Dear women.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Sky

Reaction score
This man misses you.

I'm tired of not having any of you in my life in any way.

I have nothing further to say.

Midnight Sky said:
This man misses you.

Not that this should make you feel any better, but us women feel the same way. :p

EveWasFramed said:
Midnight Sky said:
This man misses you.

Not that this should make you feel any better, but us women feel the same way. :p

There's only one solution though really isn't there.

As hard as it can be, unless you make the effort and put yourself out there it's never going to happen.

Legato said:
EveWasFramed said:
Midnight Sky said:
This man misses you.

As hard as it can be, unless you make the effort and put yourself out there it's never going to happen.

Yeah, because it's really THAT easy to find that one person that will fill your heart with joy...

EveWasFramed said:
Midnight Sky said:
This man misses you.

^ Yes, this. :)

daughter of the moon said:
Legato said:
EveWasFramed said:
Midnight Sky said:
This man misses you.

Yeah, because it's really THAT easy to find that one person that will fill your heart with joy...

It's that attitude what makes it harder for you though.

People are fixated on finding "the one" and not just happy with focusing on just being happy. You'll find that special person at some point, but if you focus all your energy into it you're often going to be disappointed.

Was only advice anyway, I apologise

^ That sounds like a quote from "You've Got Mail".

"I just have to meet someone new, that's all. That's the easy part."
"Oh right, yeah, a snap to find the one single person in the world who fills your heart with joy."

Solivagant said:

^ That sounds like a quote from "You've Got Mail".

"I just have to meet someone new, that's all. That's the easy part."
"Oh right, yeah, a snap to find the one single person in the world who fills your heart with joy."

Ahem....... :D

Legato said:

I could "put myself out there." My life is pretty full at the moment though. I don't have the time and energy for a full-time relationship. It would be very unfair of me to get into a relationship with someone and not be able to offer them what they need.
As far as missing male company, that doesn't change just because I don't have the resources to devote to a relationship. :p I can still miss all the good things, right? Kisses, hugs, snuggles, companionship and err....other things.
If something came along, I certainly wouldn't discount the opportunity/possibility, but I'm simply not "looking."

So, just because you aren't putting yourself out there doesn't mean you don't desire something more.

:D

EveWasFramed said:
Legato said:

I could "put myself out there." My life is pretty full at the moment though. I don't have the time and energy for a full-time relationship. It would be very unfair of me to get into a relationship with someone and not be able to offer them what they need.
As far as missing male company, that doesn't change just because I don't have the resources to devote to a relationship. :p I can still miss all the good things, right? Kisses, hugs, snuggles, companionship and err....other things.
If something came along, I certainly wouldn't discount the opportunity/possibility, but I'm simply not "looking."

So, just because you aren't putting yourself out there doesn't mean you don't desire something more.

:D

I don't disagree with you. I've never said you don't desire something if you don't look.

I was very unhappy lonely. Put all my effort into finding the one and it didn't help at the time. It hurt that I hadn't found anyone, but at least I'd tried. Due to my efforts I'm not in a relationship and both happily in love

I think it's a tricky balance. You have to be relatively content being single and "put yourself out there." Having a relationship won't solve everything. That said, I'm perpetually single and would like to find love. I put myself out there to someone who was only flirting for fun and now the unhappy fallout makes me er, not in a good state to be looking...Time heals all wounds?

edamame721 said:
I think it's a tricky balance. You have to be relatively content being single and "put yourself out there." Having a relationship won't solve everything. That said, I'm perpetually single and would like to find love. I put myself out there to someone who was only flirting for fun and now the unhappy fallout makes me er, not in a good state to be looking...Time heals all wounds?

Same here. I've never been not single. I've never really even come close to having a real relationship although apparently I'm not the only one who struggles with it which is comforting in a weird way.

Anyway, I agree that you have to put yourself out there. Both men and women need to do this but especially men since in our society and basically any society consisting of humans(aliens might be different I don't know)the male has to be the pursuer. Even women need to put themselves in a situation where she will be approached. If she just goes about her daily life some guy might approach her at the grocery store but her chances are much better in other environments.

I'm not ready for a relationship, even though I want to be in one. I need at least 2-3 more years..when I'll hopefully have my stuff together. I'm also still recovering/hurting from a previous relationship. .

But I don't have any female friends, or rather, I can't get any to be on a mutual level, always having to keep going to them and it ends as soon as I stop.

I've put myself out there, probably too much, and getting no results(I hate this the most..). I keep trying because simply letting it go, will just aid the stagnation even more.

You know you're in a bad spot, when you can't meet NEW females, and have to resort to GOING BACKWARDS to girls where any type of bonding didn't work the first time, hoping things would be different... I've even looked for past female friends that were very kind and REAL to me, but have long been out of my life due to this thing called time, but haven't found them.

..And for the record, I've thought about PMing some here, but the thought runs to my mind "What am I going to say?"

I'm really lucky to have a few really wonderful women I count as friends, and recently made a new friend (I think, anyway).

Ironically it's having a male friend that I always seem to miss out on, I think that would be really good for me, in a way. I did have a man I connected with, but like with most women I meet, he had a family and job and lived a fair ways away, so it didn't really ignite as a friendship.

I hope one day MS you can find some decent women to connect with, sometimes it might be worth looking at how hard you're trying, and maybe take a step back for a little while. I've found that oddly, sometimes when I've let go and stopped making any effort, something comes out of the blue totally unexpectedly. Good luck, anyway, in find friends of any gender :)

EveWasFramed said:
Midnight Sky said:
..And for the record, I've thought about PMing some here, but the thought runs to my mind "What am I going to say?"

Usually a "hello" works pretty good. :p

the trouble lies in the sentence to follow…

Polina-Nefidova-Deer-Woman.jpeg

Latest posts

Back