Can't get a job

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy

Reaction score
Ahhh really frustrated at the moment with the fact everyone is hiring people with good social skills who lie on their C.Vs rather then people with the technical skills.

I hate how employers want to be "wow'd" then choice some moron because they are good at manipulating peoples emotions to make them be likeable.

Everything! My fields I.T but I am trying EVERY job I can see.

I did have a bit of cash work sanding down a 80 million dollar super boat. But something happened and the contract fell threw around that US debit crises carry on...

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
Everything! My fields I.T put I am trying EVERY job I can see.

I did have a bit of cash work sanding down a 80 million dollar super boat. But something happened and the contract fell threw around that US debit crises carry on...

What IT experience and certs do you have? Its a tougher field now, but they are still looking for peopel with ITIL, A+, MCSE; it should give you a step in for an interview, at the least, where you can demonstrate competence.

IgnoredOne said:
What kind of jobs are you looking for?

IgnoredOne said:
ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
Everything! My fields I.T put I am trying EVERY job I can see.

What IT experience and certs do you have? Its a tougher field now, but they are still looking for peopel with ITIL, A+, MCSE; it should give you a step in for an interview, at the least, where you can demonstrate competence.

Level 5, Level 7, comTIA A+ and N+ :(

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:

I'm not familiar with Lvl 5 and Lvl7, alas. I would also look for a MCSE if I am you, as that is pretty standard as a require these days. Where are you looking for a job? Dallas is fairly good for IT positions, and you can try to apply online.

You might have an issue right now where you're too qualified for the jobs that are available(Best Buy Geek Squads >.<).

Last thing I can think of is to acquire a second language, as those are extremely precious these days. Where I work, Spanish is most in demand, with Mandarin and Japanese also valued in rarer positions.

jesus christ A+ has been the laughing stock of certs for years. Don't tell him its actually useful for something!

Limlim said:
jesus christ A+ has been the laughing stock of certs for years. Don't tell him its actually useful for something!

Its still something of a 'baseline' cert where I work. Its not worth much, but it doesn't hurt either; its probably not worth the money put into it, I give you that. I've always thought that A+/S+/N+ to be expected.

IgnoredOne said:
ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:

I'm not familiar with Lvl 5 and Lvl7, alas. I would also look for a MCSE if I am you, as that is pretty standard as a require these days. Where are you looking for a job? Dallas is fairly good for IT positions, and you can try to apply online.

You might have an issue right now where you're too qualified for the jobs that are available(Best Buy Geek Squads >.<).

Last thing I can think of is to acquire a second language, as those are extremely precious these days. Where I work, Spanish is most in demand, with Mandarin and Japanese also valued in rarer positions.

I am pretty pissed because the city where I live also have a culture of only hiring their own race... :club:

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
I am pretty pissed because the city where I live also have a culture of only hiring their own race... :club:

Being Asian, I am familiar with racism. You'll just have to either leave or make yourself indispensable that they'll have to use you for their own sake(you'll take a salary hit, though).

IgnoredOne said:
ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:

Being Asian, I am familiar with racism. You'll just have to either leave or make yourself indispensable that they'll have to use you for their own sake(you'll take a salary hit, though).

It's a different sort of racism. More like "haha whiteboy you don't need this job teach you right for keep us down"

I have worked for a few Chinese and they where really good bosses but they had a hard time trusting white people and none-huns with their cash deals and stuff....

Really annoying.

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
It's a different sort of racism. More like "haha whiteboy you don't need this job teach you right for keep us down"

I have worked for a few Chinese and they where really good bosses but they had a hard time trusting white people and none-huns with their cash deals and stuff....

Really annoying.

I am ethnically Chinese.

There are a variety of reasons for that, but it often has to do with the fact that they're involved in something tax-evasive with their money. And yes, I do admit there's racism.

You should be fine in larger companies, such as Foxconn. The usual racism issues are less evident in the more practical and less personal hiring interviews of a company. At any rate, do give some thought to getting a MCSE.

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
IgnoredOne said:
ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:

this happens everywhere. sorry to hear that though. I used to work in a recruitment agency and most of the hiring companies wanted a certain kind of race, or didn't want a certain kind of race, when really the particular race that they didn't want to hire are the ones that don't have a job and needs the job the most.

beans said:
this happens everywhere. sorry to hear that though. I used to work in a recruitment agency and most of the hiring companies wanted a certain kind of race, or didn't want a certain kind of race, when really the particular race that they didn't want to hire are the ones that don't have a job and needs the job the most.

Yeah what a sad world we live in... I knew it wasn't just me...

ヾ(^▽^)ノ -Chippy said:
beans said:

Yeah what a sad world we live in... I knew it wasn't just me...

At least you have technical skills. You should be proud of yourself. I am having trouble getting a job too but its not because of my race, it's because of my resume.

Latest posts

Back