Cars (old ones)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguarundi

Reaction score
These came past my house today. These and about an hours worth of others.

Thought some of you might like them...

auzcl4.jpg

2505a0y.jpg

ivh9np.jpg

1zdced.jpg

29d92di.jpg

eumr6h.jpg

33us8zm.jpg

2qc4e87.jpg

28kpx8w.jpg

2nk86fs.jpg

LonesomeLoner said:
Nice pics.

Thank you, LL. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

An interesting sociological observation ( well not really lol) was that there were a number of black Porsche 911's in the procession. Almost without exception, and given that normal traffic was circulating, as soon as they passed the applauding figures of my neighbours and myself, they stepped on the gas and roared up the hill.

So, doth the car make the twat, or is the twat born that way, hmmm?😹

jaguarundi said:
An interesting sociological observation ( well not really lol) was that there were a number of black Porsche 911's in the procession. Almost without exception, and given that normal traffic was circulating, as soon as they passed the applauding figures of my neighbours and myself, they stepped on the gas and roared up the hill.

Wasn't that just an effort to thrill the spectators? Not sure how that makes the drivers twats. Maybe I need more info.

jaguarundi said:
as soon as they passed the applauding figures of my neighbours and myself, they stepped on the gas and roared up the hill.

To me, that sounds like they were just out to entertain, not look like an ass :)

Very cool....looks like a nice mix of both vintage and modern classics. I have to say, most of these are not ones I recognize readily...several Rolls-Royces, perhaps a few Citroens, a Vector, and a Lotus? Either way, very sharp.

We have car shows around here in the summer as well on the weekends, I actually saw my top-of-the-list dream car there. Quite a sight.

jaguarundi said:

Haha. I too think they were mostly entertaining the crowd. But to answer the question, I don't think the car necessarily makes the twat so much as it enables someone who is already a twat to emphasize their twattishness.

I certainly hope I've never come off as a twat while cruising around in my Mustang!

Nice pics... and nice cars. I don't do 4 wheels, but I have to admit that a couple of those make me want to reconsider ;)

Glad you all enjoyed them!

user 130057 - - Re 2 wheels, Unfortunately it was nearly 30 degrees out there and I was getting hot... So I nipped back indoors for a slug of water and just got back in time to miss photographing the group of gendarmes on old motorcycles. These 2 bikes were all I got..

6tjn0k.jpg

Ah yes skishy, a Mustang..

One of these?

t7g42g.jpg

No hang on one of these..

qy9w03.jpg

Ah yes, of course. One of these!! LOL!

2s67neu.jpg

The event is much more than a car show. This year was the 75th anniversary of the annual Angouleme Circuit des Remperts. These days the cars drive out around the area ( hence past my house yesterday) and have a car show, which was in my local town this year, but the main event is the time trials around the Angouleme's old town ramparts for the different categories of car. It was part of the Grand Prix circuit for a year or two after the war

wafvx3.jpg

To get a feel for driving around the ramparts, click below. When I go shopping/eating in the town centre I do some of it ... In my Skoda Fabia, not a 1965 Lotus 7 as in this youtube video, although my car IS silver, the resemblance kind of stops there, however.

[youtube]zfuWWpK5zV8[/youtube]

And appropos twaterry in a Mustang, here's an example from last year... Putain de Merde, as they might say (actually I am pretty sure they would say it in the circumstances roflmao).

[align=center][youtube]-vY6BFF2oaw[/youtube]​
[/align]

Ah no....that looked like a classic Shelby Mustang as well. ****. They're rare enough as it is.

I looked up the meaning of that French phrase, and under the circumstances, it takes the words right out of my mouth!

Glad to see a classic pony made it to the parade, though. There just had to be one there! I hear they've even got a Mustang club of Iceland.

I wish I could take my car to that course, looks like a blast!

Latest posts

Back