craigslist

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maidendeth

Reaction score
has anyone tried using craigslist to make friends? i was browsing the strictly platonic section and was thinking about responding to some posts that have things in common with me. but then i thought about it, like even if you made a good friend, how weird would it be when someone asks how you met and you say 'oh i responded to their craigslist ad'? so, has anyone tried it?

Hey :) nowadays I do not think it matters how one meets friends, just be careful & cautious (which you may already know!)

ucxb said:
Hey :) nowadays I do not think it matters how one meets friends, just be careful & cautious (which you may already know!)

haha yes i know! :p ive seen the lifetime movies about craigslist. but yeah, i guess youre right. i was just hoping others wouldnt think it was sad that one looks for friends on craigslist

It is sad to me that others would feel sad about "where" we meet / make friends ... plenty of other stuff to worry about, you :p

I never experienced a friend-making process like that, but isn't that site about all of random stuff? Considering that, I wouldn't think its weird. Only if you´re a weirdo:) (Joking).
As there may be post of all kinds, people looking for the most unusual relationships or something, it may be for some occasions one of only few alternatives. Because of that, I would think its okay to use it as a medium to meet people that you would like to meet.

Hi,
I don't think there's anything wrong with meeting a friend online. Considering how much time many spend online nowadays, it's only natural that you can meet friends too online. I would use some of what I call street smarts when you first meet someone, though, and meet in a public place & don't reveal too much personal stuff right away.
If you try it, let us know how it goes!

-Teresa

I've tried making friends through Craigslist, and it didn't turn out well, but it wasn't horrible, either. I met one person who was ALMOST an okay fit. Just remember one thing about Craigslist- a lot of people don't know what "platonic" means. They think it means, "no strings attached".

nerdygirl said:
I've tried making friends through Craigslist, and it didn't turn out well, but it wasn't horrible, either. I met one person who was ALMOST an okay fit. Just remember one thing about Craigslist- a lot of people don't know what "platonic" means. They think it means, "no strings attached".

^This. I tried finding friends on there before too and it was pretty much all like this for me. I guess it also depends on if you're trying to make guy friends or girl friends.

Good Luck. You really never know and you could find some friends there. Just be careful. :)

of course i will play it safe :) oh yes i know! i actually had posted an ad for friends and stated was only looking for friends nothing more, but still got those unwanted messages. i deleted it soon after so thats why i figured id reply to posts that specifically stated friends only. so far its going ok, right now im emailing this girl back and forth, but i feel like im the one asking all the questions and it feels like the correspondence will end soon. its worth the try i guess.

maidendeth, I'd say go for it as there really is nothing wrong with the place of meeting someone to make friends. And good luck!

Maidendeth if you try again, you should try linking your craigslist ad to a temporary email address like guerrillamail. Not so great for sending, but it's amazing for receiving mail.

murmi97 said:
Maidendeth if you try again, you should try linking your craigslist ad to a temporary email address like guerrillamail. Not so great for sending, but it's amazing for receiving mail.

ok i will definitely check that out. ive used one called 10minutemail but of course you can only use it for ten minutes. you can refresh the time but if you forget then poof

Latest posts

Back