depressing online weekends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rivermaze

I think I hate weekends. My loneliness is exposed. This is one of the reasons I don't like fb. Some enjoy their meetups, some family gatherings. Unfortunately, for me weekends are as any other part of the week, but with not many people to meet online, I'm forced to wait impatiently for Monday, even I hate it :)

I don't care much about weekends. To me it's all just another day I have to make it through without folding over on myself and disappearing all together.
I have 16 friends on facebook and not a single one has ever said a word to me. I've just stopped checking it because it only depresses me and reminds me of the life I don't have.
I'd like to be the kind of person that uses fb though...social networking and all that other important stuff.
Hate it or not, the weekends here and I hope that it treats you decently :)

Don't even log into Facebook. When you start making real friends, THEN you start logging in.

The weekends, tough for me too. Games, news, commenting on Forums/sites, watching TV/movies, playing boardgames with yourself, cooking, etc. are good ways.

Facewhat? ;)

Yeah, I think out of all my lonely, socially un-engaged, online friends I'm actually the most likely to spend near entire days hanging around my house on the internet at the weekend... Oh well. I just don't like going out and doing things on my own. :(

I have 13 online friends and I ignore every single one of them most of the time. Jesus desires your attention. I have a pretty close relationship with him.He's totaly changed my life. He loves me and fufills my every need. He's always there for me and I don't even think about lonleyness anymore. He came to save and deliver us from death. Say the sinner's prayer and your saved but...he's still alive and he really wants you and he wants your problems he wants to hear your hurts. He wants to remove all the pain that people have given you. But he does want you to fallow him. It's not always easy, if you donn't get a responce keep asking. Don't give up. Read the bible look up bible scriptures on lonelyness. I'll tell you what. Say this prayer and your best friend will be even closer than your heart.

"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.
I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.

I completely understand what you are saying - I hate the weekends too - all I want to do is sleep them away. They are so quite and lonely I can't wait for Monday so I can interact with people. I know how depressing that sounds....

rivermaze said:
I think I hate weekends. My loneliness is exposed. This is one of the reasons I don't like fb. Some enjoy their meetups, some family gatherings. Unfortunately, for me weekends are as any other part of the week, but with not many people to meet online, I'm forced to wait impatiently for Monday, even I hate it :)

Haha yeah I know what you mean. Somehow on weekends you feel it even more. I hate my job right now, so I dread Mondays and look forward to Fridays. But when Saturday comes and I have no company, it's just me and my good ol' laptop.

The video games help, keeps me entertained so I don't think about it. Sometimes it creeps in though and I just sit there twitching.

Limlim said:
The video games help, keeps me entertained so I don't think about it. Sometimes it creeps in though and I just sit there twitching.

hmm online, every guy is a gamer.

beans said:
Limlim said:

hmm online, every guy is a gamer.

hmm beans, not every or I'm not a guy, or I'm just getting too old too soon :)
hmm beans, although I shouldn't, I'm happy that you feel the same on Saturdays

hmm Limlim, another your post and I'm closer to the floor (and twitching) lol

Hey dude I so understand what you going through on weekends, mine are hell. What's more depressing is that during the week I'm well surrounded by people at school.
When we get to friday afternoon... I know the 2 days that follow I'm gonna spend them in my room between fb, 2 or 3 other forums (a lonely life included), msn, waiting for someone to log on... or on youtube, visionning to some hitsory documentary, clips and stuff, things that tends to get more and more boring by the day, the month, the year...

I only wanted to say that I do appreciate all your replies, guys. I don't feel as lonely during weekends as I did before. Thank you :)

TheFrenchy said:
Hey dude I so understand what you going through on weekends, mine are hell. What's more depressing is that during the week I'm well surrounded by people at school.
When we get to friday afternoon... I know the 2 days that follow I'm gonna spend them in my room between fb, 2 or 3 other forums (a lonely life included), msn, waiting for someone to log on... or on youtube, visionning to some hitsory documentary, clips and stuff, things that tends to get more and more boring by the day, the month, the year...

What other forums do you frequent? I am curious.

same here if it get weekend i am all alone
the week is almost the same *sigh*

i hate being fucken alone i cant stand it enymore

I'm happy im not alone..but living in a new country for me is very difficult..I feel like giving up on life.

I work the graveyard shift on the weekends. My days off are Wed & Thurs, and Thurs is today! As I have posted on another thread, I'm not waiting around any longer for someone to come into my life. I'm going to start doing stuff - even if it only with myself. Today, I am going to the movie theater. I've planned on doing this for about a week now. I'm going to make that hour's drive to the big city of Colorado Springs, stop off at the Alfonso's Mexican place for a carne asada burrito, and then go to the theater. I plan on seeing that new Harry Potter movie. I'll buy some buttered popcorn, and a coke.
This may not seem like much to some, but for me it's a monumental event. I would never dream of going to a theater by myself. Today, I'm doing just that. I will be planning other things to do on Thursdays as well. I did buy an annual fishing license the other day, and plan on doing some ice fishing at times during the winter. I haven't done any ice fishing in a few years, so it'll be good to get back into it. I have everything I need to ice fish; poles, ice hut, heater, gas ice auger, etc.
But today is movie day. I may be alone, but I can still do things. I'm getting on with my life.

gnome thats great! I hope you will find much joy in getting out and doing stuff.

rivermaze do you have any hobbies? What about something you have always wanted to do/learn, but haven't gotten around to?

Every day is a work day, or a weekend day for me, no matter what. I am self employed so I could literally be working 24/7, or on vacation 24/7 (well for a few days at least lol), whatever suits me. My work is not one that involves seeing other people all that often, I am alone so, so, so much. But I work with animals, and yes, they are GREAT company. THey are so easy to be around, and animals have the best sense of humor! No, I am not delusional, they dont tell jokes or anything LOL, but they express their exuberance for life in comical ways that keeps me laughing all day long :)

I would suggest to anyone who is bored with too much time on their hands to go volunteer at your local animal shelter, or homeless shelter, or go sit and talk to people in old folks homes who's families never visit, or who have no family. Sure there will be days when you leave any of those places with a broken heart, but there will be so much gained on all sides it will out weigh the sadness those places will put on a person.

septicemia said:
I would suggest to anyone who is bored with too much time on their hands to go volunteer at your local animal shelter, or homeless shelter, or go sit and talk to people in old folks homes who's families never visit, or who have no family. Sure there will be days when you leave any of those places with a broken heart, but there will be so much gained on all sides it will out weigh the sadness those places will put on a person.

Best suggestion I've seen in a long time! If you're feeling lonely and depressed, weekend or not, being online with few contacts available isn't really going to help. There are always people and animals out there who really needs a friendly face and caring hand. You'll get to make a huge, positive difference in someone else's lives, as well as occupying yourself. It's a win - win. :)

Latest posts

Back