Disabled Facebook Today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deleted a bunch of people just now on Facebook as I don't talk to em or anything like that.. Feeling much better. I just need the ones that talk to me, care about me and show a genuine interest in my life as I do theirs :)

I don't understand people deleting their account. You control what you see. If somebody gets on your nerves unfriend them. It's what I do.

My fiance was using my facebook account more than me so we decided to switch names. I do not use facebook anymore. I was using it a few yours ago just to play games.

A common sequence of events with women in the past:

We talk a few times, they’re genuinely into conversation and it's not awkward. That continues a few more times over a couple of months, after which it seems like we know each other to a reasonable level.

I send a request after noticing mutual friends on their profile, including male colleagues. They can’t be close friends so it seems like there wouldn't be a problem adding me.

A few days pass and nothing. Things are a little tense the next time we speak and I'm not sure what to think.

A few weeks go by and the request is still stuck in Purgatory.

I delete it. From then on I don’t bother speaking to them beyond a polite ‘hi’, while generally trying to avoid them. There's no point in maintaining a facade with someone who thinks this way about me. We never really talk again. They might seem annoyed and hurt at first, but not enough to say anything, which by the way is the strangest part of this.

Facebook: equal parts time-waster, tool for keeping in touch, source of dread and useful means of figuring out where you stand.

ardour said:
A common sequence of events, usually with women:

We talk a few times, they’re genuinely into conversation at this stage and it's not awkward. That continues for a couple of months, after which it seems like we know each other to a reasonable level.

I send a request after noticing some mutual friends on their profile, including male colleagues. These can’t all be close friends, so there shouldn't be a problem adding me.

A few days pass and nothing. Things are a little tense the next time we speak and I'm not sure what to think.

A few weeks go by and the request is still stuck in Purgatory.

I delete it. From then on I don’t bother speaking to them beyond a polite ‘hi’, while trying to avoid them. What's the point in continuing a facade with someone who thinks this way about me? We never really talk again. Sometimes they seem annoyed at first, but not enough to say anything, which by the way is the strangest part of this.

Facebook: equal parts time-waster, tool for keeping in touch, source of dread and useful way of figuring out where you stand.

this lass at work - I sent her a friends request and she ignored it. Next time I saw her she said she would add me but she had to be careful because she has a young son. So I delete my friends request. We do still talk though. When facebook comes up she says she only has 3 friends and hardly goes on it. She has over 70 friends and lots of people from work and is always on it.

So glad I'm not the only one!! It's depressing to see people that I used to be friends with having a good time and a happy life without me, and then I feel worse when I try and talk to them and get ignored. Got rid of mine after my birthday when I got ONE birthday message and someone else got over 40 on the same day. I know comparing myself to others isn't healthy but it just showed that no one was really a friend on there and I'm better off without it.

I've never even had a Facebook account, or any of the more popular social networking for that matter. I often feel out of place, especially being a part of the younger crowd. But I only ever hear my friends complain about it and say how dumb it is, so why should I have one. Sure it would be nice catching up with a friend now an then but I feel like seeing everyone post how 'awesome' their lives are would make me feel a bit down on myself.

Facebook sucks, it's all about self adulation and how many friends, how popular you are, etc, etc. It's useless if you don't have a relatively good size family or extended family, or friends for that matter.

I canceled my account years ago and so glad I did.

Sucks your soul, what's left of it (I feel).

I only use Facebook for the newsfeed and I mean real news not a person's daily happenings and what not.

i killed my Facebook close to two years ago and never looked back. I dont miss it at all either. Seems like every time they "improved" the site, it just got worse.

Latest posts

Back