Dealing with social cravings?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had sex with too many strangers. Ididn't enjoy it but for that short time I wasn't alone..................actually I was, but I kidded myself I wasn't.
Thank God I came to my senses and stopped doing that, but am still very lonely so it solved nothing.

dd11 said:
It never used to bother.  I was so focused in my life on my career, school, etc that i really didn't realize that i was missing anything.  I have done a lot of things in my life and have accomplished a lot on a lot of levels.  However, I finally realized i didnt' have a vast circle of people like others seems to.  Maybe some people just don't.

Story of my life! I never knew I had an issue until I was 22 (at the end of college) and so deperately lonely...

niceguysfinishlast said:
Most of the time, yes. However, trying to do anything social with anyone is more of a hassle anymore to where it's not worth it. What happened to simply hanging out with friends instead of having to almost plan it almost a week out? :/

Not only that but all I ever do is visit relatives, but I've become a 3rd wheel at everything. Everyone else is talking about their lives while I pretty much don't have a life.

Yes, that's another downside of being around people who've got active social lives. It just augments your own loneliness and makes you feel worse and yet you are around people...smh
PHOENIXX said:
Find some activity to allows you to put some smile on someone else's lips:) It seems we find happiness by making others happy:) Reduce activity that keep you away from ppl:) Join volunteer groups if there are any around you, go out to parks and shows you fancy:) And best of it all, learn to recreate your personality to become cheerful and become d type ppl like to be around:) The more ppl you generally get to mix with, d higher d tendency of you meeting d right ppl:)

There lies the solution but it takes the motivation of a thousand cattle pulling plows for me to just get up the social energy to call someone I haven't talked to in a week...let alone planning to go out! 😖

Latest posts

Back