Deal breaker questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. (I'd be curious as to why, but there are some circumstances like my own, that keep me isolated from people. I just found my first friend to do things with 5 months ago. We get along great too!

Would it be a dealbreaker if you were told by someone you dated 6 times and were really starting to like, if he/she told you they were in recovery for alcohol and drugs for 10 years now?

Not directly. I would only respect them that they have battled with something so dangerous and are coming on top; I would highly appreciate the honesty. But I would also be on the lookout for an unstable personality.

Would it be a deal breaker for you if they don't share your view about going to bars/billiards etc on weekends?

No, cause I don't tend to go to bars. I like billiards but it's not a deal breaker considering I go years between playing it seems. :p

Would it be a deal breaker for you if the person you date isn't very social in groups?

Flat out No

Would it be a deal breaker for you if the person you date is superstitious (susceptible to cold reading, "extrasensory types lol" etc) ?

Depends on HOW superstitious....I mean, if we're talking throwing salt over his shoulder for luck, no problem....If he can't even look at a sidewalk because of all the cracks, then we have a problem.

Would it be a deal breaker if the person you are dating did not share your political views?

Depends on how strongly they felt about it and what kinds of things they said/believed in.

Would it be a deal breaker if the person you are dating doesn't eat meat?

Doesn't eat meat - no. Doesn't eat any animal products - yes.

Would it be a deal breaker if you had a substantial difference in education?

No ... education is important but as long as you connect on some level

Would it be a deal breaker if he is married ... you already knew that prior to getting involved

Yes!!! (I wouldn't be in the relationship in the first place if I knew that he was married.)

If someone wanted to have a serious relationship with you and was a different religion than you are, would it be a deal breaker if he/she wanted you to convert?

I am to funny ...she would be unable to

Would it be a deal breaker if they liked watching golf on TV

Nah, I've become very well versed at football and baseball due to a fella's spirited sports...enthusiasm.

Would it be a deal breaker if he/she was a meddler in other people's drama?

Yes if the drama came into my home

Is it a deal breaker if they belch ?

If it's unavoidable, no problem. If it's because he lacks manners, then yes.

Would it be a deal breaker if he/she rode a motorcycle without a helmet?

How come it has to be a he that belch s lol

Helmets are law hear so not an issue

Is it a deal breaker if they are behind on their bills

I wouldn't care about a girl being a little behind on her bills as long as I wasn't automatically expected to pitch in.

Are unusual political views a dealbreaker?

Paraiyar said:
Are unusual political views a dealbreaker?

Depends on what it is. Say if a girl says to me that she really like what ISIS stands for. I'd just have to find another girl to talk to.

However if she says she is a Republican or a Democrat and I happen to be the opposite then no big deal.

BeyondShy said:
However if she says she is a Republican or a Democrat and I happen to be the opposite then no big deal.

I'm different. I can't stand politics, so regardless of party, I'd want to generally have similar views of the world. I can't be with anyone who takes politics so seriously that they treat it like a sporting event.

Would it be a dealbreaker if the person believes he/she is destined to become a messiah-like figure in a literal sense? (Edit: Which actually happened to me.)

Case said:
I'm different. I can't stand politics, so regardless of party, I'd want to generally have similar views of the world. I can't be with anyone who takes politics so seriously that they treat it like a sporting event.

No, I feel the same way. I don't like politics and I really don't pay a lot of attention to it.

Funny you should mention someone treating politics like a sporting event. I used to work with someone who used to talk politics at work every single day. Without fail. For a long time. He talked about it like you would be describing an exciting extra-inning baseball game that your favorite team won the night before. That's how bad it was.

Prior to the 2012 Presidential election that was all he talked about. Non stop. Finally and thankfully election day came and went and the next day we came into work the talk was about Obama's victory. Somebody asked this guy if he had a good time when he went out to vote. The response he gave was incredible. "I didn't vote" he replied, "I didn't feel like it."

Case said:
Would it be a dealbreaker if the person believes he/she is destined to become a messiah-like figure in a literal sense? (Edit: Which actually happened to me.)

Yeah I think so.

Let's get away from politics now. Next question.

Would it be a deal breaker if you found out your potential next girlfriend or boyfriend does not like dogs and you happen to own one? Or cats if you happen to own a cat?

BeyondShy said:
Would it be a deal breaker if you found out your potential next girlfriend or boyfriend does not like dogs and you happen to own one? Or cats if you happen to own a cat?

At this point I'm so desperate that I would probably choose the person. Nonetheless, If this pet hypothetically had spent many years with me, I doubt a potential partner would be so heartless to ask me to leave it.

Would it be a deal breaker if she/he didn't like tho read. At all?

Latest posts

Back