Couldn't think of a better place to say this

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiddenHydey

Reaction score
UK, somewhere in the south west peninsula
I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm probably going to spend a fair amount of time drifting around here.

I'm a high schooler who about 2 (going on 3) years ago lost all his friends, and I guess partly it's my fault. About a year or so ago I developed some sort of social anxiety (translation: I needed a posh way to say I became a coward with the hope of generating sympathy) and I now can't go outside of the house without a uniform and distinct purpose. It's not that I just don't want to, I tried it a few months ago(had to get new glasses at the weekend) and I was almost hyperventilating, incredibly nervous (hands were shaking) and breaking out in sweats (and I'm not someone who usually sweats a lot).

When I was a little kid I was really out going and bold, hell I was even kinda popular. I was honest too, now I have a big problem about lying, I find it really hard to tell anyone anything true about myself face to face.

Anyways I didn't really want to give a lifestory, and I guess you didn't particularly want to read one.

Summary: Hey there, I'm socially inept. What's up with the rest of yous?

HAY! HiddenHydey I think I may have already said welcome somewhere else to you. But any way. That dose seem to be a bit out of character for Chris so ye, maybe he was just on a bad day. Am sher it was not directed at you pacifically.

But you seem to know that all ready :) btw You come accrous as an intelligent and very nice and caring person.

Hi Hydey!

Do you really wear a uniform? That makes a lot of sense and it's very interesting. I guess sometimes people in uniforms sort of blend into the crowd.

It's interesting how we judge people so quickly based on appearances!

Welcome, welcome. Perhaps you might want to consider counseling for the agoraphobia (fear of leaving the house or other safe place) and even some anti-anxiety herbal teas, or if you have insurance, medication? There are also natural remedies as well. Bach's Rescue Remedy has some wonderful pastilles (small gummy like and you suck on it when you are stressed out. It tastes a bit like oranges and it's a natural remedy!)

lonelygirl said:
There are also natural remedies as well. Bach's Rescue Remedy has some wonderful pastilles (small gummy like and you suck on it when you are stressed out. It tastes a bit like oranges and it's a natural remedy!)

Do those really work?

lonelygirl said:
Welcome, welcome. Perhaps you might want to consider counseling for the agoraphobia (fear of leaving the house or other safe place)
Never considered myself an agoraphobic, but I guess it makes sense from an objective point of view. I alway think of it as someone who gets a panic attack every time they leave the house but that's not quite right.

lonelygirl said:
and even some anti-anxiety herbal teas, or if you have insurance, medication?

I might talk to my doctor, I live in the UK so I might be able to get beta-blockers or something on the NHS. Herbal tea sounds good as well, I've heard some people find they can relieve anxiety well (makes sense when you look at what's in some of them:D)

I can't believe I never thought of any of these, thanks Lonelygirl!

Latest posts

Back