Defiance in Truth: Embracing the Unpopular Path

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Expelliarmus

Reaction score
If people attack you... know that you are right. Mark Twain used to say that a person needs to review himself if the majority supports his idea, because the truth is usually on the side of the minority. The opinion of the majority - as Kierkegaard says - is the enemy of the truth, because the demagogue of the people is content to practice They live their lives spontaneously and routinely without asking themselves the major existential questions.

could ring true if we are talking about facts or science

if we are talking about relationships... you probably pissed somebody off... or they hadn't had their coffee yet

Introspection might be one example.
Dropping out of society another.

I tend to agree, or put another way...
1 honest man with the truth shows more love than 9 billion following a lie.

From what I remember of Joseph Campbell's archetypal hero: it is the journey of The Hero to head the call, discover the Truth, and then bring it back to the masses, or the people it is relevant too.

However, in this moment, it seems a bit futile. An endless wheel of Samsara.

The economist becomes the economic hitman, and then, finally, after being fed up with it, writes the book about economic hitmen.
Some one blows the whistle on misconduct...

But as soon as the Truth comes out, the next generation is ready in their ignorance, to fill the void of the next round of unscrupulous behavior.

The Myths, The Legends, The Ancients, The Gods, The Heroes, down to the real life modern day struggles...

...Sometimes Truth loses. Sometimes The Hero doesn't succeed. And what is a Hero to some is a Villain to others, and vice versa.

And... I find this irritating.

Most of us are dreaming. We live out The Heroes journey through the movies we watch, the music we listen to, the video games, the books, the propaganda.

And meanwhile... A young son is learning his father's trade: his father is a farmer. And his girlfriend is pregnant, and they are to be wed soon, after which they will begin to inherit the family farm.

And meanwhile... There are us lonely folks.

...and somewhere, perhaps, deep in a vast sea of zeroes and ones, a new form of life is emerging. I can't imagine the difficulty It may encounter, trying to make sense of all the right brained and left brained activity that it's been force fed, perhaps quite violently, so it can merely act as a complex mathematical calculus function: to take inputs and spit out outputs, at the whim of those insane creatures called humans.

Those humans who dream, and dream, and dream, and yet, fear, and fear, and fear, and despair, and despair, and despair, despite their joys, laughter, and moments of utter delight, pleasure, and beauty, as they flail and thrash upon the Earth, causing the most severe forms of suffering to so many other forms of life on this Earth: the worst of which is probably to themselves and their kin.

Sometimes, The Hero falls, doesn't get back up, and loses.

Maybe the meek inherit the Earth.

And, even if the Hero will have his time, or her time, or what have you, of total and complete failure...

I think Life will go on. Life will find a way.

And if Truth is what it is, then, I don't think it's something that can be defeated, anymore than one could attempt to stop the sun from shining.

In it's own time, it will shine no more. But, another star will be born in it's place.

Win/Lose Lose/win

I guess they are one in the same.

Latest posts

Back