Coffee = regret

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revengineer

Reaction score
Drank too much coffee in the evening while studying. Got in bed, couldn't sleep and suddenly all the memories of a girl I used(?) to love started coming back.

It shouldn't be possible to care so much about someone you never really had.

Also I am seriously considering swearing off coffee for good.

I wouldn't blame the coffee as the sole reason you received these thoughts, ultimately I suppose it was the coffee since it kept you awake and your mind was racing, but it's not like your gonna start getting these thoughts every time you drink it (although now it may remind you of what you thought of the last time you drank it :S).

Just try not to have as much so in the evening.

The thoughts are there, they're always there until you somehow deal with them. The coffee didn't do anything, if you'd lay awake in bed without having had coffee the same would've happened. It's just that the coffee can keep you awake, as we all know. Don't blame the coffee.

I know coffee doesn't control my mind, I'm not THAT dense. It's just that staying awake in bed too long will do this to me.

I get what you're saying. You regretted drinking coffee cos it kept you up which in turn got you thinking of the girl. I'm sorry you never had her. It must take a lot to move on really.. hopefully you have?

Switch to decaff. as at least you should be able to get a good night's sleep then. There's nothing like a sleepless night for bringing back all of those painful memories of past relationships and other sad times which we have gone through.

That's why I never go to bed until I'm falling asleep; thoughts and feelings just wander to some places that do you no good...

ladyforsaken said:
I get what you're saying. You regretted drinking coffee cos it kept you up which in turn got you thinking of the girl. I'm sorry you never had her. It must take a lot to move on really.. hopefully you have?

95% over it. Hah... a lack of options in your daily life really does screw with your head sometimes.

Enjoying a nice cup of green tea tonight :cool:

Great! Yeah, when the lack of options in your daily life screw with your head, you gotta find time to unscrew them and just chill out. With your nice cup of green tea!

I've done this. I think coffee makes me randy, then I start thinking of "the one that got away"/"the one who took a dump on my heart"/"the one who let me go" then I get all sad and pathetic. Don't drink coffee after 6, and if you do, make it decaf. Or try hot chocolate.

ladyforsaken said:
Great! Yeah, when the lack of options in your daily life screw with your head, you gotta find time to unscrew them and just chill out. With your nice cup of green tea!

Funny. I read this in my head with a t.v. commercial advertisement voice, lol

I have a similar problem where right before bed, I end up thinking of my past, my emotionally abusive ex that I still have trouble getting and staying over, and all sorts of regrets, failures, and wasted time, which ends up keeping me up and messes up my entire tomorrow.

RonYells said:
ladyforsaken said:

Funny. I read this in my head with a t.v. commercial advertisement voice, lol

Haha! Now that you mention it.. it can be read that way. To promote some green tea. :D

Latest posts

Back