Can you believe this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosewood

Reaction score
My last internet thing ( should say my one and only I have never even been on a blind date) . suddenly ends no calls, no emails He just stops. I finally say NO and send a message Your actions have have been neither brave nor honest I tell him

Today I get a response. Tells me his Mom had a heart attack and needs surgery. Can he call? I say sure why not, Am I really believing this. I could be wrong. However I just want to see how far he will carry this on. I send a question How does our story end? being forever romantic ( crap) he says That it isn't over our story has just begun and throws in a phrase calling me delicious. I can hardly resist. I think he will see I can see through this. It is so silly. I tell him he is the Prince and to do the right thing. Oh yes he adds I am his princess and he will call.

I tell you boys and girls it's quite the story. I am supposed to melt in a puddle and die when he won't call. Sick!

I am good. Smiling. Got friends calling later to cheer me up and laugh.

Why do people do this?

I'd say something like I want him to see how great I am. Really there is no him. Just me and I 'm good. I have prayers and faith. The love I deserve ( afterlife) may be what I get for being good in this life. Love of a man and woman is not all there is. I might not have that again . Family and friends are still here.

I've had it happen. Not the second paragraph though. I usually get the memo pretty quickly when someone is done with me. I wouldn't have even replied to the heart surgery message.

It sucks. People do it because they are narcissistic. They are selfish people that don't want to have to deal with uncomfortable situations or the guilt that could come from coming clean with the truth. So they just quietly ignore the situation and hope it goes away so they don't have to get their hands dirty. fresia em. Weak bitches.

Unfortunately I backed away from someone in a similar way once (I didn't use a lame excuse like you got....but it was still a lame move), it's something I regret.

kamya said:
It sucks. People do it because they are narcissistic. They are selfish people that don't want to have to deal with uncomfortable situations or the guilt that could come from coming clean with the truth. So they just quietly ignore the situation and hope it goes away so they don't have to get their hands dirty.

Yep, I've been in similar situations several times. Sucks every time. It's been pretty painful for me actually.

Is there any chance that what he says is true, that his mum did have a heart attack? I was on a dating site years back when my mum died and obviously I wasn't in the state of mind to go on it again for quite some time. In the intervening time someone had written and had then sent a second message because I hadn't replied to his first one and he was put out by this. I wrote and said that I had lost my mum, but he didn't write again so clearly didn't believe me.

Wait, I don't understand the OP at all. Maybe it's all sarcasm and it's just going over my head.

If his mother was a lie, why would he call? Why would you answer? why would you keep talking? Do you believe him or not? Are you just playing games along with him?

I don't get it.

To answer Tiina63 it could have been true. What scared me was the way he adopted my language so fast. My response to call him a prince was answered with a reply calling me a princess and a promise to call me after he got home from work. No call ever came,
To answer Regumika I was giving him an easy out I thought he would see how ridiculous prince was. No he thought I was his fool and had to promise the princess (he never called me that before) one more call.
To be sure he did not call and never will. He was a charming narcissistic, My pain would be anything he could grasp or care about. So sad for him.

Tiina63 you were right. The guy got in touch with me. His Moms health issues and all still bother him. I can understand. He tells me he wants to get tickets right away. I can fly out. I heard about a plan on public radio to save money on flights. Good he say. He is at home and his internet is down. He will call from work as he can take a laptop and get tickets. He calls from work to busy and going home soon I'll call Then I get no call.
I am wondering why all the photos of his life. his home, his dogs and then nothing again Let it go I tell myself. No my heart say NO. I look at his address on Google Maps. Nice place in Kentucky. I love the woods. I live in mountains Beaches are okay to visit.
Then I see a link It was a business his sister had at one time.It seems to be outdated. A number is listed. It's a long shot. I call She had the number forwarded to her home as she wanted to start her business again.
I call and she answers. I tell her I know her brother. His name she ask? I tell her first middle and last and include the Jr. She ask me a little more. Then she says yes he did mention me before. I tell her I am worried about him.
He didn't tell me Mom is terribly ill as well as Dad. The family is burdened now with caretaker issues as she and her brother struggle to care for his Mom. She has the worst problems.
I am happy to hear the truth. I am also worried at the outcome. Can it be this guy and never meet because he is having a hard time wit all of this. We seemed to be good together. I hope for the bet and plan for the worst. I only found out this morning. I am still processing all of this. Prayers are all I have now.
How does the story end????

