Days of the year that sucks for me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebendr

Reaction score
christmas day (My birthday)
I used to think my birthday is the coolest day ever. I was born on christmas day. But these last few years, I have begun to hate it. Its the same thing every year. We celebrate it as christmas. My birthday is just an afterthought. I dont even get passes. If i make a mistake, even a tiny one, I still get punished for it. No one cares, no one asks what I want and actually go thru with it. I never had friends over at my birthday. Ever. Like I said, its never a birthday party, just a christmas party. And now, christmas is near. Oh joy.

New Year's Day (another year, same old stuff)
New year means hope, but now, I feel like hope is gone.

Valentines Day (need I say more)
This day just reminds me Im still single.

Yeah... My birthday lands on Mother's Day now and then. AND the guy I am with, has the same birthday (fresia... lol)

As for Valentine's Day: It's stupid. It's a day people are told to say "I love you" and confess their friendly feelings. Shouldn't people just do it? And get gifts for their loved ones, "just 'cause"?

Senamian said:
As for Valentine's Day: It's stupid. It's a day people are told to say "I love you" and confess their friendly feelings. Shouldn't people just do it? And get gifts for their loved ones, "just 'cause"?

Yeah.. I don't quite understand why this day is so special.. when you should just do that pretty much any other day with your loved ones?

firebendr said:
christmas day (My birthday)
I used to think my birthday is the coolest day ever. I was born on christmas day. But these last few years, I have begun to hate it. Its the same thing every year. We celebrate it as christmas. My birthday is just an afterthought. I dont even get passes. If i make a mistake, even a tiny one, I still get punished for it. No one cares, no one asks what I want and actually go thru with it. I never had friends over at my birthday. Ever. Like I said, its never a birthday party, just a christmas party. And now, christmas is near. Oh joy.

New Year's Day (another year, same old stuff)
New year means hope, but now, I feel like hope is gone.

Valentines Day (need I say more)
This day just reminds me Im still single.
I suppose it might be difficult getting friends over on Christmas day since most people are with their families but you should get them to come over for New Year's to liven things up.
I definitely agree with you on New Year's day being depressing though, I loathe it with a passion. I view valentine's day as more of a money spinning scheme if I'm honest, I don't even think many couples buy into it.

ladyforsaken said:
Senamian said:

Yeah.. I don't quite understand why this day is so special.. when you should just do that pretty much any other day with your loved ones?

Ugh, exactly. It's offensive to those who don't have a spouse or lover, and an excuse for those who do NOT to show their love throughout the year.

Good point Senamian and ladyforsaken. They can show love anytime of the year and as many times as they can. Sometimes they even forgot to buy gifts on that 'special' day -_-

Senamian - So you celebrate your birthday and your guy's, as well as Mother's Day? :eek: What a day!

Blackdot - me too, pretty much. But the 3 holidays I mentioned before just suck bigtime..

Skid row 89 - I agree. On V Day, I mainly roll my eyes and sigh all day. lol Im a romantic, but really. Some things that they come up with are just too much..

Holiday birthdays can really be frustrating. Oddly enough, a lot of my family members and friends have had holiday birthdays or anniversaries.

You know the day you guys harp on the most- Valentine's Day? That one is my birthday. It's kind of a double whammy of emotional ouch, whether I'm single or not. People often say, "but aren't you happy if you have a special fella when it's Valentine's Day and your birthday?" Well... I have NEVER been in a relationship with a guy who actually did anything to celebrate the day at all! My daughter's father even said, "I forgot." How do you forget that your significant other has a birthday coming up when every store and street corner has roses, lace, and pink galore?

I actually kind of like Valentine's Day otherwise. It's not like you have to go to extreme measures to celebrate love... and sure, people SHOULD be all lovey dovey all of the time, but most aren't. That's kind of like when people say, "You should carry the spirit of Christmas all year long." Yes, but that doesn't happen, either. So I think it's kind of nice to take the day to celebrate Love and the people you care about (and whom you probably take for granted a lot of the time). It doesn't have to be a romantic kind of love. If you're single, do something nice for your family members, friends, a pet.

My last boyfriend's birthday was on Christmas. He said that it was okay not to make a fuss over it (I didn't because we'd broken up before it came along). However, if I had a child or significant other whose birthday was Christmas, I'd just celebrate Christmas the day before and have a family birthday celebration on that day. I mean, Jesus was sooo not born on December 25th. It wasn't even December at all. If you're going to have a party for friends, that's usually done on a weekend, anyway. So I'd do it the weekend before or after Christmas, just because a lot of people are traveling or whatever.

firebendr said:
Good point Senamian and ladyforsaken. They can show love anytime of the year and as many times as they can. Sometimes they even forgot to buy gifts on that 'special' day -_-

Senamian - So you celebrate your birthday and your guy's, as well as Mother's Day? :eek: What a day!

Blackdot - me too, pretty much. But the 3 holidays I mentioned before just suck bigtime..

Skid row 89 - I agree. On V Day, I mainly roll my eyes and sigh all day. lol Im a romantic, but really. Some things that they come up with are just too much..

Yeah I might sometimes just split up the three "events" over the weekend LOL. Though, as a couple having the same birthday isn't too bad... I mean, we both go out and have fun... Both exchange gifts and such, or whatever. I think it works out nicely :p

Personally, "Valentine's Day" presents are "yeah, whatever. You got it because of the day. Not me." Kind of feeling. Like they are obligated to. But having random "Surprise! Flowers!" is kind of nice, unexpected and definitely rewarding to the giver too :) Point: Just be a sweetheart.

Latest posts

Back