depressing statistics from the UK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't surprise me at all, government wont be interested either.

Hang on - we still have her triple 'A' rating, right??

PS: Yes I'm from so called Great Britain.

Nothing positive to identify with. No real culture except yob culture. Those men have it ground into them that they're pond scum.

I wonder if we may be headed that direction in the U.S. also? The U.K. has been on an austerity budget for some time, with lots of unemployment. Our stupid congress has us heading in the same direction budget wise. Lots of people will be joining the unenployment or underemployment roles. Hope I'm wrong. It's still sad when so many people take their lives, but I understand depression and how it can happen! I've lost two family members to suicide.

Peaches said:
UK men, please, talk!
Are you from the UK? What do you think about these data?
http://rt.com/news/male-suicide-killer-rate-738/

Ive seen that before and I noticed the 30 to 44 age group is the worst.

I wonder why ?

Maybe at that age men have simply given up hope ? It's all about quality of life isn't it ? Most men want a life that involves a loving wife, kids, a job, cars, holidays, money.

Between those ages I suspect these men have realized that it isn't going to happen and their life is going to be pretty miserable.

This is very sad ): wish I would not have read the article. If only talking was all that it took to fix

Sad indeed. I wish there was some way I could help everyone who's in need of it. Unfortunately, life sucks and it will never get better. Just look at human history. Steady decline.

It doesn't surprise me either. Life here in the UK is getting more and more insecure and lonelier all the time for many people. I am glad to be over 50 as I wouldn't want to be young in such a world.

Tiina63 said:
It doesn't surprise me either. Life here in the UK is getting more and more insecure and lonelier all the time for many people. I am glad to be over 50 as I wouldn't want to be young in such a world.

at least we have the internet now to share how we feel and read about other lonely people. I was very lonely in the late 80's, early 90's. Not sure I could feel like that now. So much to read / do on the internet !

I read an article the other day saying if you are isolated and have no friends you will go to the grave earlier.....I thought to myself '' whats the alternative ?'' get a group of people together of who i have nothing in common with... buy the brand names they do, say what they say and go where they go, all in the name of happiness and longevity ? I think not, sounds like a tin can being rattled.

Reno Bill said:
I wonder if we may be headed that direction in the U.S. also? The U.K. has been on an austerity budget for some time, with lots of unemployment. Our stupid congress has us heading in the same direction budget wise. Lots of people will be joining the unenployment or underemployment roles. Hope I'm wrong. It's still sad when so many people take their lives, but I understand depression and how it can happen! I've lost two family members to suicide.

Not to go off the main subject of the thread but UK unemployment has overall fallen.

Typcal the way this country (UK) has become and guess waht most people are so apathetic and too wrapped up in themselves to help anyone else but themselves they have a flase sense of self worth and are very materialistic. This country has no backbone, no happiness, no deceny and ZERO respect for eachother anymore. honeysuckle, I HATE this country. Politically corerectness, smoking bans..No wonder people such a sme are ******* depressed. No freedom. No liberty. Its unserstandable people here are ending it.

JustALonelyGuy said:
Typcal the way this country (UK) has become and guess waht most people are so apathetic and too wrapped up in themselves to help anyone else but themselves they have a flase sense of self worth and are very materialistic. This country has no backbone, no happiness, no deceny and ZERO respect for eachother anymore. honeysuckle, I HATE this country. Politically corerectness, smoking bans..No wonder people such a sme are ******* depressed. No freedom. No liberty. Its unserstandable people here are ending it.

So the majority of 60+ million people are only in it for themselves?

Lol.

Poguesy said:
JustALonelyGuy said:

So the majority of 60+ million people are only in it for themselves?

Lol.

Reminds me of the time I was knocked off my motorbike on a roundabout of a main road in the middle of morning rush hour. Luckily I wasn't injured enough to not get up because I got to my feet like lightning when the pain subsided enough to realise that ALL the traffic was still moving at the same speed and not one of those fucks bothered to even leave me some space to lie in the middle of the road.

Doesn't surprise me about the suicide rate either, when you can't get simple help like "well how do I get experience?" I guess this is a combination of a younger generation being beaten down by arseholes and and older generation worn down from BEING arseholes

Poguesy, we all ahve different experiences here and each of us interpretate life our own way. You cant go round sayin 'not everyones like this' etc because there are people here including myself who ahve just met some right twats, one after the other. lets not start makin a debate over this. Your expereinces of people and life are fine. just remember we are entitled to our own too. I am just tellin it like it is.

JustALonelyGuy said:
Poguesy, we all ahve different experiences here and each of us interpretate life our own way. You cant go round sayin 'not everyones like this' etc because there are people here including myself who ahve just met some right twats, one after the other. lets not start makin a debate over this. Your expereinces of people and life are fine. just remember we are entitled to our own too. I am just tellin it like it is.

So because I have met a number of honest, hard working and decent people I can't go around stating this?

You have different experiences, sure, but mine are not any less significant.

All im doing is making my view known and I disagree with calling the majority of people selfish and wrapped up. Its a load of bollocks.

Latest posts

Back