Deal breaker questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:
Would it be a deal-breaker if your date/partner frequently picked fights with others for seemingly no reason, and/or had a generally bad temper towards others (but not to you)?

Yes. This was a deal-breaker with my ex. She was a horribly negative person and started honeysuckle with everyone from the gas station attendant to the little old lady greeter at Wally-World. :(

Would it be a deal-breaker if your significant other spent time with a "best friend" of the opposite gender?

Joseph said:
Would it be a deal-breaker if your significant other spent time with a "best friend" of the opposite gender?

Depends on how MUCH time they're spending together and what I catch them doing when I spy on them. :p Heh seriously, though... it wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker, but it would make things difficult. I'm a decently jealous type of guy, so it would bug me a bit, yeah. Same as I would expect if I were spending time with a woman, though... and my girlfriend didn't approve.

Same question.

I don't think men and women can be just friends and have it stay that way. To me, at some point one of you are going to like eachother so I don't trust it. So...prolly a deal breaker.

Would it be a deal breaker if you caught your gf/bf snooping through your phone, IM history, etc?

If it's just one time then it wouldn't be a big deal. However, there is a line and if it occurs daily then deal breaker. You can't trust me then you shouldn't be with me and vice-versa.

Same question.

Sterling said:
Would it be a deal breaker if you caught your gf/bf snooping through your phone, IM history, etc?

I'm kind of going along with Odessa here. Once is curiosity, eighteenth is snooping/paranoia. If it gets to be a constant thing, then yeah I'd hafta call it quits.

Would it be a deal-breaker if your date/partner loved to tear the limbs off of insects? Any insect he/she finds, he/she picks them up and tortures it by tearing its limbs off one by one. Deal breaker or no?

It would bother me if he does it, to me it could be the sign of a much deeper personality issue. It's one thing to kill an insect that is a pest, but to find joy in hurting creatures no matter what size or type is to me a warning sign. So yeah it would be a deal breaker if it is a habit.

Would it be a deal breaker if your new bf/gf is still very close friends to their ex?

Ladysphinx said:
Would it be a deal breaker if your new bf/gf is still very close friends to their ex?

Yes. My ex still kept in close contact with his ex when we were together. Turns out he was still pining for her and it took time away from our relationship. I don't stay friends with exes, my feeling is that we broke up because things were broken and it's time to move on.

Would it be a deal breaker if you were with your significant other in the bedroom about to get it on and they were focused on texting their "gay friend" (same gender as your significant other)??
(Sorry, I'm still a little bitter about that one :D :D )

Teresa

Uhm....let's see, a man is about to have sex with a woman and wants to text his gay friend instead? Hmmm.....I would think he was gay so I don't think I would put up with that xD

Just saying, but I love this thread >.>

Anyways, would it be a deal breaker if they were lonely too? I don't know if anyone would be against dating someone in the same boat as them.

Sterling said:
Anyways, would it be a deal breaker if they were lonely too? I don't know if anyone would be against dating someone in the same boat as them.

Not a deal-breaker.

Would it be a deal-breaker if your date/partner cheated to get their diploma or degree, and continued to cheat in order to pass tests, exams, licensure, etc?

Would it be a deal-breaker if your date/partner cheated to get their diploma or degree, and continued to cheat in order to pass tests, exams, licensure, etc?

Not necessarily a deal breaker, if you have your own income and career. A deal breaker if you are dependent since when they get caught and lose their job, now both of you don't have a future.

Would it be a deal breaker if your partner lied about being in the country legally?

Deal breaker. I'm not getting involved with anyone in that situation.

Same question.

No, it wouldn't be a deal breaker if my partner lied about being in the country legally.

Would it be a deal breaker if your significant other suggested to their preschool aged sons to dress up like girls? (GAWD, I'M SO GLAD I DUMPED HIM!! :D :D I should start a whole new thread :D)

Teresa

*edited for clarity

Hell yes, that isn't even a sign there could be a problem there is a massive problem in that.

Would it be a deal breaker if partner doesn't want you to see their e-mails/text messages/mail/phone call history/phone book ?

Ladysphinx said:
Would it be a deal breaker if partner doesn't want you to see their e-mails/text messages/mail/phone call history/phone book ?

Not a deal breaker. We all deserve privacy. Relationships need to be based on trust, but that is MHO. Little pieces of information taken out of context can lead to distrust.

Would it be a deal breaker if your partner dislikes your friends and gives you guilty feelings about spending time with them?

Oranje said:
Would it be a deal breaker if your partner dislikes your friends and gives you guilty feelings about spending time with them?

Yeah. I wouldn't expect my partner to LOVE my friends... everyone has different tastes like that, but I would expect her to at least respect my choices in who I spend my time with.

Same question.

Deal breaker. If I were with someone I would respect that his friends are his rock. I'd like who he likes. And if anyone made me feel bad about the way my friends are then I'd dump his ass. Easy.

Would it be a deal breaker if your partner always corrects you? In a stickler manner.

Mmm...Not necessarily a deal breaker unless he got obsessive about it.

Would it be a deal breaker if your partner had anxiety issues and suffered frequent panic attacks?

Not a deal breaker. I always suffer from it. Although if it got to the point where he needs professional help then I'd prolly get scared but it won't make me stay away.

Would it be a deal breaker if your partner has had numerous failed marriages?

DTR said:
Would it be a deal breaker if your partner had anxiety issues and suffered frequent panic attacks?

Nehh. It would make things difficult, but it wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker.... unless it got to the point where I couldn't do anything with my life because I was trying to take care of her 24/7... Like being called at work every 10 minutes because she's freaking out. Gawd help me, even if I loved her I couldn't stand that for long. Judge me human.

Would it be a deal-breaker if your date/partner commonly drinks more than they should?

Latest posts

Back