Did you collect Comics?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuke1967

Reaction score
This is a kind of geeky persuit, but when I was a kid my mom, who regretted later, got me interested in comics in Kindergarden (I couldn't even read yet) due to the fact at 15 cents at the time it was cheaper than matchbox cars.

When I was a kid I just went from comic to comic, whatever I fancied by the cover, I seriously started collecting comics later, here are the two I remember really getting into and had to have every issue, if you collected what issues did you buy religiously?

8fce44c37d77854aa8f77139585d8c8d.jpg

NewTeenTitansVol1-001.png

Collected...erm...collect still :D When I was a kid I remember having some Disney comics and a few G.I.Joe. What I still read;

Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman
Detective Comics
Batman/Superman
Batman Arkham Knight
Batman Arkham Knight Genesis
Batman Beyond
Batman 66'
Bombshells
Catwoman
G.I.Joe A Real American Hero
Grayson
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn & Powergirl
Justice League
Justice League of America
New Suicide Squad
Teen Titans
Transformers
Transformers More Than Meets The Eye
Wonder Woman

Used to read
Birds of Prey (cancelled)
Deathstroke
Earth 2
G.I.Joe (cancelled)
G.I.Joe Snake-Eyes (cancelled)
Green Lantern
Justice League 3000
Red Hood and The Outlaws

No but my brother did so I became obsessed with the x-men and new mutants.

Sci-Fi said:
Collected...erm...collect still :D When I was a kid I remember having some Disney comics and a few G.I.Joe. What I still read;

Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman
Detective Comics
Batman/Superman
Batman Arkham Knight
Batman Arkham Knight Genesis
Batman Beyond
Batman 66'
Bombshells
Catwoman
G.I.Joe A Real American Hero
Grayson
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn & Powergirl
Justice League
Justice League of America
New Suicide Squad
Teen Titans
Transformers
Wonder Woman

Used to read
Birds of Prey (cancelled)
Deathstroke
Earth 2
G.I.Joe (cancelled)
G.I.Joe Snake-Eyes (cancelled)
Green Lantern
Justice League 3000
Red Hood and The Outlaws

I actually stopped collecting in the mid 90's when the stories just weren't that good anymore and it became nothing but multiple covers and 1st issues to keep the speculator market going.

I mainly now go through the local library system and get graphic novels and TPB collections and read them, I used to have thousands, I still have some, X-Men and Teen Titans etc, sold one of my X-men some time ago that had the first appearance of Gambit.I have read quite a few on your list, I did buy the trades for Earth 2 since I was always a fan of the JSA.

LonelySutton said:
No but my brother did so I became obsessed with the x-men and new mutants.

If you still have them and in good condition might want to go through, some do have value, like the New Mutants 98, first appearance of Deadpool.

I did when I was younger, The Beano, Beezer & Topper, The Dandy, and some others I can't remember. Just geeky UK ones mainly.

9006 said:
I did when I was younger, The Beano, Beezer & Topper, The Dandy, and some others I can't remember. Just geeky UK ones mainly.

Oh I have those from the 70's Nana , used to send them to me from England along with girls annuals which I still have. Loved them still around here someplace.

Now I read Dr.Who comics

Well, I only have a few so I don't know if I could truly be called a collector. But I like to read Star Wars and Transformers comics mostly.

Sci-Fi said:
Transformers

I feel like I should know this, but what's the difference between the two???? Is "Transformers" referring to the Marvel series from the 80s, and "More Than Meets the Eye" the modern version?

Arachne said:
9006 said:

Oh I have those from the 70's Nana , used to send them to me from England along with girls annuals which I still have. Loved them still around here someplace.

Now I read Dr.Who comics

I haven't read the Dr.Who comics, but I enjoy the TV series.

Nuke1967 said:

Here is a link for you..

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-Check-Out-Titan-Doctor-Who-Comics-66482.html

I have seen every episode of Dr.Who from the beginning till now series wise and I am looking forward to September 19th when it starts anew ..

I am a wee bit of a nerdy lady lol..Give the comics a peruse they are worth it..

Oh I have a unopened Superman's death from April 14, 1993 Bright Blessings ^.^

TheSkaFish said:
Well, I only have a few so I don't know if I could truly be called a collector. But I like to read Star Wars and Transformers comics mostly.

Sci-Fi said:
Transformers

I feel like I should know this, but what's the difference between the two???? Is "Transformers" referring to the Marvel series from the 80s, and "More Than Meets the Eye" the modern version?

No, both exist in the same universe, one used to be subtitled Robots In Disguise but they had to drop it because of the new animated series which is titled, Robots In Disguise. Transformers follows the ones who are still on Cybertron and Earth, while More Than Meets the Eyes follows Rodimus and Megatron, with their group of Transformers who are in search of the ancient Knights of Cybertron. They are based on IDW's Transformers continuity, discarding Marvel and Dreamwave's series.

Arachne said:
Nuke1967 said:

Here is a link for you..

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-Check-Out-Titan-Doctor-Who-Comics-66482.html

I have seen every episode of Dr.Who from the beginning till now series wise and I am looking forward to September 19th when it starts anew ..

I am a wee bit of a nerdy lady lol..Give the comics a peruse they are worth it..

Oh I have a unopened Superman's death from April 14, 1993 Bright Blessings ^.^

The latest Dr.Who I have watched was the complete season 8 on Netflix, it takes about a year or so for them to get the newer seasons, yeah I am a nerdy/geeky guy myself, Comics and SciFi etc,I will check out the comics, yeah I have the Death of Superman myself unopened, though only bad thing is that so many were sold there won't be any value to it like rare comics, like those of the Golden and Silver age.

Latest posts

Back