Can't think of 1 reason I shouldn't off myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miltonbradley

Reaction score
Life is a stack of pancakes and I'm out of syrup. No butter either. I don't have any silverware. It doesn't matter though because I was born without taste buds. So that's it. I can't really eat. I just let it sit there and do nothing because I can't enjoy it. I'm THIS close to throwing my food in the garbage and blowing my brains out.

Everything that you are going through is just a feeling.

And with bad feelings comes good feeling, positive experiences, great moments. And they do happen. At times in our lives we feel that they're few and far between, but with enough time and enough positive experiences and a little training, you'll start to realize that perception can completely change the way you feel about things, and that maybe it ain't all bad.

Please hold off and don't do anything silly. Have a good rest, go talk to someone who can help you, and start to make small changes that you feel will have a positive effect on your life.

Tramp said:
Hang in there man, hang in there. Good times will come.

What makes you think good times will come?

NeeNeeBird said:

And with bad feelings comes good feeling, positive experiences, great moments. And they do happen. At times in our lives we feel that they're few and far between, but with enough time and enough positive experiences and a little training, you'll start to realize that perception can completely change the way you feel about things, and that maybe it ain't all bad.

Please hold off and don't do anything silly. Have a good rest, go talk to someone who can help you, and start to make small changes that you feel will have a positive effect on your life.

"Go talk to someone who can help you" lol. Like it's that easy. Who? God? One of my many (zero) family members or friends? I have no one who can help me. I haven't had a positive experience in 10 years. I don't have a SINGLE thing to live for. This is so stupid. Why the fresia won't I do it.

miltonbradley said:
Tramp said:

NeeNeeBird said:

"Go talk to someone who can help you" lol. Like it's that easy. Who? God? One of my many (zero) family members or friends? I have no one who can help me. I haven't had a positive experience in 10 years. I don't have a SINGLE thing to live for. This is so stupid. Why the fresia won't I do it.

I find it hard to believe that you haven't had any good experiences in the past 10 years. Surely something good has happened to you within that time frame. Also, you do have people you can talk to. Isn't that what this forum is for? The last time I checked I had a pulse, and my breath fogged up the windowsill on a cold winters day. And, as far as the talking to God thing goes, scientific research shows that people who have a strong connection or relationship with God are happier and better rounded people than people who don't so why don't you give it a shot. I challenge you to get up each morning for at least two weeks, pray and thank God for at least one thing that you are greatful for each morning and see how much better you start to feel. Though your life will not make a drastic turn around instantaneously, you will begin to see a positive shift in your outlook on life. When you start to appreciate the small things in life (the beauty in nature, a passerbys hello, the fact that you are able to use your fingers to type, your eyes to look upon the computer, the fact that you live in a county not plagued by war or famine) you will understand that nothing is impossible and the life that you dread and want to end is not bad at all that while you are alive you still have a CHANCE(S) to make the best of it and make it full, happy and worthwhile.

I feel that the biggest reason why we are all lonely on this forum is because we choose to wallow in self-pity instead of taking a risk and getting out and making things happen for ourselves. Don't wait for life to happen for you, get out there and make it happen for yourself. Peace, Love and Blessings because you are honestly and sincerely worth it!!!

I agree with what TeaCup says, except for the challenge bit. Perhaps it is better to try to get up every morning and carry the idea that something good WILL happen that day or just take a moment to think about all the things you are thankful for in life, rather than pray to someone that you just do not believe in. And this is coming from a person who has spent years since birth studying different religions and just wasn't buying it.
If you feel as though perhaps there is a god out there, then by all means, try to build your spiritual bond with that god. However, I think it would be rather hypocritical to pray just as a last-ditch effort to be happy when you don't believe in that type of being. In my experience, it just leaves you empty and wondering why you're even doing it.
Of course, I mean this in the most non-controversial way possible; I respect all faiths and beliefs and fully believe that they all bring something unique and useful to the table. :)

1. We enjoy your posts
2. The people who you don't think cares about you, but really do
3. Lonely people in the future who want to be friends with you

*hugs*
You never really know how lonely or depressed many people really are until you get to know them, and you never really know how happy you can make someone by sitting down with them in a cafeteria and getting to know them

You may not think so, but there are people out there, acquittances, admiers from a far, that would miss you if you left

One of my best friends, tried to kill themselves when they were younger, and I can't tell you how lonely and depressed I would still be, if I hadn't met them

so i don't know try to keep that in mind, we really underestimate our impact on the world when we're depressed

but we don't want you to leave

*hugs*

:)

Well honeysuckle happens in cycles, bad times followed by good times, once you grasp this life becomes alot easier.

im in the same both, i think about doing it from time to time, but ive resolved to getting my honeysuckle together and making it to the other side of this bridge. dying like this would be too pathetic, im not going out like that, id rather show my 'fresia you' to the world by making something of myself. i hope you can do the same, we can say 'fresia you' together.

miltonbradley, I can only tell you why I haven't offed myself and believe me I want to but....... Think about the Police officer that has to come and find me with my head blown off or hung in my shower bloated, rotting and stinky. That person has to go put their children to bed that night and go home to a spouse more then likely. I think it would be very traumatic for the person who's job it is to check on my rotting stinking corpse and I don't have the right to do that to anyone. I also think about my land lords, what did they ever do to me? My brains splattered over the walls of a house they have to repair and paint / re-carpet. Then There's my mother, man I don't want to do anything to hurt that woman. She's the only one I've ever had. So I exist, waiting to Die, that's not an answer either is it? When you're waiting to die you have no quality of life. I wish a had an answer for you, if I did I would have an answer for myself. I do think that windowsill's my new hero, I wish I had your tenacity windowsill.

miltonbradley said:
Tramp said:

NeeNeeBird said:

Good times always come.

But then they go away and bad times come.

And then the good times come again.

Life is a roller coaster. Some people can't handle it so they get off. Either way, it is what it is. I hope you hang in there, because I'm really feeling it right now if you know what I mean. I'm not happy right now. But someday I will be again. And then I won't be again. That's only because for me, as a spiritually deficient human being, my happiness is based on my circumstances. For those who are mentally and spiritually evolved, their happiness is not contingent upon their surroundings or current circumstances. I hope to evolve to that point someday.

Latest posts

Back