Crushing online

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually, yeah. but if i am sure nothing will come out of this "crush" then i probably wont get serious about it. however, if you do get serious about it, you must have A LOT of patience or it will not work. the upside with long distance relationships is that you get considerably more time to know the person because there isn't any physical aspect of it.

Happened to me once, but I was way too young at the time and still living with parents so it crashed and burned pretty easily. Though I think it can work if the people involved are willing to do it.

Badjedidude said:
Callie said:
Is it really any different in real life?

Yes.

Often the decision(s) is/are easier in real life, because there's not distance involved, generally speaking. If you meet Sally Mrs. Hotpants in the store and develop a crush for her, you're generally more able to pursue a relationship; physically, emotionally, romantically, etc. Online you miss the physical aspect (and I don't just mean sex... being able to look into each other's eyes in person, smell, etc). And it's sometimes harder to reach each other when distance is involved.

So there's usually a confusion as to whether or not to pursue an online relationship... there's not enough information or experience with each other to give a good basis for a judgment call on if the relationship would last or not. I mean... you can LIKE or even LOVE someone as much as you want, but if there's no solidity to a possible relationship... then you're just setting yourself up for future pain.

Life isn't a romance movie where everything magically works out for the hero who fights against all hope. If you think a relationship may not work, then chances are it won't; if only just because you've already decided so in your heart.

*shrug*

Anyway, that's a jumbled way of saying YES there's a difference. lol

The distance is the only difference. Everything else can still happen irl. People hide things, people lie, people betray you. I am probably more honest about myself online than I am in person, because I'm afraid of SEEING how the person would look at me if I told them everything I've said online.

I dunno, maybe I'm just bitter as hell right now, but....

^^^That may just be a difference between us and our personalities, then. :p

Because I'd MUCH rather be with people in person, so I can see their reactions and everything in person... no matter HOW bad.

*shrug* I dunno.

my insecurities prevent me from wanting that. I've seen way too many disgusted "holy fresia you're a freak" looks on faces to want that anymore.

AWWWWWWWWW :S

*HUG*

Well I wouldn't look at you that way, I promise! :p For once, YOU would be looking at ME that way! ;) haha

Oh yes. I don't think online is any different than being in person. I mean, if you had a job or go to school and start liking someone there, it doesn't make it any better. You still have to deal with the should I's and the what if's. Maybe it's a little bit easier because you have a better chance of seeing them in person.

Badjedidude said:
AWWWWWWWWW :S

*HUG*

Well I wouldn't look at you that way, I promise! :p For once, YOU would be looking at ME that way! ;) haha

Very unlikely.

Badjedidude said:

We are not all as accepting of tentacle monsters as we ought to be.

^^^^Hahaha *hugs* YESSSSS!!!

People are so abusive sometimes. :(

...and not when I ask them to be! :(

i agree with nerdygirl

so i will repeat what she said... physical distance is A LOT easier to over come than emotional distance. My first two relationships.. were in real life. My current relationship started online.. he was in Europe and I was in the Caribbean. So a looooong distance.

This relationship (even with everything added up), has been sooooooooooooooooo much easier than the other two. I mean very, very, very much easier.

We connect emotionally, and all it took at the end of the day was planes to get us to see each other in person. When you can't connect with someone emotionally... there is no simple invention of man that can help you.

Since I frequent chatboxes and forums alot, I often observe online relationships. I've seen how it can warp an otherwise rational being. But..... perhaps I'm wrong about this. I mean, considering that I pretty much live as an entity on the net, perhaps romance from behind a computer screen is as close as I'm gonna get.

^ You're a Blazblue fan so you at least have cool/good-taste going for you. :p

0CI355A said:
Aw. I know right. You know nevermind the distance, but people's expressions kill me inside. I don't know whether they're serious or sarcastic. Too much work.

I know just how you feel on the don't know if they're serious part. v_V
I've got a massive crush for a girl on another forum at the moment. Before I came across her I thought net romance seemed pointless, I wish I had stuck to my guns on that one a lot of the time. Mostly they just seem to cause pain.

Rosalyn said:
^ You're a Blazblue fan so you at least have cool/good-taste going for you. :p

0CI355A said:
Aw. I know right. You know nevermind the distance, but people's expressions kill me inside. I don't know whether they're serious or sarcastic. Too much work.

I know just how you feel on the don't know if they're serious part. v_V
I've got a massive crush for a girl on another forum at the moment. Before I came across her I thought net romance seemed pointless, I wish I had stuck to my guns on that one a lot of the time. Mostly they just seem to cause pain.

Yeah but he didn't choose V. 13 as his character of choice, so he loses points for that. hmm.

Nooo, less points for no Tao, or Makoto, hehe. <3 But still, a whole lotta points just for being a fan. ****, I need to start playing that game again! I was never any good at it, but I still love it to bits.

His signature is cool too, so more points still there.

Latest posts

Back