Chatroom hurting this site!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
I came back here with the aforementioned that if I need to write something it would be heard. However I notice that since leaving "ALL" reply on these forum are dying rapidly. And this isn't the first time where a forum decided to add a chat room and the number of reply goes down tremendously. I been wondering why as of late that the forum seem to be dying. Before almost every depressing thread would get around 10-14 post in a day, whereas now 3 reply in 2 days as an estimate.

Not to mention that people like myself and mink who only have a MAC to work with are unable to communicated with all you guys because we can't enter the chat room. I still got to socialanxietysupport.com to use the chatroom there, but if you ever go on to their forum, you could make a whole thread withing a month and yet no one has reply to you. Therefore I hope the admin: Bluey, Robin, and the other admin to look into this thread.

I strongly feel that chatroom or not, it is really hurting this site and if these continue, I guess many more of us will probably leave. As when I first sign up on here, I also register at other depressing or lonely forum and I found out that this had the most reply and also the quickest and is the main reason why I stay versus other site. However lately this isn't the case because of the new chat room, and therefore "ALL" has become the least reply and least quickest of all the other forum I visit.

I want to let all you admin know and maybe we can find a solution for this problem.

Thanks

I've got a mac too. and the chatroom works for me.

but, I agree. this forum is dead.
I hardly ever come here anymore, it's worthless now if you're actually feeling lonely. Which sucks because this site was supposedly here to help with that. Now it's more the opposite, really. The chatroom did kill this forum.

Unless you like chatrooms, of course. Nothing against personal choice. In my oppionion, they don't help much for loneliness, or at least not a minute longer than you're actually on it. The chat room here is nice enough if you're into it. So if that's why you're here that's fine. But personally, chat rooms are all about meaningless chatter, the type that leaves you with the feeling that you've wasted every moment you put into it on worthless babbling. At least the forums occasionally touched on the roots of loneliness and attempted at more than a short term fix. But if that's what you're all in to, whatever. Have fun with that.

Well actually I thought this place had picked up a bit to be honest with you.

The reason we have a chat room is cos some ppl asked for it. So we put it to the vote and most ppl wonted it so that's why we have it.

I do not use it cos I like to think about what I am going to put and I prefer the hole forum thing for that reason and cos I can use spell check be for posting.

I think the chat room serves a paupers in that if ppl wont to instant chat then they have that option with out adding any one to there Yahoo or MSN or what ever. So makes ppl feel moor comfortable. And to my understanding they has been some friendships made in the chat room so I would say its been a success.

This forum is like any other in that some days it well be busy and some days not so. I agree that the fact that not every one can use it including one of our moderators (Hijacc) this is something that where still trying to work on but where finding it difficult to fined one that everybody can use and is happy with. If any one has got any ideas on this then plies share.

Also am moving this to feed back.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I know I didn't ask for the chat room to be remove completely or anything. I guess you can't have two good things at once. So therefore we have to sacrifice forum for chat room or vice versa unless this was myspace.

BTW Bluey I can't get into chat but the new chat thing is really cool, probably the coolest chat room I seen, so good job nonetheless.

For the time being, I'll stick with my SAS chat room and find another site to post on until I can get into this chat room.

Nevertheless I completely 100% agree with Qui. Chat room seem somewhat off a waste of time, and it just random talk whereas forum mean so much more because it is focus oriented.

However since the people on here vote for the chat room then I submit lol.

And I'm sure you mod know what your doing so thanks for the reply and I hope we get more member to balance the chat and forum out. That was the solution I was referring to earlier.:rolleyes:

The forums are better for certain people. I joined the forums just before you Chris and about the same time as Qui, from what i understand a certain type of person really gets along well in the forums. I'm not that type of person, my posts felt ignored, its easy to get lost in the many replies you got during that time and there seemed to be a close circle of people who paid good attention to each other but i wasn't one of them, Just not my personality.

I was infavor of the chat idea when it was first brought up, and a lot of people said that because of pm's chat was irrelevant. Well When i tried the chat out for the first time a few weeks ago, I loved it, yeah theres some random banter but if you want attention you've got it. The second you enter, someone you how you are and from then on you've got all ears. Its like both an emergency room and a lounge. I'm a bit hurt at how the chat has been described as useless and random stuff, well so is the forum, it's up to the invidual how they'd like to use either, sure you can't share poetry as well as you can on the forum, but you can practice your french better in the chat :p. If people want to have fun they can, but if some comes in all bummed, we take care of that too.

Personally, I never felt part of the forum so i dont care for it, but recognize that there are those of us who would otherwise feel left out on the forums, feel comfortable in the chat. Also im not sure if the Mac problems are there with this new client we use, and I know Hijacc has been on since we used the Java chat.

Hey :) I think the chat is good for everyone who may be a little shy to post in the forums,so its just down to what you prefer really,but i dont think it will have a negative affect on the site,infact ive seen more new people.
personally i feel too self conscious posting my long problems on here and prefer to do it in a flowing conversation :) and it can help cheer you up quite quickly if thats what your looking for,instead of waiting a few hours for a reply to your post.

Ekstra said:
The forums are better for certain people. I joined the forums just before you Chris and about the same time as Qui, from what i understand a certain type of person really gets along well in the forums. I'm not that type of person, my posts felt ignored, its easy to get lost in the many replies you got during that time and there seemed to be a close circle of people who paid good attention to each other but i wasn't one of them, Just not my personality.

I was infavor of the chat idea when it was first brought up, and a lot of people said that because of pm's chat was irrelevant. Well When i tried the chat out for the first time a few weeks ago, I loved it, yeah theres some random banter but if you want attention you've got it. The second you enter, someone you how you are and from then on you've got all ears. Its like both an emergency room and a lounge. I'm a bit hurt at how the chat has been described as useless and random stuff, well so is the forum, it's up to the invidual how they'd like to use either, sure you can't share poetry as well as you can on the forum, but you can practice your french better in the chat :p. If people want to have fun they can, but if some comes in all bummed, we take care of that too.

Personally, I never felt part of the forum so i dont care for it, but recognize that there are those of us who would otherwise feel left out on the forums, feel comfortable in the chat. Also im not sure if the Mac problems are there with this new client we use, and I know Hijacc has been on since we used the Java chat.

To say that you prefer chat rooms rather then forums that was absolutely well said :) And I prefer the forum.

Latest posts

Back