Coping with Death

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labelsorlove3

Reaction score
Hi all,

My mom recently passed away. I've been trying to cope with her passing and I'm having a difficult time, I just feel so alone all the time. When she was sick she put a lot of responsibility on me being that I'm the least emotional (I don't cry much, more logical, etc) and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind with all of the expectations everyone has for me.

I have so many people around asking me how I'm doing but I'm so sick of having to lie and say I'm fine so the conversation ends, or that as much as I miss and love my mom, I resent my life so much now.

I have nowhere to turn, I haven't been on here in a while but I have utilized the site in the past and I'm hoping I can get some helpful suggestions on here.

Sorry for your loss

Your not alone
My dad died over 20 years ago ..i still find it tough sometimes

Its not a sign of weakness to share with others that your struggling with your Moms death
Chances are they can see or tell how your feeling
Unfortunatly we dont talk openly about death ..it makes us uncomfortable

Try thinking about some of the good times ...good things about you Mom when your feeling low

BadGuy said:
Sorry for your loss

Your not alone
My dad died over 20 years ago ..i still find it tough sometimes

Its not a sign of weakness to share with others that your struggling with your Moms death
Chances are they can see or tell how your feeling
Unfortunatly we dont talk openly about death ..it makes us uncomfortable

Try thinking about some of the good times ...good things about you Mom when your feeling low

Yeah. I know they would understand. I'm just sick of feeling like when other people tell me their problems they don't seem nearly as horrible as mine. Before this happened id always feel stupid complaining about something in my life that really wasn't a big deal, and now that this happened when my friends or coworkers complain about a cranky child or relationship problem i automatically want to default to yeah well my mom just died. I don't say it out loud but I feel like it's ruining all of my friendships and that's why I feel so lonely everyday. I'm just on a level that most of my friends have not had to deal with yet, thankfully.

Your right loss of a parent is hard to explain to someone that hasnt had to deal with

It not complaining ... you will find everyo e deals with in their own way
Not so long ago i spent the day listening to music and crying thinking about my dad
Feel silly about it now but its what i needed that day

I am glad your reaching out here
I know there are others that have gone threw similiar issues

Some people avoid your problem by not talking about it changing the topic ...they think thats a way to lighten the mood
Not saying it right ..but it happens

My dad died last December. I understand. If you ever need someone to talk with, to lend an ear, offer some understanding - I'm here anytime. :) Just message me.

I know its hard for you and i dont kow if will help you but be powerful ,everytime its hard when someone precious leave from your life .Just pe patient and i think the time will heal your wound

Latest posts

Back