depressing statistics from the UK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you saw the way some women treat us.. Lol. At the same time, all the evil men treat women poorly and these women stand by them. It's weird over here.

Gutted said:
If you saw the way some women treat us.. Lol. At the same time, all the evil men treat women poorly and these women stand by them. It's weird over here.

Again, it has nothing to do with where you live.

Poguesy said:
Gutted said:

Again, it has nothing to do with where you live.

so... culture doesn't affect attitudes or behaviour.. righto.

Thank you Peaches for starting this thread. I really want to express my thoughts on this subject as I have thoughts of suicide most days. Some days just a passing thought and some days I might gradually feel my thoughts becoming more and more negative over the space of maybe a half hour or an hour and then I can focus purely on thoughts of suicide for up to an hour at a time. I hate feeling like this and I wish I could overcome it and never have another thought like this again. I am 41 and I have felt like this - with the exception of brief periods when I have met someone and fallen in love - since I was 14 years old. I don't feel any worse now that we are in a recession. I can see why that makes more people feeling like they will never be able to have a bright future and with nothing to look forward to except work, a short retirement in poverty before death. So I guess more people are asking, "what's the point?" "I'd rather kill myself than to be a slave to this shitty unfair capitalist system, where if you're not gifted with brains, makes you work your whole life on minimum wage or not much more, just to line the pockets of shareholders. For what? To end up retired and poor and on benefits and just waiting to die".
The only thing that stops me from doing it is the upset it would cause my family.
So I guess in a way that is my question... and I really would like someone to give me a good answer on this cos it could turn my life around but, here's the six billion dollar question; what is the point of all this hurt and struggle? For what?

disintegration said:
I'm male, white, 25 and live in the UK. There's a high probability I'll be dead by the summer.

Hi disintegration.

May I ask you? How often do you have suicidal thoughts?

Latest posts

Back