Clubs (not the scary ones with bars)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frannie

Reaction score
I have had some luck meeting people with like interests. I am in a book club that meets once a month and a knitting club. I haven't made any real friends at either place yet, but they are people I can relate to. They are also geeks like me, which helps a lot. :D

Anyone else had similar experiences?

I've wanted to be in clubs before or join something like a sport or judo or karate but... I just can't seem to get up the nerve to, I guess I don't desire it strong enough. I would join if I already had a friend in the club. I'm just not good at making strong friendships really fast. So I'd feel weird being there kinda alone in a room of people and choosing to be there. lol but it sounds fun

There's an environmental group here which I want to check out.

Why are the clubs with bars scary? Every Friday night me and a buddy go to a club to have fun and hopefully get some tail. A lot of times, when I haven't done well with any girls that night, I feel like grabbing an ass or boob and then making a quick exit. I don't do it though, because I know that if the security nearby doesn't catch me, the one near the exit/entrance will.

It helps to go to a class or a group where you do stuff. I take a Zumba class that was really daunting at first. My trick is to be a little late (just a few minutes) to miss the crowd as they get ready. This means I have to rush in, change shoes and find a spot. It would be rude to rush in *and* talk to people. ;) By the time the class is over, I am more relaxed and can manage a little chitchat.

Bars scare me a little because they are loud and either too dark or strangely lit. Mostly I feel like a geeky outcast and want to leave right away....

Latest posts

Back