Chasing after a girl and need advice.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheaptrickfan said:
When I go out with a new guy, I am not sitting there with a clipboard and a ******* checklist and a stopwatch.

Well you're probably the only one....

Brian said:
cheaptrickfan said:
When I go out with a new guy, I am not sitting there with a clipboard and a ******* checklist and a stopwatch.

Well you're probably the only one....

Of course, maybe my track record might be better if I had tried harder to keep track of things.

Is he wearing a wedding ring - check
Is he rude and obnoxious to total strangers - check
Can't stop staring at other women even though I am right there - check

Argh.

cheaptrickfan said:

lol... I don't see other women. All I see are pairs of boobs attached to some sort of mobile frame :p

mintymint said:
cheaptrickfan said:

lol... I don't see other women. All I see are pairs of boobs attached to some sort of mobile frame :p

Uh huh. Yep.

*sigh*

The only advice I can give you for next time, is don't text to hang out/go on a date UNLESS you are close with the person and have established some kind of relationship.

If it's not possible to ask in person, then call.

Lonesome Crow said:
Hit up on other chicks.
Take them all for a test drive.
Look under hood, test the suspension, make sure the headlights works, kick the tires, burn some rubber to see if she has good tractions and maintenance requirements.
And screw all that guilt mentally bullshit.
Women do the samething...they just don't wanna mention it or sugar coat it.
It's a two way street, it's your life, time and energy too.

yea the two way street is so true. thats why i kinda gave up because i was the one who was starting the conversation and asking the questions. She did open up eventually, but i was still the one who had to start it. So i kinda feel like the best thing to do is to forget about her til we cross paths again and when she puts in effort too.

VanillaCreme said:
Well, perhaps, the text messaging to her was just a general thing to her. Text messages don't mean that she was interested in you. Maybe it wasn't a waste to her. She was simply talking to someone she knew. And saying that the majority of females aren't direct based off text messages from one female is pretty shoddy. I know for a fact I'm very direct and honest. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

well...am i right to assume that she is at least somewhat interested if she makes an effort to continue to text me for a few weeks? i asked all my friends that were girls and they said they wouldn't text someone for that long if they weren't that interested. Should i not assume that for the next time or what?

cheaptrickfan said:

Argh.

no offense, but i hate when girls assume that guys are checking out women during the date. I remember when i took this girl out one time. she got mad at me at the end of the night she claimed i was checking out other girls while she was there and i swear i did not look at anyone else. I think sometimes girls might mistaken a simple thing as looking around the restaurant for the waiter as checking someone out. mb its just me.

shells said:
The only advice I can give you for next time, is don't text to hang out/go on a date UNLESS you are close with the person and have established some kind of relationship.

If it's not possible to ask in person, then call.

well i don't want to call her and put her on the spot. i feel like she might have bullshiited me and said that she would text me back cuz she was too nice didnt want to reject me on the phone. could've been other things. But idk, especially since i just met her, we don't know eachother that well, so im guessing it wouldnt be the best idea and probably might be awkward for her. agree ?

?uest Love said:
well i don't want to call her and put her on the spot. i feel like she might have bullshiited me and said that she would text me back cuz she was too nice didnt want to reject me on the phone. could've been other things. But idk, especially since i just met her, we don't know eachother that well, so im guessing it wouldnt be the best idea and probably might be awkward for her. agree ?
It might just be a personal preference of mine.

I'd rather be asked to "hang out" or go on a date in person, or at the very least, on a phone call.

Call me old-fashion, but it's also something memorable to look back on, especially if it ever becomes a relationship that gets serious.

cheaptrickfan said:
OMG LC, women are not used cars. Sure, it's not a bad idea to see if you're compatible partners, but there's no need to be so mercenary about it.

Let say fate didn't have it's way us...
And we were dating.
We're very compaitable, thou we don't see eye to eye on everything.
You're a very beuatiful intelligent woman, I'm but a simple man.
These are what keeps things in balance.

You know as will as I do eventually you're going to give me the honeysuckle test...
becuase I'll be on my best behaviors while courting you. Whatever how long that is.
But eventaully the day will come when your trust for me will be put through the acide test, even if i see the love in your eyes.
In any case , it's still something I must show you wheather you let me know I'm being tested or not.
As i said...I'm simple man. I can't imagine being tested for the rest of my life.
Just for today I can do it. I'll just wake up every morning telling myself the samething. Oneday at a time.

Here's the thing...if there's that magic or i belive that you're the love
of my life and I belive you truely love me. I will natraully have patience,
tolerance and understanding for you.

I'm also wise enough to know ( if you're the love of my life)
I don't have to be right. It's not important for me to be right.
What'a more important to me is your love for me.
I have priorities straight....

Besides..you probably sing like an angel and I'll probably melt in your arms right then and there. :)

shells said:

I'd rather be asked to "hang out" or go on a date in person, or at the very least, on a phone call.

