Causes of your depression and loneliness.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it harder and harder to try and socialize or even just go for a drink with a friend. At the end of the night I just can't wait to get back home and relax in front of the computer or television. I am also a magnet for trouble sometimes.

I also have some deep issues that still need to be resolved within myself. I will meet someone who will treat me really nice, but then I end up treating them like honeysuckle back. I am always sorry for what I have done in the end, but its usually too late and they are already gone.

At the moment mostly due to my progressive hair loss. It's messing with my psychological health and crushing my self-esteem and, by the same token, any hope that I might ever have a relationship. I feel helpless and trapped, I'm doing what I can but it doesn't seem to be enough.

Silvernight said:
At the moment mostly due to my progressive hair loss. It's messing with my psychological health and crushing my self-esteem and, by the same token, any hope that I might ever have a relationship. I feel helpless and trapped, I'm doing what I can but it doesn't seem to be enough.

You should try Propecia. It is a bit pricey, but I have heard from many people say that it works really well.

DayvanCowboy said:
Silvernight said:

You should try Propecia. It is a bit pricey, but I have heard from many people say that it works really well.

It's for men only if I'm not mistaken.

DayvanCowboy said:
I find it harder and harder to try and socialize or even just go for a drink with a friend. At the end of the night I just can't wait to get back home and relax in front of the computer or television.

This is me as well. None of the other stuff you say tho just this that I quote you one. But why are we like this when for me there is nothing to come back home to but emptiness and and and , well just that emptiness, Why?

Never had any close friends.

I'll think a guy likes me only later we just wind up being friends for some reason.

Nobody understands me.

I'm a bit shy :) but I open up when you get to know me! People just don't seem to want to take the time to do that!

I don't think there's really anything wrong with ME, people just don't get me well enough I guess LOL. I'm not that odd though. People are confusing........

I'd avoid the alcohol since no decent lady likes a man knee-deep in booze. It's a depressant too, it'll just amplify any bouts of depression. Instead of turning to alcohol, I'd learn more about it's culture, history, and what kinds are there. You know, just appreciating and bein' impressed by the work put into makin' em. Plus it's nice to have a big repertoire of what sort of good drinks are out there, and you can impress someone with that knowledge too. ;) Thus help in creating a bridge for meeting people. For stress/depression relievin'... I'd exercise for at least 15-30mins. Getting adrenaline and endorphins pumping in your blood and brain is way better than any alcohol. Plus it builds confidence as a boon for feeling healthier.

My parents moved to another country, i knew and still know no- one here, because you are from another country, you are an outcast right away, while i was hopeing this was a new start for me ( being bullied in the past), so the only friens i had, are far away from me, and i see them very little, a girl that was my closest friend, and i trusted her telling everything gone intro like, loveing eachother, and she hurted me really mutch by saying after telling me like 100 times she loves me and want more then friendship i ask her to be my girlfriends, and she ignores me for like 5 days already now , only send me back one little thing : The distance is too big, we both have to think if we want this, but i think i cant handle it. Thats pretty mutch my little story.

Sorry for the bad english, im dutch <3

Darkbladez said:
My parents moved to another country, i knew and still know no- one here, because you are from another country, you are an outcast right away, while i was hopeing this was a new start for me ( being bullied in the past), so the only friens i had, are far away from me, and i see them very little, a girl that was my closest friend, and i trusted her telling everything gone intro like, loveing eachother, and she hurted me really mutch by saying after telling me like 100 times she loves me and want more then friendship i ask her to be my girlfriends, and she ignores me for like 5 days already now , only send me back one little thing : The distance is too big, we both have to think if we want this, but i think i cant handle it. Thats pretty mutch my little story.

Sorry for the bad english, im dutch <3

Strange, I thought I had already replied to this thread.

Oh well, here's my reply. DarkBladez, I think I can relate to your post somewhat, having lived in four different countries already, and having attended twelve different schools. As soon as I make friends in one place, it is time for me to move. I can never fit in of course, because I am always the new kid. My shyness and social awkwardness just further aggravates this problem, and in some cases, I may come off as anti-social, or stand-offish. Generally, however, I try my best to be nice to people, smiling at them, helping them with their schoolwork, and so on. Unfortunately, our relationships never develop beyond a formal working relationship in school. I never get invited anywhere, I have no friends in real life, and of course have never, and most probably will never, have a girlfriend.

