Dating sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i tried the free ones. datehookup, mingle2, plentyoffish, etc. never met any of them. not my crowd. eventually it depressed me. doing searches of near 100 people, and having interest in maybe 3... and they didnt even bother to respond.

Yeah, I'm going to recommend okCupid as well. It's sort of the Facebook of dating sites: free, easy to use and popular.

I've had about half-a-dozen approaches, but mainly looking for a penpal, which was one of the reasons that I put down for being on the site. The two that weren't I had no idea what to do with, so I suggested we talk on MSN and then blocked them, being completely socially inept.

The entire idea behind dating sites seems to be great. Finding love while not having to go to bars or join a gym. I remember my ex-fiancee always laughed at internet dating sites and so did I at the time. When she passed away 3 years ago, I was crushed. I haven't been in physical contact with a woman since. In the last 6 months, I've tried to meet women online and in real life but to no avail. Striking out is causing me major difficulties. I've decided to just leave women alone because most of them would rather date ******** than decent men. Hell, I even work out but because of my socially awkward character and my morbid sense of humor, I'm treated like a leper. Anyway, back to the point. Dating sites can provide a great way for people to meet other than conventional methods. My issue is the idea that you can judge whether I'm worthy for you or not in a picture and paragraph. It almost seems... fascist.

well said scarsacrossthesky.

sadly i judged, while being judged. i guess im no better. after awhile it depressed me to much to continue. so many in college, so many with children, all listing their activities and accomplishments. leaving me to feel left out, and criticizing myself compared to them.

im told behind every great man is a woman. women say it sarcastically, but i think its true. men are better when in relationships. i think thats why so many men cheat, and why so many decent guys get nothing. because when youre single, youre just not that assertive.

Latest posts

Back