Depressed and Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
Probably the last year working from home has been getting harder and harder for me. I feel isolated and have realized I don't have any friends. I do have a partner but of course you need friends as well. It's not healthy just the two of you.
I'm an easy going person, though shy in social situations. I cannot seem to connect with anyone. People think I'm nice and cute and easy to get along with. But yet I just can't seem to develop any solid friendships. I wonder if it's harder as you get older, I don't know. I've been burned a few times by supposed friends so I guess I'm no so quick to let myself develop friendships too quickly.
Working from home I'm alone all day and find myself wishing there was someone I could call or e-mail with. I'm really feeling isolated and don't know what to do. I've started cycling and can't even find a recreational cycling group to join in my area. I'm at a loss and I'm starting down a dark path. What do I do?

Do you have any hobbies? Any passions? I think there's a website, meetup.com where you can type in something you like, like cycling, and find groups around your neighbourhood or city that "meet up" and do just that. Even if you don't make any friends, it's good to go out once in a while and have fun with some other people, right? :)

I guess I'm kind of in the same boat as you - I have a boyfriend who I'm really close with, but no other real friends. Like I said, we're really close and all that but it's just not the same as having an actual FRIEND. It's lonely. :(

I'm in the same boat. In some ways I think it is harder as you get older. Most people in older age brackets are occupied with work and children and already have an established group of friends. My own plan is to make an active effort to make friends both online and off, and try to find people who share my interests but it's going to be difficult. I think it helps if you live in an urban area, then there's more likelihood of finding large recreational groups for things like cycling. If you're free to travel or choose where you live, take advantage of that and pick a vibrant area with alot of people and social activities. I don't have any great advice other than to keep trying, develop alot of hobbies, and make a point of going out when you get the chance.

Hi there. I have an odd job that only work a few hours a week but make good money. Problem is that I never get to spend time with people and Im left on my own ALL the time so now I am lonely as hell and trying to get into a 'regular job' just to be around others.. one thing that was recommended to me was volunteering somewhere. I also started to go to some local bars and just started talking to girls again just to chat with them. But like right now I have been alone all day and **** it sucks I hate it. I call everyone I know but that can only go so far because others have actual lives. I do a lot of reading to get my mind off it but it doesnt always help/.

Greyson said:
Probably the last year working from home has been getting harder and harder for me. I feel isolated and have realized I don't have any friends. I do have a partner but of course you need friends as well. It's not healthy just the two of you.
I'm an easy going person, though shy in social situations. I cannot seem to connect with anyone. People think I'm nice and cute and easy to get along with. But yet I just can't seem to develop any solid friendships. I wonder if it's harder as you get older, I don't know. I've been burned a few times by supposed friends so I guess I'm no so quick to let myself develop friendships too quickly.
Working from home I'm alone all day and find myself wishing there was someone I could call or e-mail with. I'm really feeling isolated and don't know what to do. I've started cycling and can't even find a recreational cycling group to join in my area. I'm at a loss and I'm starting down a dark path. What do I do?

Friendship takes time to build.
Instead of staying locked inside the comfort of your home...get out.
A few months ago, I joined some art classes, and even though I did not make any friends, at least I was doing something to work my mind and pass the time.
I get the whole "You're nice, funny, easy to get along with..." as well.
Much to the point that it ticks me off because despite it, I have no friends.
But you just gotta push and make it through.

Well, do not worried about it. To come out from the depression then start from the brain because depression is the source of the thoughts. Therefore, there is require to control the thoughts and increase the power of the concentration. You should also concern to the psychiatrist to get the better medication. Another thing is that there is require to keep in mind in different activities which you like most.

Latest posts

Back