

LoneKiller said:
emmy23 said:
LoneKiller said:
emmy23 said:

I don't want to sound cynical, but there's a strong chance that you and "My Girl" aren't the only women in his life. They could very well be other girls who don't know about you or "My girl". Do you remember what was said in the text other than the "My Girl"? The reason I'm asking is, "My Girl" could be his daughter maybe? Don't want to jump to conclusions.

Are you suggesting....?

Atrapitis.gif

Hey,

Pretty hard to say in my opinion Emmy :f

If it were me in his position based on the way he is acting with you, then I would be interested in you and not other girls...

"My Girl" I would imagine most likely corresponds to his ex... He told you they pretty much broke up... what does "pretty much" mean ? =x

I know it's very easy to say, but I think I would confront him and see what he tells you... It seems the 2 of you are close; I think you have a good chance! :)

I hope it goes well for you :)

Latest posts

Back