Do I have too much respect for women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, y'all are crazy... In a good way.
images

No, it sounds like you stood up for a woman who was being physically and emotionally abused. You are a good man.

Wanting to protect someone you care about is normal. People help complete strangers, so why wouldn't you feel concern for your ex?

MissGuided said:
...and club any more snakes that end up in my car. Deal?

Whoa there!

Are you not happy with the services provided by Edward W and Eddy Jr - Freelance Police? Did we not recently and very successfully rid your car of a snake? (Some have expressed an opinion that we did so in an extreme method, but you can't argue with results)

:(

Eddy Jr's little face is going to be so sad when he here's this...

( Runciter you may have missed this - http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=28245&pid=524165#pid524165 )

Edward W said:

This just proves, if nothing else, that great minds do in fact think alike! Best film I've seen all year! :D

I think we may have found the director to our new series even if it is a shame that we have to drop the movie due to potential copyright infringement. How are you at animating tall, maniacal, wide eyed, crazy people with a predisposition towards head-butting first and asking questions NEVER?

I've been brought up with a belief that respect is earned, not given automatically & that was thought to me by my mom... Take it as what it is... There is, however, fine line between respect & common courtesy... I wouldn't go out of my ways to be rude but that's with people in general, not specific to any gender... As far as sex goes, or one night stands, I believe it has to do with mutual understanding... It takes 2 to tango, as they say... On the flip side of the story, I don't see it as a girl not having a healthy respect for the male gender just because she's willing to have an one night stand... It's a personal choice... Some people don't agree with it, some do... If both participants are willing, I don't see it as a respect issue, especially gender related... It just might be a "wording" issue but I just have a hard time respecting somebody I don't know... It just feels too much like racism or stereo-typing... Whole idea behind the two is making up an opinion solely based on specific race... Well, in this case, specific gender... So I guess I should say it feels more like sexism... "Why should I respect someone solely because she belongs to a gender group" type of an idea... Like I said, I do believe in general common courtesy... But the person has to earn it if she wants my respect...

As much as I dislike your overuse of ellipses, I think I'm in agreement with you. Aaaand this is an old thread so maybe I'm shooting letters into the internet abyss but hey I'm bored so will say it anyway.

My original thought when I saw the title of this thread was "ha, this is going to be full of the usual bs drama and will be locked very soon", though surprisingly people seem to be civil. Well done everyone!!
It also smelt a bit of self-proclaimed, overprotective "nice guy" who feels the need to let everyone know he has a very low tolerance for people hitting women. These kinds of people piss me off. No one should be hitting anyone, you know? It's that typical misogynist attitude that only supports the western bastardisation of genuine feminism with the notion that every woman is a framed godess that should be treated like royalty because they have a vagina. Victim mentallity enabling.

I actually share the same views as the op, regarding one night stands and respecting friendships. But I find some people have these values for the wrong reasons, sorry to sound all tinfoily on you but it seems to me quite devious and creepy past a certain point. I mean, no one should be put on a pedestal because of their gender. And you should stand up for anyone who is being bullied, not just the helpless little girl.

You're a great man and I'm glad that you stood up to him. =)

Men like that sometimes needs to be put in their place, haha!

Latest posts

Back