Confession

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

... many years ago... right after my father left us for good. I decided to skip my first senior day of school. I had no one to skip with so I didnt really go anywhere... just to the mall where i walked aorund in circles for half the day and played at the arcade. I hung out att he local videogame store... cuz thats what losers do anyways. So I did it too. I skipped a few more days and this time i stole my mothers creditcard.... and just did stupid things like eat and drink crap while I hung out with noone. It had been about 3 weeks into my skipping spree and it didnt see any sign of stopping. Eventually I stole about $700 from my mom and it didnt go unnoticed. It may not be a huge number for you.. but for us things were and still are tight. $700 is a lot of money,Especially when i spent almost all of  it on crappy videogames so selfishfully. This went on for most of the school year, it wasnt untill right after summer that my mom found out that I Wasnt going to school at all and at the same time that I was stealing her money to throw away during one of the hardest time of our lives..... I gotta live with that.

I love my mom .. and she loves me... and like me she has nobody. So we share our loneliness. It makes things easier and harder at the same time. When it rains it pours and our misery sometimes compounds and does us no good... yes the only thing that makes it barable is eachother. She is ill.. she is old.... but she is not a broken woman. Her spirit is such that anyone else sitting next to her feels broken in comparison, even myself. You have to be thankfull for what you have.... and so I am. I gotta live with that too.

For the people that really have nothing...
We are all searching together. Even if we are miles apart. this place is proof of that. You can make somehting out of nothing.

Hi Guest,

welcome and why not register so we can get to know you? First of all, I would suggest forgiving yourself. It's wrong to steal from your ma and yes, to me $700 is a LOT of money.

I would suggest you think of a way to pay her back such as getting a part time after school job, selling junk on Ebay, what have you. Or just help her a lot around the house to make it up to her.

Wow.. Such compelling words from someone so young.. I'm glad that you have seen the errors of your ways and that you can still appreciate what you have - as little as it might seem. I have made many mistakes throughout my life. Oh crap.. I could write a book about all the crap I've been through. But.. I have my mourning period and then move on... Hoping to have learned from my mistakes.

As a Mom, I hurt when my children hurts. I feel sad that I cannot protect my children from pain they may experience. Your Mom may feel as though she is a failure. But she loves you and will always be there to guide you. Every problem has a life span and better days will eventually come. Lonelygirl has a great suggestion about the part time job. You are now the man of the house. A job will help your self esteem. If money is a problem - a part time job can at least solve that problem.. at least a little bit.

Latest posts

Back