did anybody on here make new friends yet??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats going on here. ppl that do not get friends or PMs start PMing other ppl. Simple. just send a pm of saying something like errrr I seen your post and I think you are right.

I give you an example of the above post and here is what I would do if I wonted to talk to someone I had seen post.

HAY! How you doing Lonesome Crow. I read your posts and I fined them funny and sometimes informativ. Love the avi you got. Its cool.

Where abouts in the world are you. Am from the country that rains all the time. ye the wet UK lol.

You see, Just stop being shy and PM someone and then ramble on about anything at all. The person probably that your PMing is just as shy. Doesn't matter if you think you made a noob out of your self. That can make ppl feel moor comfterbol when replying to you cos it takes the pressure of them thinking they well make them self look silly. Lets stop worrying about what ppl think and just start being our self.

yeah, yeah...i've made several online friends here...i guess constant PMs are the best way to know someone in this forum...

punisher said:
i want to make new friends if anyone wants to PM me cool if not cool too. I'll post how many i got tomorrow, i'll just pull out my fingerless hand to count how many haha

I got exactly one PM. Yeah ! thats right, count em man haha

punisher said:
punisher said:
i want to make new friends if anyone wants to PM me cool if not cool too. I'll post how many i got tomorrow, i'll just pull out my fingerless hand to count how many haha

I got exactly one PM. Yeah ! thats right, count em man haha

Oh **** ! I sound like an ungrateful tw*t but im not and im glad its from the coolest person on here. YAY haha :)

Honestly, after several experiences with friendships online...I would say I shun all online people now. I am also skeptical if such online relationships would last. Don't get me wrong, online is a great way to meet new people, but I am not sure I would be friends with any of them after several bad experiences.

I think you just have to find the right people, and just like real life, it helps to have similar hobbies/interests or even an online 'activity' that you do (be it online chess or drawing or whatever).

Five years ago I joined an online gaming guild tailored towards roleplaying and MMORPGs. Long story short we tried several MMOs and none of them suited us, so we never really materialized in a game. But at least 3-4 of those people I still talk to, and we still play other games together, and we talk almost every night because even though they're 500 miles away or more, they're still some of my best friends.

Two of them I'm especially 'close' to, as much as I can be online. One of them I watch anime with (we'll both grab the same series), and the other is a fledgling writer. Well, I like to write too, and even though he lives two states away, I'm helping him improve and edit the book he's working on right now, and I really want to help see it through to publishing, whatever we have to do to make it so.

So we play games together and have interests/hobbies in common. This is the stuff of our friendship, the fuel of our camaraderie, just like in real life.

Brian said:
I think you just have to find the right people, and just like real life, it helps to have similar hobbies/interests or even an online 'activity' that you do (be it online chess or drawing or whatever).

Five years ago I joined an online gaming guild tailored towards roleplaying and MMORPGs. Long story short we tried several MMOs and none of them suited us, so we never really materialized in a game. But at least 3-4 of those people I still talk to, and we still play other games together, and we talk almost every night because even though they're 500 miles away or more, they're still some of my best friends.

Two of them I'm especially 'close' to, as much as I can be online. One of them I watch anime with (we'll both grab the same series), and the other is a fledgling writer. Well, I like to write too, and even though he lives two states away, I'm helping him improve and edit the book he's working on right now, and I really want to help see it through to publishing, whatever we have to do to make it so.

So we play games together and have interests/hobbies in common. This is the stuff of our friendship, the fuel of our camaraderie, just like in real life.

Latest posts

Back