Disney Lied

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostKitten45

Reaction score
How many other people out there always felt like love was supposed to be like in the Disney movies? I've gone into too many relationships with these expectations and find myself disappointed but also pushing others away. Now it seems my own behaviors have pushed away the one I love.

Disney is a company that's out to make money. Why would you base reality off products from a company that are quite clearly fictional? You can't seriously blame them because you took fantasy for reality.

Personally, I feel that a few problems with expecting real life to be like a Disney movie are

*I lack the ability to converse with animals or plants, let alone get them to help with household chores or share profound wisdom
*I cannot get assistance from fairies, genies, enchanted castles, armies, or dwarfs (7 guys who get together and sing are more likely to be a boy band, anyway)
*I cannot become the child of a Greek god

Now, if you CAN do any of those things, you go ahead and be disappointed in Disney.

Teasing aside, please note that in every Disney movie, people had to overcome tremendous adversity. They did it with somebody who was absolutely ideal for them. If you haven't found your magical romance yet, it's probably because you haven't met the ideal.

'Expectation is the root of all heartache" Seems you expect for a movie-perfect love. Real life is a bit different. And please analyze yourself thoroughly. Sometimes we are the ones who wreck a relationship but we don't realize it.
No need to be upset anyway, someday, someone will walk in to your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else :)

Nothing in fictional/fantasy stories is real life that's why it's fiction.

I kinda know what you mean. When I was younger, Disney made mostly cartoons targeted to kids so obviously the story of love and things like that needed to suit this, nowadays they make such a wide range of movies, but I think this perception of love, friendship, family etc has followed, so is pretty warped compared to reality.

If that made any sense :-\

Well it could be true, just the problem is you are not the main character that you see in the disney movies. You're the people they have 2 second interactions with in town leading dull lives.

BrokenInside said:
No need to be upset anyway, someday, someone will walk in to your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else :)

Yeah, true.

Latest posts

Back