Dating websites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
perfanoff said:
Dating sites are perfectly good.. I will recommend OKCupid!

not for me, no interest whatsoever from English women.

Of course, on the russian / chinese site I get 20 plus letters a day. All these women getting all excited about my photo and profile. It is fun reading them, it passes the time I guess. One this morning offered me a blow job ! :D

putter65 said:
perfanoff said:

Of course, on the russian / chinese site I get 20 plus letters a day. All these women getting all excited about my photo and profile. It is fun reading them, it passes the time I guess. One this morning offered me a blow job ! :D

Hehe, apparently English men are in high demand further east :)

perfanoff said:
putter65 said:
perfanoff said:

it all seems a bit of a rip off. They charge you to write to these women and also to read their letters. Not cheap either, about £4 a go.

I had a brain wave, wrote to all the asian women on plenty of fish dating site in my area. See what happens.

putter65 said:
perfanoff said:
putter65 said:
perfanoff said:

it all seems a bit of a rip off. They charge you to write to these women and also to read their letters. Not cheap either, about £4 a go.

I had a brain wave, wrote to all the asian women on plenty of fish dating site in my area. See what happens.

So on POF which is free, I have sent about 25 messages to asian women in my area. No replies yet.

On the Asian / Russian site, I have had about 100 messages in the last few days. I can read them but it costs me money to reply to them. I have had everything, they feel deeply attracted to my profile, they think I am handsome, they talk about marriage and sex. One gave a long description of what she wanted to do to me (blow job).

I use the same photo on each site and profile.

So whats the difference ?

Obvious it's all about money, ripping me off.

Every few months I go to a massage parlour and for £50 I get to roll around with a sexy woman. At least that's value for money ! There is no difference.

Hehe, except not every woman can give you a great massage!

Yeah, in your case it seems to be about the money, well if you can afford to reply to some messages maybe you can get a phone number on the first try. It's much cheaper than actually going to China for sure :)

I have had bad luck with POF, I feel that there's just so many guys contacting the girls in there and you almost have to peddle yourself like some item.

If you think you're attractive you can always try to sign up for beautifulpeople, I wish I could :D

Heh I always worry about trying a dating site. I figure if I did and got nothing from it, it would be a huge blow to the ego.

perfanoff said:

Yeah, in your case it seems to be about the money, well if you can afford to reply to some messages maybe you can get a phone number on the first try. It's much cheaper than actually going to China for sure :)

I have had bad luck with POF, I feel that there's just so many guys contacting the girls in there and you almost have to peddle yourself like some item.

If you think you're attractive you can always try to sign up for beautifulpeople, I wish I could :D

I have spent a bit of money sending messages to this woman. It's so expensive though, £4 to write a letter and £4 to read one. So I gave her my email address and told her to write letters to that. I am sure there will be a catch and she won't bother.

The agency seems genuine and they screen the women. Obviously the women just want to move to the UK.

POF is free so obviously loads of people on there. No chance whatsoever. I was just testing my theory.

Nah I'm not beautifull, I joined an ugly site, that's where I met that russian scammer. Never got one genuine message on there.

Limlim said:
Heh I always worry about trying a dating site. I figure if I did and got nothing from it, it would be a huge blow to the ego.

my ego went when I was 19. Ive never had one since.

putter65 said:
perfanoff said:

I have spent a bit of money sending messages to this woman. It's so expensive though, £4 to write a letter and £4 to read one. So I gave her my email address and told her to write letters to that. I am sure there will be a catch and she won't bother.

The agency seems genuine and they screen the women. Obviously the women just want to move to the UK.

POF is free so obviously loads of people on there. No chance whatsoever. I was just testing my theory.

Nah I'm not beautifull, I joined an ugly site, that's where I met that russian scammer. Never got one genuine message on there.

Limlim said:

my ego went when I was 19. Ive never had one since.

Found out how the asian web sites works. You pay money to write and read letters, you cannot exchange personel information. If you get on, you can request a 'meet me' which involves visiting the lady where she lives. You pay some more money for a one and half hour meeting with the lady who decides if she wants to be with you. And then I suppose you get married and she moves to your country.

