Do I really have low self-esteem?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stalinorgel

Reaction score
[I tried posting this before, but thought it might have gotten deleted for some reason, but I guess it was just a brain fart :)]

Howdy forum,

Twenty-five year old guy here, and my first post.

I have often been accused of having low self-esteem, a charge which I'm a little offended by, because it (in my opinion) portrays me as someone in need of people's overwrought pity, which no 'self-respecting Man' desires. You see, I readily admit to 'friends' that I am a loser and worthless--overweight, unemploy(ed|able?), ugly, extremely socially awkward, lacking in intelligence, probably mentally ill, and in general disgusting--that sort of thing. Don't ask me how this kinda stuff comes up in conversation, as I don't know myself, haha.

But you know what?

That's how natural selection (ie, the process by which Life works its magic!) works. We are breeding more & more people like me because of the "externalities" (so to speak) of technology, capitalism, and democracy. It pains me deeply to think of what I could have been if I had been born into a higher "caste" of people, but in the end, I cannot do anything about it, but stoically contemplate about how wholly insignificant human interaction is in the grand scheme of the Cosmos. Don't get me wrong, I'm no antihuman weirdo; I know humans are capable of great things & are more often than not, very decent people; yes, I love human beings, my mother is even one! :D LOL Frankly, we just need better ones made, so there are no more tragic characters like myself born.

Hopefully this comforts someone. That was my purpose really: to elucidate the reasons on why being a worthless human being is, in the grand scheme of the universe (and in the eyes of the Creator), utterly insignificant. Of course, I am not saying that anybody with low self-esteem is like me--most people, like on this forum, are great people, but just have some issues (don't we all! LOL).

Welcome, stalinorgel.

Dude, anyone that can laugh at himself the way you do has absolutely no self-esteem issues.

ChiCowboy said:
Welcome, stalinorgel.

Dude, anyone that can laugh at himself the way you do has absolutely no self-esteem issues.

Thank you so much! Appreciate the comment. Although VERY large part of it is "laughing at oneself," most of it has to do a lot more with simply accepting 'The Natural Order of Things.' I think our ancestors understood these things, but they've really been lost through time & human arrogance. It's truly a shame, and will likely bring about great calamities for the species in the future.

Cathedral said:
I have low self-esteem, I tend to take it out on others on the Internet.

Why? I personally enjoy a good trolling (I assume this is what you are speaking of,) but using it as an outlet for self-esteem issues is simple, pure negativity. Use the art (of trolling) for getting a good laugh, and get those endorphins flowing in your brain. Perhaps you'll feel like a better person.

Latest posts

Back