Dating sites.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howdidifindmyselfhere?

Reaction score
Is it just me or some dating sites just pure evil. I went looking at some today just out of interest, signed up without a profile picture but I was still suddenly hit with loads of messages within moments of sign up. Why? simple, they know that I am going to want to read them, they know that I am likely going to want to respond, but you of course can't do any of that until you hand over your credit card details. Just another one of those great business models that prays on the lonely I guess.

Yep! That's exactly right! Those messages are from the website to intise you to give them money. When you pay the messages will stop until it comes time to pay again.

I'll save you the trouble, messages will say in terrible spelling and grammar (wayyy worse than mineee) that they love you, always have, and want to meet you as long as you buy some special ID, it's only cheap shouldn't hurt, and if you're real why won't you?...

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind paying for the service that a dating site has to offer, but don't go telling me that I have loads of messages within minutes of me creating an account, (without a profile picture or anything really about me within my profile) and expect me to pay just to read them. As said, that's just an evil trap and isn't fooling me.

It's a great way to make money thought and the costs are insignificant. Thinking of opening one myself.

It's a great way to make money thought and the costs are insignificant. Thinking of opening one myself.
Lol. With the bits of coding that I have taught myself over the years, (as a hobby not a job), and the server space that I have access to, I could probably do the same if I was that way inclined but that would just make me as bad as them, making money out of someone elses misery, i am not going to lower myself to that level.

Is it just me or some dating sites just pure evil. I went looking at some today just out of interest, signed up without a profile picture but I was still suddenly hit with loads of messages within moments of sign up. Why? simple, they know that I am going to want to read them, they know that I am likely going to want to respond, but you of course can't do any of that until you hand over your credit card details. Just another one of those great business models that prays on the lonely I guess.
Dating sites/apps are just like any other business: they want to make money and will do it in ways that are proven to work, no matter how controversial.. and some doing it more so than others.

To be honest with you,I think all the dating sites are a joke,all they want is your money,and you have to be very careful with those sites,their is a lot of fake people on there.

I'm not going to date my laptop anymore than I'm going to date my phone. 🤷‍♂️
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for online friendships, that's different.
But I mean, if my phone and I go on a dinner date, and my phone orders the soup special, I should probably make sure I've got significant insurance coverage. 😶

I don't trust them, I found a 'guy's thought we would be great together we were friends and went out for dinner and sexually assaulted me. Honestly will never use tinder again!

It's more the sites themselves on this occasion that I have issues with, rather than the people on them.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience using them. I guess that it's like most things, a bad person will always take something and use it for bad. Take this forum and the trolls that pop up from time to time. They take a good thing and use it for bad, doesn't mean that everyone on here though is like that. You really do have to be careful with anyone that you meet online.

As I said, I signed up, (non paying of course), and within seconds I an emails suggesting that people were viewing my profile, (which had nothing on it, not even a picture) and that I had messages to view (which naturally you had to hand over money to do). I would bet you didn't message this guy without him having a picture or a bit about him on his profile?

These sites pray on the lonely, handing you that little bit of hope that someone is interested in you when all they want is you to hand over your money.

It's more the sites themselves on this occasion that I have issues with, rather than the people on them.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience using them. I guess that it's like most things, a bad person will always take something and use it for bad. Take this forum and the trolls that pop up from time to time. They take a good thing and use it for bad, doesn't mean that everyone on here though is like that. You really do have to be careful with anyone that you meet online.

As I said, I signed up, (non paying of course), and within seconds I an emails suggesting that people were viewing my profile, (which had nothing on it, not even a picture) and that I had messages to view (which naturally you had to hand over money to do). I would bet you didn't message this guy without him having a picture or a bit about him on his profile?

These sites pray on the lonely, handing you that little bit of hope that someone is interested in you when all they want is you to hand over your money.
He had a picture, it did look like him! But of course he filtered it which I don't care about. But he acted WAY differently on call then in real life for sure!

I had people message me ( had to turn emails off ) but he was the only 'one' I thought I clicked with but of course nothing comes into my life wanting to be with me for me :(

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. I'm sure that there are people out there that want to be with you for you, and I can completetly understand why this maybe hard to accept and see at times.

Try not to put yourself down all the time, if people don't want to be with you for you, isn't that there problem? Why should you have to change just to be accepted by someone else?

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. I'm sure that there are people out there that want to be with you for you, and I can completetly understand why this maybe hard to accept and see at times.

Try not to put yourself down all the time, if people don't want to be with you for you, isn't that there problem? Why should you have to change just to be accepted by someone else?
I'm nit going to change anything on me or change how I am, because someone wants me to have bigger boobs etc they can fresia off. If you ain't happy with what I have to offer you can fresia off lol ( not aimed at you or anyone just in General*

I'm nit going to change anything on me or change how I am, because someone wants me to have bigger boobs etc they can fresia off. If you ain't happy with what I have to offer you can fresia off lol ( not aimed at you or anyone just in General*
Yeah I knew a guy like that. 🙄 I was like "this is the size u met me at; I'm not going to change that."

If one's gonna have surgery, they should get it because *they* want it, not because their SO wants it.

I agree with this. Never change to please another. Chances are it won't last because it is false. Better to stay you and be available to someone that accepts you as you. Honest and long lasting.

Latest posts

Back