Crawled inside myself and died

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sothatwasmylife

Reaction score
Today I feel like I've crawled inside myself and died...I don't seem to have empathy for anything...I wonder if eventually loneliness makes you incapable of forming relationships because you become so entrapped in a bubble of isolation ...and turn to alchohol as a substitute for human warmth....is alchohol a reasonable alternative to ending it....at the moment I kind of think so, it's less immediately terminal.

Some people have deliberately made alcohol an alternative to a quick ending for themselves. A slow suicide. I suppose it would be easier to change one's mind than if one jumped or pulled a trigger......

Makes sense if the only way you can make life tolerable for yourself...it makes perfect sense and thanks for your post ....I thought it was likely to just instantly submerge into the cyber void....sometimes it helps just to be acknowledged

I got drunk yesterday and I felt better for a while. I wouldn't recommend overdoing it though as I've heard it can cause a very painful death. Try taking life a bit at a time. Sometimes I just take it an hour at a time. I think what shall I do to get through the next hour. Try to use your time constructively if you can. I find with my loneliness that it can't be cured by others. It's like a sense of being completely abandoned and isolated. It's unbearable at times. It's good you're posting on here though. You certainly aren't the only one going through this. Try to distract yourself if you can. Maybe focus on a hobby.

Thank's I can totally relate to what your saying....I often think I have done nothing to deserve this but then recognise that life makes no guarantees of being fair...at the moment I can sedate myself with alchohol and it makes life a little more bearable...but I know it isn't the best solution but feel other options are non existant...it's really difficult...I
simply don't know what else I can do

The bottle can be a pleasant companion, no doubt about it, I know. However, I quit getting drunk 12 years ago....the side effects like untidy accidents in the home, spills, falls and bladder control malfunctions to name a few, just weren't worth it anymore. But that's only me. I'm not passing any judgments on other peoples' choices.

And Sothatwasmylife, we're both old guys on this forum, I couldn't leave your post hanging about all alone.

Thank's I know the possible pitfalls...usually I am not a drinker...hopefully something will change and I can leave it behind me...right now it's a survival stratedgy

The bottle is only a distraction...eventually you wake up with a hangover and your problems are still there...

I am not judging you but i would not recommend drinking alcohol (personally, coz someone in my family was an alcoholic awhile ago & it killed my heart with a pain all the stuff he did being a drunk..) .. there are other ways through life..

Seeker_2.0 said:
The bottle is only a distraction...eventually you wake up with a hangover and your problems are still there...

Mhmm.. and the cycle starts all over again as you reach for the bottle.... and then you get nowhere in life.

If alcohol were the real problem solver I would have drowned myself in it till all my problems were gone but sadly it's not the case no matter how much take it it only prolongs the sense of freedom but in the end when you wake up the problems will be still there eying at you in full glory so no, I won't suggest taking alcohol as way out of problems.

PenDragon said:
If alcohol were the real problem solver I would have drowned myself in it till all my problems were gone but sadly it's not the case no matter how much take it it only prolongs the sense of freedom but in the end when you wake up the problems will be still there eying at you in full glory so no, I won't suggest taking alcohol as way out of problems.
Well said PenDragon!

Don't die don't lose what you are what you live for to the pain. Don't let pain consume you, we all matter, don't let others tell you otherwise.

Latest posts

Back