Crushes all the time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evanescencefan91 said:
But ya i know what you mean, i saw this one really cute guy at the bookstore today, i mean what would i do just go up to him and start talking to me. -Guy "why the hell is this random chick talking to me? back away slowly"

I don't know why it is, maybe we're just so longingly for a comapinion of anykind, someone who will notice us.

Actually, personally, if a girl just walked up to me and started talking to me, I'd love it! Do you have any idea the mountains I'd climb to make something like that happen?

And yeah, as a guy, it gets real boring after awhile, when you realize you always have to start the conversation, you always have to have the initiative, etc. It's almost like she's just there not doing anything. Do something! We find that very arousing!

Panda said:
I find myself falling for guys I've hardly met, I get crushes on guys minutes after meeting them, day dreaming on what it would be like. I've had a crush on every guy in my class in college including the lecturer. I even get silly crushes on guys in films, bands and books (currently korean filmstar lee junki and fictional character Edward cullen :D).

A couple I've had have been almost painful, I was almost certain I loved my lecturer in college. All he did was talk to me, and I'd never actually go past my limit as his student but, I felt really depressed because of it because I knew I couldn't be with him. I know now that it wasn't love, but i keep torturing myself over these things.

Am I just really lonely? More than anything I want someone, a boyfriend, someone to wake up to, someone to talk on the phone with or go anywhere with just for the sake of it, someone I can just share everything with and be best friends with. I hate being alone and single, I can't stand my own company anymore.

granted lonlyness sucks,and id give anything to fill the void that the years have left in my heart, but depending on the way you look at it lonelyness isnt all that bad, when your alone, thares no hurt except the feeling of being alone, when thares others around you, you feel happy, love, and many other feelings, but all those positive feelings can turn negtive incredibly quick. and then what? your alone again, but now insted of one negitive emotion, thare a many.

Freakin_Amazin said:
evanescencefan91 said:
But ya i know what you mean, i saw this one really cute guy at the bookstore today, i mean what would i do just go up to him and start talking to me. -Guy "why the hell is this random chick talking to me? back away slowly"

I don't know why it is, maybe we're just so longingly for a comapinion of anykind, someone who will notice us.

Actually, personally, if a girl just walked up to me and started talking to me, I'd love it! Do you have any idea the mountains I'd climb to make something like that happen?

And yeah, as a guy, it gets real boring after awhile, when you realize you always have to start the conversation, you always have to have the initiative, etc. It's almost like she's just there not doing anything. Do something! We find that very arousing!

I've never really thought about it, but the idea of having a girl observing you, dying to talk to you, who thinks you're super cute, but is too shy to talk to you, is pretty mindblowing. I've always been that person, but to think that someone could feel that way about yourself....Wow! Just... wow!

Of course, I could never imagine anything like that would ever happend. I mean, I don't have the courage to approach girls like that, so I can't really expect that any girl to do that for me. Would still be awesome though! ^^

Shy girls are pretty hot. But a girl that takes the initiative...that's even hotter. (And I'm saying this because the last relationship I had with a shy girl didn't work out for exactly that reason...no initiative.)

In the end, though, it comes down to style for me. A girl can be shy or forward, whatever. What really matters is how she pulls it off. (Haha and yeah, I thought about skipping the double entendre; but my wicked self decided to stick with it. ;) )

Panda said:
I hate being alone and single, I can't stand my own company anymore.

Join the club. Your membership card will arrive shortly.

I thought I was over the crush phase until I stupidly fell for a girl that worked across the hall from me. I ended up getting to know her pretty well. At one point she even asked me to design a tattoo for her...definitely the most beautiful canvas I've ever had any artwork on.

Then she found another job and moved away...The End. :(

aw, that sucks just lost, that would really hurt, if I had been in a situation like that

*hugs justlost*

yay, i'm not alone!

@justlost: wow, that's awful. that must have been really terrible :(

@freakin_amazin:

i totally agree with this. i'd probably just worry that i'd be boring the girl or something, but i wouldn't mind the girl starting a conversation with me.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

@ zraskolnikov

Thank you, zraskolnikov =]. I absolutely hate being so shy, so any confidence gained during uni would be a huge thing for me. I think you're right though, if i could pull it off then it can only do more good than harm and in the long run it's about me trying to get myself out there instead of being a shy loner all my life.

@ Freakin_Amazin

That's a good point! I don't think I do know what I want in a man, to be honest. I think experience probably plays a big part in knowing what you want (something i lack haha), any type I start off with quickly changes with the next guy I meet and who i suddenly decide is "the one", then it changes all over again. Any preferences I have prior to meeting someone usually change very quickly with me, I guess out of all the things I want, company is the biggest part

@Qui

Hey Qui =] I sometimes wish I was a bit more like that, I'm not sure which side is worse but atleast then maybe I won't keep giving myself false hope only to be brought back to reality and get hurt all over again.

@ evanescencefan91

I'm like that, I hesitate to actually talk to a guy i like because i'm almost certain it'll end with me looking like a prat and him wondering who the hell i am haha. I suppose if I was more carefree, I'd just shrug it off and move on but with me, I'd think over it for weeks and weeks, even something tiny like someone looking at me weird.

@hawk9007

That's true! =] but then I'm always left thinking about what it could be like, i guess even the experience would be enough for me, even if i turned bad and I got hurt again, I get hurt regardless when I'm falling for people i know i'll never have anything with. x

@Justlost, That's awful I'm sorry! I think to get that close and then to lose them would be terrible. x

@skapunk23, I'm like that too. I've missed out on chances because I've got no confidence to show interest in anyone, with me it ends with just liking them from a distance and that's it. I always regret it though.

soph x

evanescencefan91 said:
aw, that sucks just lost, that would really hurt, if I had been in a situation like that

*hugs justlost*

Thank you...It was a real disappointment when she left. She was a sweet girl.

