Can you Lie?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randomact164

Reaction score
Can you Lie?
If you can, Can you lie well?
If you lie well do you lie all the time or only when needed?

I can lie, I can lie very well
My body language matches my words, my eyes never stray, i have a perfect poker face with unwavering movements.
Im not like a board but i am **** good at it.
I only lie when needed though, only when you absolutly need to keep something secret, only when something is way too personal.
Otherwise i openly admit and make fun of everything

what about you?

I very seldom lie; I'm not very good at it. And I hate liars. They're manipulative and cowardly.

I am very good at omitting critical facts. Usually I can avoid revealing the unwanted by steering the conversation in a different direction.

Sure I can lie...However I've been told I make a shitty lair.

Lmao...a poker face is a sign of lying or you're not being totally honest.
Making eye contacts is not a stair down..and it's a natural blink.
Keeping your hands in your pockets while communicating is a sign that you're withholding something.lol
When a person is not lying ..the hands will move in a natural movement.
Breathing is also natural...

It definitely leaves the people your inneracting with a sence of un ease or if they can't pin piont your ass.
which in turn create a lower level of trust. Which in turn leaves people feeling about your integrity
as half ass..lmao Which means...they don't care what you say or do oneway or the other.

Integrity is doing something that you say you're going to do...say what you will.
Your actions speaks louder than words.
Integrity is keeping yourself in check and holding yourself responsible and accountiable.

Some people don't say much verbally..they just take actions..their actions speaks louder than words anyday.

I'm a man of my words..when I told Jenni I was going to do something it gets done..Even if i have to jump
through hoops and fire to get it done...It gets done. It took me years for me to earn her trust.
I wasn't perfect. Things didn't always happened as I planed..However if I gave her correct informations
and not lied to her. Sometimes if i make a mistake...I make a mistake. I needed to correct my mistakes and adjust.
She was able to make better decisions and work with me to get what we both wanted
to accompished to begin with away. IT'S A WIN, WIN SITUATION...We both WIN.
It's less messy and I feel happy about myself and at ease with her.
It's such a free, serene, peaceful feeling to not have to lie.
After a while I hardly had sign my signature on any documents becuase she trusted me.

Our relationhip was pure..Plenty of mistakes..but PURE.
An intimate relationhip is way, way beyound sex. Even when it gets to the sex part, it's all
about trust...That she'll turst me to handle her body without hurting her.
She open herself up to me like and open book. She showed me everything in her journal.
She told me all of her secrets, hopes and dreams..She no longer needed hide anything from me nor
felt like she needed to lie to me about anything. She spoke her truth.
The moment she asked me if love her. It was all about trust and integrity.
She knew i was a man of my words.

besides...I work the 12 steps program...It's center around honesty and truth.
I sleep better at night.

I'm about as sick as my secrets.

No, not well. The road has become to narrow.

I dont think I lie well at all. I don't really have any need nor (and I find this more important) any desire to change this.

I envy you Randomact. I can lie when I think it is absolutely necessary, but if I have the slightest doubt that it is unwarrented guilt and self doubt screw it all up. I don't think there is anything intrinsically wrong with lying. It all depends on the object of the lie.

Over the years, I've been around people who always have some story that bigs them up, and behind their backs everyone goes on about how much they lie. I'm always the one who says 'If they want to lie about their own lives what difference does it make?' Especially if they're entertaining. Often, the people who lie about themselves are too concerned with what others think of them to do anything to upset anyone. When it comes to lying to gain something to the detriment of others, it's a different story.

hmm i can't lie for jack honeysuckle...well i can but not with white lies

and ever since i watched lie to me i've kinda wanted to learn little facial expressions that actually show what people are thinking

i already know when people arn't truely smiling and i know about 2 small ways to find out when someone lies

Do I lie? In the words of House, MD... 'Everybody lies.'

Lying by contradiction is difficult because of the body language aspect to it. I'm not great at it, but I'm not horrible either. Usually, I can see a situation where I'm going to want to lie coming... so I casually reposition myself so that my lie will be more difficult to detect. Lying by omission is much easier. I'm great at that, and I do it all the time since I tend to compartmentalize my life pretty heavily.

In general, I find the key to lying successfully is believability. The more reasonable your lie is, the less people are going to be looking for other signs of a lie.

I lie too often and I'm too good at it. Because I don't understand body language I give none off. I don't do eye contact so I don't have to worry about that either. I don't understand vocal tones either so I don't have to worry about my voice giving me away.

I used to lie more than I do now though, I've gotten better in that aspect and am getting better all the time

Not much of a liar....cant seem to pull it off. I am good at detecting it as well, atleast in my kids....lol when they are lying they cant look me in the eye.

I lie occasionally, but only when necessary or when omitting the truth doesn't work. Like with one of my current roommates...if I wish to keep the peace I need to either avoid/ignore for as long as I can, or lie, for the most part. I have been honest and upfront for the most part, but this person is....ugh. There are just certain people out there that you're forced to be around that you have to inevitably lie to, unless you're willing to put up with vast amounts of drama/consequences. I, for one, don't feel the need to deal with it, so...those are the times that I will lie.

I am fairly decent at lying, because I always make sure it's believable, and whilst to me that sounds kinda bad, I don't use lying to manipulate or hurt others, I do it because I either want something to be kept a secret, or I don't want to deal with their horrible attitude/personality just because they can't take the truth.

I'm not averse to telling a 'diplomatic' lie and if I feel that being truthful will lead someone into harms way, I'll lie then too.

Otherwise I see no value in undermining such credibility as I do possess with BS and I don't like making a fool out of other people either.

ya i can lie. ive been keeping a lie from my husband for over three years. for some reason its really been bugging me lately.

Estreen said:
Like with one of my current roommates...if I wish to keep the peace I need to either avoid/ignore for as long as I can, or lie, for the most part. I have been honest and upfront for the most part, but this person is....ugh. There are just certain people out there that you're forced to be around that you have to inevitably lie to, unless you're willing to put up with vast amounts of drama/consequences. I, for one, don't feel the need to deal with it, so...those are the times that I will lie.

Some people get there own way with this sort of emotional blackmail. They probably don't know they're doing it. But you either give in to them so they don't kick off, or lie to them and deal with everything yourself. Either way, they get things there own way. With these people you can't win; they always win and probably still insist they're hard done by. If you're forced to be with them, you have to lie for a quiet life, and it's their fault for being spoilt.

It's sometimes easier to lie than tell the truth. When I get nerveaus I sometimes start to lie. It doesen't happen often(thank god:D), but when it does, it's disaster. When I later think about it it's like "How the hell could I say that?Wtf was I thinking?". Those lies are just ridiculous. A month later I usually can't stop laughing, when I think of them:D:D

But when I really need to lie, then I THINK(Hope:D?), I'm able to do it.

Latest posts

Back