can't relate

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WL7.3

Reaction score
Hello, I'd like to start off by saying I'm mostly computer illiterate so please excuse any mistakes. I hope this is the introduction page.

I'm mainly on this forum looking for pen pals. I've been looking everywhere and as in life, I can't connect or relate with anyone. I'm going to post in the networking section as well.

Although it's hard to pinpoint, there are likely several reasons for my estrangement from people. Past bf's have said they've never met anyone like me before and in the context of a romantic relationship, that's an asset but it's worked against me with everyone else, even my family. To put things simply, I was born different (mentally and physically), was treated different, made a lot of mistakes and now am past the point of no return. I'm not complaining, just saying. Still I would like to make some friends. I know it's possible with certain men and if I wasn't in a relationship, I'd have some friends already but it has to be females, gay men or asexuals. I'm not like a regular female and generally don't develop rapport with them even if we have things in common and I respect them. The few times I've had female friends that I got along with, they've been histrionic back stabbers. I don't know what that say's about me or women in general or just the animal kingdom. Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Hey there, welcome to the forum. I think I do get what you're saying here.. I feel as though I can relate. I don't know, PM me if you wanna talk. :)

Hello and welcome! I hope you find what you are looking for, this is a great place to start.

Hi there,

Never met anyone like you? I'd take a positive from that.

Welcome to the site.

I can relate to how you feel. I'm male, but I too struggle to relate to others and I see a lot of myself in the message you wrote. Unfortunately, I'm not gay or asexual, so I won't waste your time, but welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Hello welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you're looking for here.
For some reason I had a hard time having female friends as well. Most of them never gave me a chance.
Hopefully you'll find new friends here! Feel free to pm me if you ever need to anyone to talk too.

Cavey said:
I can relate to how you feel. I'm male, but I too struggle to relate to others and I see a lot of myself in the message you wrote. Unfortunately, I'm not gay or asexual, so I won't waste your time, but welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Thx, you too.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Hello welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you're looking for here.
For some reason I had a hard time having female friends as well. Most of them never gave me a chance.
Hopefully you'll find new friends here! Feel free to pm me if you ever need to anyone to talk too.
Thx.

9006 said:
Hi there,

Never met anyone like you? I'd take a positive from that.

Welcome to the site.

It's good sometimes. Thanks for the welcome.

Poguesy said:
G'day to you sir.

WL7.3 said:
...Past bf's have said they've never met anyone like me before and in the context of a romantic relationship, that's an asset but it's worked against me with everyone else, even my family. To put things simply, I was born different (mentally and physically), was treated different, made a lot of mistakes and now am past the point of no return....

Sounds like the definition for unique. Hope you rejoice in that, I'm not part of the mainstream either and kinda glad to be honest.

Good luck in your quest.

WildernessWildChild said:
WL7.3 said:
...Past bf's have said they've never met anyone like me before and in the context of a romantic relationship, that's an asset but it's worked against me with everyone else, even my family. To put things simply, I was born different (mentally and physically), was treated different, made a lot of mistakes and now am past the point of no return....

Sounds like the definition for unique. Hope you rejoice in that, I'm not part of the mainstream either and kinda glad to be honest.

Good luck in your quest.

Yep. Always be glad you're unique. It's what makes you outstanding.. or special I guess. It's cool.

WildernessWildChild said:
WL7.3 said:

Good luck in your quest.
It has it's benefits and drawbacks. Thx.

Latest posts

Back