Can't cope with my reality...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joseph said:
NIKE,

stop thinking like this:

top10chick_10.jpg

and start thinking like this:

random-hot-chicks-r5-13.jpg

Oh, like that post isn't meant to rattle cages. *eye roll*

brickinthewall said:
Nike , I completely understand but the fact is you just have to man up and say it. Say it over facebook , or text her , it will be A LOT easier than saying it to her face. I only said this once because I only ever loved one person in my life but trust me , that sense of relief will be like something you have never felt before , it won't even matter too much what her reaction will be like. My advice would be , don't throw out everything in the open , take it easy , tell her how you have started to have strong feelings for her instead of just bursting out with an "I love you!" because that might just scare her away. I say , write down your message to her , think it over 100 times , take a deep breath close your eyes and click the send button but choose your words carefully , take it slow. Besides , what difference will it make what she will say? Can it get worse than this? I myself was rejected but if I could go back I wouldn't change a thing , it's better to know that to not know.

Good luck and take care.

~Michael

Good advice bro, I see the logic in it being better to know regardless of the reaction. But in the case of rejection, the anticipation and awkwardness when we do meet could overwhelm a bro, especially since we're doing the grad project together. I already get teh butterflies whenever I see her without the aformentioned to intensify the awkwardness a hundred fold. However, the knowledge that this is indeed my last semester and there is legitimate hope inside of me could provide me some incentive. maybe.

Joseph said:
Nike,

Here is the thing, bro. You've got to adopt a mentality of abundance. You've got to believe that you are a worthy goal. Instead of having the mindset that because this girl is the one who got away. Have a mindset that there are three billion women out there all looking for you to give them one reason to go on a date with you. Don't let the one-itis kill you. It's not healthy and it can be fatal. Trust me, you have some idealized version of that girl in your mind and I guarantee even if you had scored her and were with her right now, she would not be all that, feel me? She has her flaws, conditions and issues just like every other human being. You need to let it go. Trust me. This is coming from someone who has been exactly where you are right now. It's not your situation that is going to get you, it is your mindframe, bro. You even said "I feel like an 85 year old" but you aren't. That is all in your head. It's how you "feel". You need to change the way you are thinking. Again, you need to adopt an attitude of ABUNDANCE. Women will come and go and there are way too many to count. There is only one you. Know your value. Spend that energy that you have, which is currently being channeled toward negative and borderline obsessive thoughts and use it to get in shape, to go have fun, to take up a hobby. Women are everywhere. As soon as you start LOVING life and really meaning it, they will be all around you like fireflies.

So, find your flame for life then GFTOW! :D

Joey man, what you say makes perfect sense. But the thing is I lost passion for life a while ago, why? I don't think that really matters. I talked to some people indirectly and briefly about said issue. Their answers were all to the effect of 'You need to get yourself a f**king girl', afterall all you need is love! and honestly it is something I've craved for a long effingtime, which is only natural but due to my loneliness and detatchment, the craving got worse. Part me believes if I had scored her, it would suck and not be anything like I fantanisised but another part believes it would taking me on the wildest adventure of my life; Aladdin's 'A whole new world' sort of honeysuckle. But even if it did suck, I'll find immense comfort in knowing that I have been there and done that, ya know. It's like a man stranded in the desert for days and all he desires is water, he wants it so badly that he believes he can just sit down for the rest of his days and drink water, he values nothing else. But as soon as he is able to finds an oasis and gulps a few litres worth, he no longer wants the water, he alternatively starts looking for food.

Joseph said:
In his case, GFTOW is meant to show him that what he feels for this girl is not LOVE. It is obsession. There was never a relationship. It was all in his mind. Now he has idolized this girl to otherworldly status in his mind and heart. They've never been intimate or had any special connection. Again, the problem is with his self-esteem. He is absolutely convinced that she is the only girl he could ever be with, so he is not so much suffering a loss over her as he is suffering a loss over his opportunity to not be lonely. He needs to realize that if he just finds himself and gets passionate about life and things, that people (including women) will gravitate toward him. Again, there are three billion.

I like your analysis bro, i am suffering over an opportunity that would have taken away my loneliness, i am suffering over an opportunity that may have provided me with purpose, direction, motivation, inspiration, hope and maybe even happiness, all of which I severely lack.

Finding passion for anything atm is an uphill battle.

This is me:

oQfL8.jpg

Wonderful cartoon. Might send that to my ex. :p

And Joseph, your advice is only any good if you are the type of person who finds it easy to get laid. I was told women are sexually liberated these days, but I have yet to find proof of it.

This cartoon is pretty much reality for too many good people in this world. I could say that change is drastically needed in that regard, but I believe that a global nuclear war sometime in the next few years is infinitely more likely. Which proves that humanity is nothing more than a gargantuan failure.

Hmmm, so break is over right and I walk into class.

I see her sitting in the front, and him in the far back and I'm like fresia Yeah!

30 seconds later she moves from the front to the seat next to him and I'm like fresia My Life!

:)

I wish I were dead.

Latest posts

Back