Changing how you were raised?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you kidding, I went to catholic primary and secondary school and everythingggg, did you?
Hahah I went to a couple of convent schools, they kept asking my parents to find another school for me as I have a real problem with psycho swagger stick welding nuns.

I was raised Catholic and I'm not screwed up...well, not from that. :p
They must have been amateur Catholics ;)

They must have been amateur Catholics ;)

Nah, I just didn't go to catholic school, so I wasn't exposed to it as much, I suppose. Unless you count CCD. Not sure if they have that everywhere, but in case they don't or call it something else, it's a weekly class to learn about the bible and the religion and all that.

Nah, I just didn't go to catholic school, so I wasn't exposed to it as much, I suppose. Unless you count CCD. Not sure if they have that everywhere, but in case they don't or call it something else, it's a weekly class to learn about the bible and the religion and all that.
Ah yeah we ( used to? ) have that, Sunday School and when I got into a regular school the poor kids that went to Sunday School were bullied something shocking and treated like lepers.

I wish my education was better. But that time it was almost impossible.
Also I think it would be better if my mother lied to me a little bit less, maybe I'd be less paranoid and more trustfull. Her politics is: kids don't like doctors, if you tell a kid you're going to a docotr, the kid will whine, so say you're just walking. And when it's obviously you go to the doctor, tell the kid, that it won't hurt. Even if you know for sure it will. So easy.

Well, you said it wouldve given you a complex if you had been raised by nazis. A nazis is only different in regards to others, not to themselves. So you likely wouldve not been complexed being a nazi, because being one is normal to other nazis 😜
It did give me a complex, my mum is the biggest nazi alive, wish she wasn't

My point is you should fresia off with telling people how to fix themselves and what is and isn't a valid way to feel about things they can't change.

And there's the other know it all ******* to tell people how to be like her.

You can respond to people without the insults and name calling.

I see things have gotten a bit out of hand, didn't want to add to the fire so I probably won't share my opining on the topic in general since apparently, it's a sensitive topic for some. All I can say is whatever makes you happy that's the most important thing change no change. We all wish we could revisit and alter things in our lives either on ours or others but unfortunately until they invent a time machine, we cannot so live how you wish to live all roads to understanding and happiness are great and if you must think upon these things simply reflect it is probably not good to dwell in them, I have spent many years dwelling in death and morning I do not wish to revisit it any more. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day, and we can continue this discussion more peacefully.

Like catechism classes? Its mostly converts

Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. (Yes, I googled. Like I'm going to remember after all these years. lol) I was baptized Catholic when I was one day old and then again when I was a little older, so I've always been Catholic. My mom, grandma and great grandma have also always been Catholic. In my area, it's for good little catholic children who don't go to catholic school, but still need to get in God's good graces and learn about the fires of hell and all that. lol BUT, I bet none of you have ever told a nun that your dad is a prostitute.

It is used for converts, but also for young children. It's apparently VITAL for children. lol Here's what Wiki via Google says.
"CCD attendance is considered by the Holy See to be vital to children's development as Catholics. These classes not only educate children about Jesus and the Catholic faith but prepare children to receive the sacraments of Penance (confession), the Eucharist (Holy Communion), and Confirmation."

I am a Jewish person and a granddaughter of a holocaust survivor. Please don't use the term Nazi flippantly.
Aww, I'm so sorry your grandmother had to go through that. Is she okay?

I've actually been wanting to visit the Holocaust museum in Detroit for years. Haven't made it up there yet. Lots of places I haven't made it yet. I'll get to them eventually.

Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. (Yes, I googled. Like I'm going to remember after all these years. lol) I was baptized Catholic when I was one day old and then again when I was a little older, so I've always been Catholic. My mom, grandma and great grandma have also always been Catholic. In my area, it's for good little catholic children who don't go to catholic school, but still need to get in God's good graces and learn about the fires of hell and all that. lol BUT, I bet none of you have ever told a nun that your dad is a prostitute.

It is used for converts, but also for young children. It's apparently VITAL for children. lol Here's what Wiki via Google says.
"CCD attendance is considered by the Holy See to be vital to children's development as Catholics. These classes not only educate children about Jesus and the Catholic faith but prepare children to receive the sacraments of Penance (confession), the Eucharist (Holy Communion), and Confirmation."
So then is this like Catechism?

What would it be if you could change anything about how you were raised?

My parents would have shown love, not beatings. My parents would say," we hit you because we love you."
My parents married for second time a bit later in life, especially for my Dad who was 49 when I was born and my Mum was 38.
They had both had previous families and both their respective offsprings were in their late teens or early twenties when I came along, so I was the baby of the family.
You might think that had perks and yes I got spoiled a fair bit, but was also very lonely during my childhood. All my school friends nearly all had siblings close in age and I was treated differently because of being an oddity. I guess then, I would change family set up so I had company of my own age growing up.

In a way, I kind of did.
The result was a role reversal between me and my parents.
So basically, I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't.

Latest posts

Back