Changing how you were raised?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't change a thing. It wasn't perfect, but it made me who I am. I can't imagine me being anyway else,.so good or bad, that's the way it is. I don't really enjoy that type of reflection TOO much, because it's a bit like auto-flagellation. You can't change the past. But you can change the future.

I wouldn't change a thing. It wasn't perfect, but it made me who I am. I can't imagine me being anyway else,.so good or bad, that's the way it is. I don't really enjoy that type of reflection TOO much, because it's a bit like auto-flagellation. You can't change the past. But you can change the future.
what he said I was going to say couldn't agree more

You don't just fix hating yourself.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear of the upbringing that you had, that can't have been easy.

While the upbringing that I had from my parents was nothing like yours, I had a lot of health issues that made growing up tough.

However, I completely agree with Richard_39, and I've said something very similar before in a previous post, I am the person that I am today because of my past. Change my past, and the person that I am today is gone.

Well, you can't fix hating yourself, but you can slowly, painfully change that person you hate into someone you hate a little bit less.

But I don't see how that relates to how you were raised, unless you were raised to hate yourself, which is...just wrong.

I wouldnt have been raised by Nazis, gave me a reallll complex 😒
Well you wouldn't know. Nazis, to other Nazis, are good people. Everyone else doesn't think so, but if you were raised to believe only Naxis are good people, well ...

Well, you can't fix hating yourself, but you can slowly, painfully change that person you hate into someone you hate a little bit less.

But I don't see how that relates to how you were raised, unless you were raised to hate yourself, which is...just wrong.
Nah it's not lack of things, or accomplishments or w/e.

And yes that is how it relates.

Sorry, why can't you fix hating yourself? You totally can. You "fix" it by striving, going after and accomplishing the goals that will get you where you want to be. I "fixed" hating myself. Used to hate myself, don't anymore. So I "fixed" that problem I had. So why can't everyone else? If you have the desire, the willpower and the goals set, you can do just about anything.

As for the question. I'm also with Richard, not changing a thing. My life sucked growing up....hell, it got worse every year, but I wouldn't be who I am today. Could i have been a better person, more successful, more money, more whatever? Sure, but there's just as much likelihood that I would have been worse. So fresia it, my past can stay where it belongs....in the past. It can't haunt me or harm me because I have moved on from all that honeysuckle and refuse to go back to what I once was. It's all about being better than I was yesterday.

Okay, then what's your point? Because I'm not understanding exactly what you're trying to say here.
My point is you should fresia off with telling people how to fix themselves and what is and isn't a valid way to feel about things they can't change.

Sorry, why can't you fix hating yourself? You totally can. You "fix" it by striving, going after and accomplishing the goals that will get you where you want to be. I "fixed" hating myself. Used to hate myself, don't anymore. So I "fixed" that problem I had. So why can't everyone else? If you have the desire, the willpower and the goals set, you can do just about anything.

As for the question. I'm also with Richard, not changing a thing. My life sucked growing up....hell, it got worse every year, but I wouldn't be who I am today. Could i have been a better person, more successful, more money, more whatever? Sure, but there's just as much likelihood that I would have been worse. So fresia it, my past can stay where it belongs....in the past. It can't haunt me or harm me because I have moved on from all that honeysuckle and refuse to go back to what I once was. It's all about being better than I was yesterday.
And there's the other know it all ******* to tell people how to be like her. If you got it all figured the fresia out then get a nanny or an uber driver or w/e ******* excuse you make for being too busy and go live.

Someone sounds a little bitter..... How about you not worry about my life and focus on your own. If you don't like what people say (especially when they aren't talking to YOU...like Richard) maybe you should just ignore it or them.
Also, last I checked, name calling was against the rules...But hey, keep being classy. It suits you.

My point is you should fresia off with telling people how to fix themselves and what is and isn't a valid way to feel about things they can't change.
The door's right there. You don't like reading it, the hell are you doing on here anyway? Block me and grow the Hell up.

Be thankful you weren't raised catholic Princess, can't even begin to count how many ways that screws you up.
Are you kidding, I went to catholic primary and secondary school and everythingggg, did you?

Latest posts

Back