Celibacy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limlim said:
Sort of like how my ex girlfriend made me watch Titanic....and my brains didn't ooze out of my ears

You, sir, are a god of fortitude amongst men.

Limlim said:
Semi related question to Rolo and Nitramici.

Would you ever consider being in a relationship and "getting physical" just for the sake doing something for your partner? Kinda taking one for the team so to speak, despite not having any interest in it. Sort of like how my ex girlfriend made me watch Titanic.... fresia that honeysuckle was boring, but I did it for her.

(Seriously, you have no idea how boring that movie was)

I don't know. I've never been all that intimate, even emotionally, with someone, so I can only guess how I would react. But if we got to that stage of closeness and she initiated it, I think I would do my best.

I'm not asexual, it's just there's never been a single moment in my life where I've appreciated physical contact from others (or pursued it for that matter). I've always pushed it away without a second thought. But under the right conditions, maybe I'd like it. I'd rather stay open-minded about the idea.

And I'm pretty sure it'd be a lot more enjoyable than the Titanic movie, either way. Props to you!

Doubt The Rabbit said:
...Is it bad that I've never seen the Titanic?

It's very bad! You should run to the nearest video rental shop from you and get it. Now!

:p

Bunneh said:
...Is it bad that I've never seen the Titanic?

Don't do it.

It took me like 6 hours to watch that ******* movie.

I swear, I had to piss like every 10 minutes. Too much water.

Limlim said:
Semi related question to Rolo and Nitramici.

Would you ever consider being in a relationship and "getting physical" just for the sake doing something for your partner? Kinda taking one for the team so to speak, despite not having any interest in it. Sort of like how my ex girlfriend made me watch Titanic.... fresia that honeysuckle was boring, but I did it for her.

(Seriously, you have no idea how boring that movie was)

Nope i wouldnt. Im not going to force myself to do anything that is not natural for me. If the other person dont like it-they can get lost and find someone else haha

An titanic? wtf- was it worth it? lmao

No it wasn't, I told her it was unnatural for me to watch that movie. But then she gave me some bullshit about appellation to nature being a logical fallacy and that I made her watch boondock saints the other day. Which doesn't make sense at all as boondock is like, the most awesome movie ever.

In this day and age where there are so many different methods of birth control, I don't believe BABIES is a consequence. One just has to be responsible so they don't get an STD, expecially AIDS.

Sex is a beautiful thing and I believe very necessary part of a relationship between 2 people who are in a loving/caring relationship--whether they be straight or gay.

I don't believe anyone dies from being celibate, however.

Also, if one wants to remain celibate, that person should make sure they stay away from getting in a relationship with someone. Since it is a part of a relationship, it would be an awful shock to the other person when the time comes and he/she finds out you want to remain celibate.

WishingWell said:
Also, if one wants to remain celibate, that person should make sure they stay away from getting in a relationship with someone.

Disagree, but only slightly. The person should make sure that they stay away from getting in a relationship with someone who is unaware of the person's commitment to celibacy. If the other party is cogent, aware and accepting, I do not believe that it is inherently unhealthy.

Why should someone that choses not to have sex/cannot have sex stay away from relationships? Im sure that most celebate people would let teh other person know early on so there is no suprise later.

When i started my relationship-i let the other person know sex was not part of the deal-they were fine with it. Some people out there that are sexual actually look for a relationship that isnt based on sex or have it as an important aspect. Its easy to have a relationship last a long time without having sex, celibacy, asexuality, not having sex for whatever reason doesnt mean that emotions, comitment and all the other aspects of a relationship are missing.

Its a shame that there are not many ceibates here to ask about this- if we could fine some that are willing to tell us about their relationships i think that most will be suprised at just how regular they are without sex. There is way to much emphasis on sex-if you loved someone-it shouldnt really matter really? What about if you had been with some one for years without having sex as they had some reason that they didnt want to have it. then it turns out they cant have sex forever-would you leave them or stay as they are the person you are in love with? thats sort of celibacy based on external factors, but its similar.
I gues noone will ever be able to fully comprehend this-im on one side, your on the other-so unless you lot turn to celibacy-but live by any rules you have (eg not getting into a relationship etc) we are never going to know how it can be. :)

I dunno seems fair, if both people are good with one or both partners being celibate then whatever floats your boat relationship wise.

Latest posts

Back