could use some words of encouragement

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk9007

Reaction score
went to her place tonight, to make sure everything between us is still ok after that little blow out that happened. we both agreed to pretend that blow out didnt happen, and just go on. the same thing happend last time she blew up on me, i went back to her place later that night to make sure everything is ok. only this time when i went to kiss her, she dodged me. so before i left i asked why, she said that if i did kiss her more than likely would have led to more. that wasnt MY plan, i just wanted to make sure that everything is going to be ok. she said not to take it to heart, still i cant help but hurt a little. i probily wont even get out of my bed today, might get up once to read the posts, and thats all. gonna be a hard week,probily going to be miserable untill i see her again and see if what she said was true. i just have to belive in her, have faith in her and trust her.

Girls can be confusing man. Show that your a happy guy, Get up and do something. Next time you speak to her do it with a smile on your face. Show that things don't get you down and your the kinder guy that is laid back. Tell her that you well accept her for how she is and you like her. Be happy to see her. Try and not come across as to sad for the way she has been but at the same time try and come across that she well make you moor happy in your all ready happy life :) Get what I mean. Don't let it get you so you stay in bed all day. this well not help you feel any better. Be positive even when negative things happen and you well prove by no Shadow of a doubt that you are a strong and independent guy that is worth having as a boyfriend and even a friend. Be the one to make things positive in a carm and relaxed maner.

((((((((((((((Hawk))))))))))))))) here is a hug to get you through the day :) I have learned that when someone gets mad, best thing is to leave them alone. People need space. I would have dropped her off and waited for her to call. I would not have gone back to see how she is doing. Don't let this ladies blow up and reaction ruin the rest of your week. And don't in anyway beat yourself up, your a good guy.

We are here for you whenever you need us! If you have to stay in bed at least get a good comedy to watch. You need to laugh. It will make you feel better and get your mind off of things.

Been there my friend. The best thing that you can do is give her a little bit of space. She will come around.

There was this one time with my last girlfriend...she got very pissed at me (over something that wasn't my fault mind you!!!! but that is another story). She stopped talking to me. I gave her space I allowed her to be mad. I did not argue with her. A day or 2 later I bought a rose for her and wrote her a little note saying 'I just want to let you know I love you, and how much you truly mean to me' and left it on her car's window. We made up a day later.

I don't know if that would work with her, but I think you get the idea. Give her space, but also remind her how much you do care about her, and how she is always in your thoughts. We all get sad, angry, depressed, etc...from time to time. It will pass and she will be back in your arms again. But hawk, my friend, until it happens it sucks!!! Your stomach is churning, your mind is racing, and all you want is just a kind word from her again. This, my firend, is exactly why relationships are stressful!

By the way take any advice from me with a grain of salt. I have ultimately failed miserably at any relationship I have been in.

Grundel gives good advice. Call her or something and let her know that you still love her and such. Everything should be fine, and she should come around. She just needs some space now.

hawk9007 said:
i probily wont even get out of my bed today, might get up once to read the posts, and thats all. gonna be a hard week,probily going to be miserable.

- And that is exactly why You should keep away from love relationships. They can be funny/good most of the times? Sure thing. But someday, there can may go months, or even years, but one day, your partner will be the fault that you visit hell, and is unable to do anything at all, than just be in your bed. And think of all the good things you could have done meanwhile.

But yeah, watch some movies while being there, if you can get yourself to do it. You will instead (maybe) focus on them than your worries.

Dont let her hard-to-get acting mess with your mind. But, unfortently that is hard to aviod. If not - impossible at times.

Robin said:
What actually happened during those "blow outs" ?

eh, well she told me that its was closer to her time of the month, and that combined with her already short fuse, got her mad at me this time because i offered to buy her batteries.

hawk9007 said:
eh, well she told me that its was closer to her time of the month, and that combined with her already short fuse, got her mad at me this time because i offered to buy her batteries.

Oh.... uh, well... i guess You've learned a lesson now huh? Not that i'm an expert at it, but i've lived with a woman who were quite affected by her period too for three and a half years. Jokes, or anything that could be misunderstood as a joke, was very unpopular during that time of the month. When someone goes extra angry/sad, You've got to treat them extra gently. Not the other way around. ;)

hawk9007 said:
Robin said:

Hawk, I think she owes you an apology. I don't care what time of the month it is, it doesn't give a woman a license to act like an a$$ when a man is trying to do something nice for her.

If you had actually done something, maybe that would be different.
I wouldn't be calling her to check on her or say nice things to her. I sure wouldn't have gone back to check on her and offer her a kiss? I would have told her what she could kiss and it wouldn't have been my lips!
I would be damned if she would be getting a rose (sorry, Grundel).
If you do nice things for her, you are showing her it's ok to act like that. You are rewarding her bad behavior for being disrespectful to you. It's not ok to be that way. Your not the enemy, your her boyfriend. You deserve respect. ALL of you deserve respect. It's ok to have personal boundaries. And it doesn't mean you love someone less because you refuse to be treated like crap. Sorry, Hawk, if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

Naleena said:
hawk9007 said:
Robin said:

Hawk, I think she owes you an apology. I don't care what time of the month it is, it doesn't give a woman a license to act like an a$$ when a man is trying to do something nice for her.

If you had actually done something, maybe that would be different.
I wouldn't be calling her to check on her or say nice things to her. I sure wouldn't have gone back to check on her and offer her a kiss? I would have told her what she could kiss and it wouldn't have been my lips!
I would be damned if she would be getting a rose (sorry, Grundel).
If you do nice things for her, you are showing her it's ok to act like that. You are rewarding her bad behavior for being disrespectful to you. It's not ok to be that way. Your not the enemy, your her boyfriend. You deserve respect. ALL of you deserve respect. It's ok to have personal boundaries. And it doesn't mean you love someone less because you refuse to be treated like crap. Sorry, Hawk, if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

do you actualy think i stood thare and took this bullshit. i may not seem like a very angry person, but if you do piss me off, ill be damned if im going to take that honeysuckle.hell my own mother dosnt yell at me because ill fight back. i yelled back at her. although it probily didnt do much. i dont sit back and take honeysuckle, not my style, i fight back. besides, we both agreed that things got out of hand we apologized, and decided it best to just pretend the entire thing never happend. now im just hopeing she'll come over sometime this week. its not over between us or anything. so im still happy.kindof,i just hope that then next time i see her things will go back to normal.

Hawk,
I must have misunderstood...lol Sorry about that. My bad.
Please forgive the misunderstanding and I hope things turn out the way you want them too.

(((((((((((((((((Hawk)))))))))))))))))))))))))

**note to self: Don't assume anything**

Latest posts

Back