Call me old-fashion, but it's also something memorable to look back on, especially if it ever becomes a relationship that gets serious.

i agree with your statement. well you think i should call her again ? like i gave her a call once and she said she would get back to me on the date. Should i keep chasing her (since im sure some girls love the chase) or give her space? Like i feel if she really wanted to she would call me back. idk i just feel girls are so complicated. But that statement probably goes both ways when it comes to a girl's perspective too.

?uest Love said:
shells said:

i agree with your statement. well you think i should call her again ? like i gave her a call once and she said she would get back to me on the date. Should i keep chasing her (since im sure some girls love the chase) or give her space? Like i feel if she really wanted to she would call me back. idk i just feel girls are so complicated. But that statement probably goes both ways when it comes to a girl's perspective too.

Go with your gut feeling. I'd say give her space and don't stress yourself out over it.

?uest Love said:
VanillaCreme said:
Well, perhaps, the text messaging to her was just a general thing to her. Text messages don't mean that she was interested in you. Maybe it wasn't a waste to her. She was simply talking to someone she knew. And saying that the majority of females aren't direct based off text messages from one female is pretty shoddy. I know for a fact I'm very direct and honest. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

well...am i right to assume that she is at least somewhat interested if she makes an effort to continue to text me for a few weeks? i asked all my friends that were girls and they said they wouldn't text someone for that long if they weren't that interested. Should i not assume that for the next time or what?

Well, yes and no. Text messages don't necessarily mean she wanted to date you. Maybe she thought she found a nice friend in you. I text message people. That doesn't mean i want to date them. That means I'm friends with them enough to text them. If you happen to be interested in someone relationship wise, make it clear to them, and then find out their side. Don't assume a text message, even for a while, means they're are indeed interested as well.

?uest Love said:
cheaptrickfan said:

Argh.

no offense, but i hate when girls assume that guys are checking out women during the date. I remember when i took this girl out one time. she got mad at me at the end of the night she claimed i was checking out other girls while she was there and i swear i did not look at anyone else. I think sometimes girls might mistaken a simple thing as looking around the restaurant for the waiter as checking someone out. mb its just me.

To use your own words, "no offense, but" I'm no idiot. I can tell the difference between a guy casually looking at other people in the room while we're talking and when he stops everything he's doing and then pointedly stares at some chick's ass when she walks by.

I love it when someone prefaces a statement with no offense, with all due respect, or I don't want to say this, but... It always gets juicy :p

mintymint said:
I love it when someone prefaces a statement with no offense, with all due respect, or I don't want to say this, but... It always gets juicy :p

Hah, I know. Hence my clever use of quotation marks. :p

cheaptrickfan said:
?uest Love said:
cheaptrickfan said:

Argh.

To use your own words, "no offense, but" I'm no idiot. I can tell the difference between a guy casually looking at other people in the room while we're talking and when he stops everything he's doing and then pointedly stares at some chick's ass when she walks by.

No...I look at her ass, her tits, her eyes, her lips, her hair.
I look at her neck (checking for hickies :p) i look at her finger.
I wanna know what perfumes she's wearing.
I wanna know if she's wearing undies or not. If she is...she's probably wearing a g-string.
I wanna know if a tatoo of my name would look good on her ass.
I'm thinking if she's wearing nipple rings how big her nipples are....

Lonesome Crow said:
I wanna know if she's wearing undies or not. If she is...she's probably wearing a g-string.

LC, I think that you may be a special case. I don't know if all men give random women passing by such a thorough going-over.

I would try to offer advice but I have no idea how to make friends in real life nor how to date. It's something I wish to become more savvy on since I'm supposed to know what people are all about, being a psychology major. o_o

cheaptrickfan said:
Lonesome Crow said:

LC, I think that you may be a special case. I don't know if all men give random women passing by such a thorough going-over.

In my opinion, LC sort of just crossed the line from being funny, to being a bit creepy.

Lonesome Crow said:
I do the same thing, Crow, but with guys.

I look longingly into their eyes, even though theirs are looking everywhere else except on mine.
I wanna know how a pretty red imprint of my hand would look on their face after I catch them staring down my shirt for the 20th time.
I look at their finger, then wanna know why they are flirting with me when they have a ring on.
I wanna know, boxers or briefs? Eh, doesn't matter. Probably a pair of socks stuffed in there anyway.
I wanna know when the last time they showered was. From what I can tell, it's been awhile.
I wonder how big his dingle-berries are, and what they would look like with a pair of eyes tattooed on them...

Before I get shanked by the mods, I'm kidding... Maybe. :p

You know you're not joking Shells...I wasn't.
I left out the most import thing.
I also check out her goochi bag...I wanna know what improtant on the go sex toys she has. :p

well CTF...i might as will get all the important details out of the way and be thorough from the get go. it'll be all down hill from there. :)

Latest posts

Back