JustLost said:
Panda said:
I hate being alone and single, I can't stand my own company anymore.

Join the club. Your membership card will arrive shortly.

I thought I was over the crush phase until I stupidly fell for a girl that worked across the hall from me. I ended up getting to know her pretty well. At one point she even asked me to design a tattoo for her...definitely the most beautiful canvas I've ever had any artwork on.

Then she found another job and moved away...The End. :(

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that man. I had a great friend at work a couple of years ago. She was just great, and she was the only one that I could actually talk about deeper feelings with. We even started to spend some time outside work together. Then she got another job and moved to her boyfriend on the other side of town. Haven't seen her since. Sucks so hard, I know how you feel =(

Uhh, quite a coincidence. Just got a message from her today. Haven't spoken to her in a loooong time. She wrote that she had heard earlier this year, that I had been looking for a new job, which is kinda true. I was talking to my fellow workers around that time about different job possibilities, but I wasn't really looking for anything new. So anyway, she said that there was a job available at her work that would suit me, and that she would mail over some information.

I don't really know what to think of this. I feel fine with my current job, but it's not like I want to work there forever. Been working there for 4 years now, and I'm starting to feel so old there. All of my co-workers comes and go, but I've remained. I don't even know where she work. I think it's some kind of record company. This really gave me something to think about

Job or not, I just think the offer is very kind of her. The thought that she hasn't forgotten about me fills me with joy inside!

I can't say I like absolutely every guy I meet, in fact, I'm quite picky. Well, I mean, I like some of them in a general manner, like, yeah, this is a very nice, cool, interesting person but not as a potential partner. But here I actually fell for one pretty much for the first time just about two weeks ago. Can't get him out of my head (you know, like wanting constantly to see him again), this really sucks. And there it starts, sweaty hands (hate that), acting in a pretendingly offhand manner, as in god forbid he'd notice I like him, I wouldn't be able to look him (or anyone else around) in the eye anymore. Just how are you supposed to ever find a boyfriend when you're like that? Because it's bound to happen every time, I don't think my reaction is going to change much. I even gathered some info about him on the net (it is possible, sometimes if a person has signed some online petition or for some online group in their real name), pretty much qualifies as a rather bad form of crush eh?

I can't even tell anyone about it - shyness again as people are not used, to put it mildly, to the concept of me being in love.

I had a crush on this one girl back when I was in 8th grade, I didnt see much of her the first year of our high school days but the next one we were part of a group of friends, I tried to talk to her normally but she was really....Ice queen-ish? lol. Then just recently we have been hanging out a lot (summer ftw) and decided to pull a joke on a mutual friend of ours by saying we had sex and were bf/gf (something most of our friends would be hard pressed to believe) after a few days of joking around with her, one day we ..well, got intimate. I asked her out for real the next day (last week) and we have been hanging out almost everyday, her parents think I am 'just a friend' which helps since I have spent the night twice so far....just to play rockband...lol

It is quite strange to see someone who for years was cold and sarcastic as a calm, friendly person. She used to be distant and easy to anger but around me she is all smiles and cuddly... I have never really known crushes to ever become something better but this is going well so far and I cant wait to see where it takes us ^^

Fulgrim said:
Then just recently we have been hanging out a lot (summer ftw) and decided to pull a joke on a mutual friend of ours by saying we had sex and were bf/gf (something most of our friends would be hard pressed to believe)

I heard that from said mutual friend. We all just figured you said that because you where jealous and wondered why you'd waste your breath to lie about instead of just doing it. But it's cool that you guys are together for realsies.

I'm with you, Panda... It seems like I fall for anyone who smiles at me... Or even looks at me without that "what the?" sort of look on their face...

I get crushes all the time as well, but I never pursue them beyond my thoughts because when I actually get in contact with the person, I realise that I am not attracted to them, or am in fact repulsed in some ways. I don't want a relationship that much, but if I did it would need to fit into my lifestyle in a very particular way (which doesn't work for 99% of people).

It's really irritating (for me and the other person, I'm sure) because I come off as fickle, rude, inconsistent, etc. One day I'll be putting the lovelight on, and the next, I will avoid them like nothing else. It's not that I do this on purpose at all... I think I have a habit of idealising people and disconnecting when I find out they are not very ideal.

Panda said:
I find myself falling for guys I've hardly met, I get crushes on guys minutes after meeting them, day dreaming on what it would be like. I've had a crush on every guy in my class in college including the lecturer. I even get silly crushes on guys in films, bands and books (currently korean filmstar lee junki and fictional character Edward cullen :D).

A couple I've had have been almost painful, I was almost certain I loved my lecturer in college. All he did was talk to me, and I'd never actually go past my limit as his student but, I felt really depressed because of it because I knew I couldn't be with him. I know now that it wasn't love, but i keep torturing myself over these things.

Am I just really lonely? More than anything I want someone, a boyfriend, someone to wake up to, someone to talk on the phone with or go anywhere with just for the sake of it, someone I can just share everything with and be best friends with. I hate being alone and single, I can't stand my own company anymore.
panda i think the same way. i was so worried anout finding another girl after i got dumped i wasnt even looking for a job or doing anything else. thats got to be my biggest fear, dying alone.
this sounds so crazy but i want to tell it. when i was really depressed right after the break up i would call out her name crying myself to sleep because i was so depressed. im so lonely sometimes but im better than i was
and ill crush on every girl i see. im a wreck trying to flirt with anyone, and ive lost all self confidence.
i guess we just have to let fate drop that special someone in our laps and if its meant to be it will work.
have faith in love

Panda hasn't posted here in a while I think. Maybe she's hooked up with one of her millions of crushes:D

Latest posts

Back