Rosewood said:
Tiina63 you were right. The guy got in touch with me. His Moms health issues and all still bother him. I can understand. He tells me he wants to get tickets right away. I can fly out. I heard about a plan on public radio to save money on flights. Good he say. He is at home and his internet is down. He will call from work as he can take a laptop and get tickets. He calls from work to busy and going home soon I'll call Then I get no call.
I am wondering why all the photos of his life. his home, his dogs and then nothing again Let it go I tell myself. No my heart say NO. I look at his address on Google Maps. Nice place in Kentucky. I love the woods. I live in mountains Beaches are okay to visit.
Then I see a link It was a business his sister had at one time.It seems to be outdated. A number is listed. It's a long shot. I call She had the number forwarded to her home as she wanted to start her business again.
I call and she answers. I tell her I know her brother. His name she ask? I tell her first middle and last and include the Jr. She ask me a little more. Then she says yes he did mention me before. I tell her I am worried about him.
He didn't tell me Mom is terribly ill as well as Dad. The family is burdened now with caretaker issues as she and her brother struggle to care for his Mom. She has the worst problems.
I am happy to hear the truth. I am also worried at the outcome. Can it be this guy and never meet because he is having a hard time wit all of this. We seemed to be good together. I hope for the bet and plan for the worst. I only found out this morning. I am still processing all of this. Prayers are all I have now.

Some people do need some lead way... I can understand being a skeptic at times... I say this but I also have a bit of hard time trusting people... I'm on my way to fix that... Instead of thinking the worst at the first sign of problems, I try to understand different people tries to deal with the problems different ways... I can understand issues can come from personal experiences from the past... I've ran into "misunderstanding" cases few times... Girl I work with was going through a "domestic issues"... One night, I got a phone call around 11 at night... Turns out, she's gotten into a physical fight with her live-in boyfriend... She wanted to get out of the house... I drove her to a motel & set her up in a room for the night... I stayed there & made sure she was ok & spent some time talking to her... When I was walking out of the room around 2 in the morning, just so happens that someone I knew saw me pull out of the motel's parking lot with her standing out side of her room waiving at me... (Motel was 3 buildings away from the bar that me & my buddy used to go to & that's how I knew about the motel)... Rumor starting floating around that she & I were having an affair... I was involved in a relationship at the time... I mean, it was understandable... Me walking out of the motel room 2 in the morning with a girl waiving at me... I can see how that could look... How should I have reacted to my girlfriend's questions & all the drillings that went on & checking my phone records & following me around & checking to see the addresses in my GPS... It was starting to get ridiculous... Though I understood where she was coming from, I didn't understand why she couldn't just "ask" & if she didn't trust my character when we met, why did she agreed to start a relationship with me in the first place... Her actions made me wonder what her motives were... Doubts & questions are 2 way streets... I'm not saying what I've done was the right thing... I'm just saying, if you're quick to jump to a conclusion, be prepared to answer few questions yourself when things get little weird... Tables can turn...

sk66rc said:
Rosewood said:

Some people do need some lead way... I can understand being a skeptic at times... I say this but I also have a bit of hard time trusting people... I'm on my way to fix that... Instead of thinking the worst at the first sign of problems, I try to understand different people tries to deal with the problems different ways... I can understand issues can come from personal experiences from the past... I've ran into "misunderstanding" cases few times... Girl I work with was going through a "domestic issues"... One night, I got a phone call around 11 at night... Turns out, she's gotten into a physical fight with her live-in boyfriend... She wanted to get out of the house... I drove her to a motel & set her up in a room for the night... I stayed there & made sure she was ok & spent some time talking to her... When I was walking out of the room around 2 in the morning, just so happens that someone I knew saw me pull out of the motel's parking lot with her standing out side of her room waiving at me... (Motel was 3 buildings away from the bar that me & my buddy used to go to & that's how I knew about the motel)... Rumor starting floating around that she & I were having an affair... I was involved in a relationship at the time... I mean, it was understandable... Me walking out of the motel room 2 in the morning with a girl waiving at me... I can see how that could look... How should I have reacted to my girlfriend's questions & all the drillings that went on & checking my phone records & following me around & checking to see the addresses in my GPS... It was starting to get ridiculous... Though I understood where she was coming from, I didn't understand why she couldn't just "ask" & if she didn't trust my character when we met, why did she agreed to start a relationship with me in the first place... Her actions made me wonder what her motives were... Doubts & questions are 2 way streets... I'm not saying what I've done was the right thing... I'm just saying, if you're quick to jump to a conclusion, be prepared to answer few questions yourself when things get little weird... Tables can turn...
I would just ask. This guy can't talk to me so I don't know. I told his sister the same thing. Your brother can't talk to me it is impossible. How can I be friends with someone who I don't really know yet and he stops communicating. He still has not gotten back with even after sister said she would speak to me. I sent a small gift and a card to be kind. The rest is up to him.
I would have thanked you for helping out that lady. I have been on the receiving end of a fist. I have also seen the results of guys hitting women. Usually no one helps. Working in mental health I had a client come to me. She was hiding out in abandoned house The guy was finding her at friends. The time at a shelter had ran out. Breaking ties with these guys can be tough.

Latest posts

Back