Describe your Nightmares

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
I had a nightmare where there was this child with a horrid face looking at me. at first I was scared then I was sad because I thought what kinda god would allow a child to have a messed up face. when I woke up I thought how silly I was. maybe the child had a horrid face because it liked having a horrid face.

I was attacked by a dog when I was a little kid. I had the same nightmare nightly until I was in my mid twenties. It was a giant dog chasing me down and tearing my limbs off one by one until finally biting me into two. Then I would wake up terrified and all sweaty.

Finished said:
SirPanda said:
Kamala Harris Presidency

That is a nightmare for millions of people. We are nearly there though.

My worst nightmare was when I was in a coma, in ITU. They kept me on drugs for four weeks, I was hallucinating and couldn’t move because of the muscle relaxant. 

I dreamt I was being remote controlled, and killed my family members and friends, it felt utterly real. I tried to get out of the dream by altering the real world in some way. I desperately tried to fall out of bed, kick the hand sanitizer off the bed, or pull out the tubes. I tried to text friends, or scribble notes. At one point I dreamed that I just had to say ‘I am the bomb’ to my nurse and I would be able to move freely. It was a trap, but the code phrase would set you free. I remember muttering to him and he just said ‘I’m so sorry, I don’t understand’.  Bless him for listening.

The nightmares went on. I dreamed my nurse was trying to kill me. I dreamed that the patient opposite was being visited by a very nasty man intent on hurting her when nobody else was around, ignoring me because I was unconscious. He had a sharp knife hidden in his coat. 

At night the nurses came and sat with me and the machine I was plugged into. I dreamed that I was being pulled along by the machine, connected by tubes, in a warm sea. It fed me and kept me warm. The nurse mixed up glowing cocktails of drugs for the machine to dispense. He took his fair share when it was time to medicate me. We laughed.

I dreamt that I was on trial for the sins of my forefathers. I dreamt that I was back in the house I lived in age 5. 

My brother visited in the real world. His shirt was freshly pressed and smelled clean. His watch rattled when he held my hand, the wristband wasn’t tight enough. I was overjoyed and finally passed out, feeling safe at last.

Once I dreamt of falling into a blackhole. I really thought I was gonna die then I called out Gods name and I woke up.

Don't really have nightmares anymore, but if I do it's about something like my life falling apart in some way. So when I wake there's no relief like it, it's great.

But when I was a kid I had a recurring nightmare. That scene in the film BeatleJuice where that thing slides though a gap in the wall in the waiting room, I dreamt it was me but got stuck! I'm not claustrophobic but I felt it in that particular instance!

Even though I made it through college and grad school, I still have test anxiety dreams. Someone in the dream will tell me that I have a test today, but I didn't realize it and I have no time to study, so the anxiety snowballs into "I'm going to fail" and "I won't get my degree" until I finally wake up and realize that I'm actually no longer in school. Gets me every time.

Latest posts

Back