And yet, after all this, I am not depressed. I am not suicidal. I feel somewhat comfortable with my current existence - I have food, shelter, a good education - I have the potential now to achieve almost anything I want in life (besides socializing). I realize that my situation is luxurious and pampered compared with many of the people in the world - I am grateful for what I have.

We must never take for granted the bare essentials in life such as food and shelter - millions (if not billions) around the world do not have those bare essentials. I urge you all to frequently remind yourself of this fact. Okay, so you don't have to get on a plane straight away to Ethiopia and help people, but what I am telling you to do is to occasionally "zoom out", see the bigger picture, and realize that your problems aren't quite as big as you once thought they were.

-caesium

For me, I can't attract the type of person that I am seeking. In addition, I am drowning in guilt over my past. Sometimes, I don't even know the real me, like I lack an identity. I feel like a shadow that meanders through people's lives. Does anyone else feel this way ?

fadingaway22 said:
For me, I can't attract the type of person that I am seeking. In addition, I am drowning in guilt over my past. Sometimes, I don't even know the real me, like I lack an identity. I feel like a shadow that meanders through people's lives. Does anyone else feel this way ?

Yep, all too frequently. Although I do entertain a lingering suspicion that the type of person I want to attract, doesn't exist outside of the theatre of my mind. Perhaps it is because I tend to think in terms of people who's company might help me feel better about myself rather than those who I may genuinely like.

23 years, and I had no girlfriend. In fact people are usually look at me like on crazy guy(can you imagine how crap look I have). I was bullied at school but always stood for myself. Have no talents and don't know why am i still living....hope maybe.

Anxiety pretty much pushed me to isolate myself. Had a couple of good friends, friends that I had since birth. They were outgoing and would drag me around with them to clubs and to generally socialize. I had too many issues and couldn't keep up. So to keep from embarrasing myself and just feeling miserable being around happy hopeful people I felt I had to cut almost everyone out of my life.

Problems with physical health -> no social life (I have only one friend whom I have seen in February, and who doesn't want to help me) -> loneliness and isolation
Now I think there's something really wrong with my mental health as well...

Erm reasons for me being miserable as hell?

People who know me or get to know me see me as being a passionate talkative smart girl , a pretty outgoing person
but I have crippling insecurities that have caused me to slowly destroy myself over the past few years

I feel really strongly that I have no social skills, I don't understand how to act around other people, I just don't know how to connect with other people. I feel like a total freak most of the time.
I've never really fitted in anywhere. I have no idea of who I am.

Social Anxiety prevents me from relaxing enough to get to know anyone.

Also mental health problems have meant that I'm a few years behind everyone else my age who is going to uni or whatever and have left me with no social circle whatsoever

Now I just have no idea how to make friends or where to make friends
or how to get what everybody else seems to have so easily

I'd rather be pissed off at the moment, so today I feel like blaming others:

All those well intentioned ******* out there who lead on like they care but are really the same selfish ******** as everyone else.
I blame those monstrous children who laughed at me every single day at the school bus stop when I was 11 until my sense of self worth was wrecked.
honeysuckle, in a sense then I have to blame my parents for never telling me to stand up for myself.
I blame my peers for all running off and getting married and having kids, because now people can only do things as couples. And I'm not a couple.
I blame all the girls out there who wanted me to be the dominant alpha male type. Sorry I'm not tall dark and handsome and I don't spend hours in the gym; maybe you shouldn't complain so much next time someone objectifies you.
I blame the few girls that I really desired for never reciprocating.
I blame all the liars out there who told me the world was a bright place.
I blame all the punk-rocker-hippie-raver-counterculturalists who showed me the possibility of a community that never came together.
I blame all the conventional boring ass people with their dull ass Jesus loving world and pointless guilt complexes.
I blame everyone that judged me for feeling bitter and sad because they've got no idea how vapid and ******* empty my life is.

It's hard for me to accept the fact that I am a number, nothing more than a mere number...
It's hard for me to accept the fact that people are selfish and careless
It's hard for me to find any reason to wake up in the morning.

Overbearing father that left me afraid of being around people, speaking my mind and being myself.
Being conventionally ugly - buck teeth, acne, out of shape, bad hair, etc.

Latest posts

Back