It's not something I want to do at the moment. Maybe in a few years, I don't know ? The women on there are beautifull. It will cost a fortune visiting them but it looks legit.

putter65 said:
Found out how the asian web sites works. You pay money to write and read letters, you cannot exchange personel information. If you get on, you can request a 'meet me' which involves visiting the lady where she lives. You pay some more money for a one and half hour meeting with the lady who decides if she wants to be with you. And then I suppose you get married and she moves to your country.

It's not something I want to do at the moment. Maybe in a few years, I don't know ? The women on there are beautifull. It will cost a fortune visiting them but it looks legit.

Sounds like a maid order bride thingy.... =\

emptyspace said:
putter65 said:

Sounds like a maid order bride thingy.... =\

yes, it's something to think about I suppose.

The way I see it is; why should I go my whole life without a woman ? If I mess it up and she doesn't like me and leaves me then fair enough, only myself to blame. But it's going thru the experience and having a chance to be a good husband or partner. I want the chance to love someone and be loved back. Just at least one chance.

I'm 44 so Ive had 28 years of not getting anywhere. Something is clearly wrong with me, women aren't interested. I can't see it changing, in fact the older I get the less chance I have. So Ive got to look further a field, somewhere else. Somewhere where I might be appreciated.

It's a big decision and a big step. Obviously I will have to save some cash up. I can save easily, got nothing to spend my money on. But not at the moment, need to clear my head first. Maybe in a couple of years ?

Wow, I see some appeal in arranged contacts but this goes way overboard.

If you think of going that route, can also try Brazil. Also beware of makeup/photoshop.

perfanoff said:
Wow, I see some appeal in arranged contacts but this goes way overboard.

If you think of going that route, can also try Brazil. Also beware of makeup/photoshop.

i probably won't go down that route. I won't have the courage but at a last resort it's there.

I do like Asian women though.

Well, it's your choice. But many such "marriages" don't work here, at least not where i'm from. They're obviously here for 2 things, money and citizenship. Once they've got it. BYE BYE!

emptyspace said:
Well, it's your choice. But many such "marriages" don't work here, at least not where i'm from. They're obviously here for 2 things, money and citizenship. Once they've got it. BYE BYE!

i don't think it will ever happen

Been chatting with a nice girl since last week and we seemed to hit it off really well. Arranged a date for Saturday and again it went pretty well. She sends a text saying nice to meet you etc, I send one back saying nice to meet you too hope to do it again sometime (as you do). She then respondes 'I just see you more as a friend really, didn't feel that connection there'

Soo I got friendzoned...bugger! Oh well back to the hideous world of online dating for me.

Carljones90 said:
Been chatting with a nice girl since last week and we seemed to hit it off really well. Arranged a date for Saturday and again it went pretty well. She sends a text saying nice to meet you etc, I send one back saying nice to meet you too hope to do it again sometime (as you do). She then respondes 'I just see you more as a friend really, didn't feel that connection there'

Soo I got friendzoned...bugger! Oh well back to the hideous world of online dating for me.

bad luck.

Ive been messing about on dating sites the last few days.

Plenty of fish - which is free - Not had much interest, a few have replied to my messages. More out of politeness than interest. Trouble is its like real life, women have loads of men to choose from. There is always going to be a bloke better than me and women will choose them. I don't see how Im going to meet anybody on there.

Ive found a free asian site. The ones from England aren't interested. The women who live in a different country to me are different, alot more friendly, willing to send email address, wanting to chat on facebook etc. They always reply to messages. Of course you wonder what their motives are.

I would never sign up to date women in another country. I only look for people within about 10-15 miles of where I am located and even that is a long distance for me.

blackdot said:
I would never sign up to date women in another country. I only look for people within about 10-15 miles of where I am located and even that is a long distance for me.

yes i agree, it makes sense. Trouble with me is nobody near me is interested. It's like, the further they are away from me the more interested they are. Which doesn't do me any favours at all.

putter65 said:
blackdot said:

yes i agree, it makes sense. Trouble with me is nobody near me is interested. It's like, the further they are away from me the more interested they are. Which doesn't do me any favours at all.

I go on those 'meet me' things. I say 'yes' to most of the women on there. And I can see that they view my profile a few minutes later. Do they leave a message ? NO !

the reason they are more interested in you is because you are far away. once you offer to get near them, they will change their mind and not be interested... or they will already be married.

Latest posts

Back