disappointed (partially)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to add my thoughts - I agree with a lot of what's been said here, particularly in the opening post.

I think this forum has a very strong community and there is not a single member here that I do not enjoy interacting with.

However, much of the content on the boards taps deeply into people's feelings when they're feeling their worst and most hopeless, so any impatient or poorly thought out comments can come across very quickly as deeply and intentionally hostile.

If anything, I reckon the forum has become more casual and "chatty" over the time I've been here. There was a solid core userbase before I arrived (such as veteran posters like Peter Lorre), but I'm not sure there was such a "laid-back" attitude consistent around General Chat with users of all ages and post counts.

This easy atmosphere is good in the friendship it encourages, but I've also been very surprised at casual personal attacks I've witnessed more recently in some threads directed towards certain users, which certainly didn't seem so prevalent when I first joined.

I don't think we should let the casual nature of some areas of the boards trivialise some of the issues we deal with and the support we can offer people.

We're here to share our experiences of loneliness and help each other - and while goofing around is always fun, it's of critical importance to always remember where the lines are drawn.

Latest posts

Back