Do ladies ever make the first move relationship-wise?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In reality, no. This is only one of the many ways women have a 100% easier time getting sex, and someone who likes them enough to be in a relationship. They aren't held up to standards like current trend looks, "ambition" and "financial stability".

Women don't even initiate friendship with guys. It is SAD, but it's unfortunate. Take me for instance, 21 years old and no girl has ever befriended me in real life. I have never had any kind of solid interaction with females before, because they decided I didn't exist, and that I was better off being ignored.

I use to imagine socializing with girls and having a crush when I was 13, turned out to be nothing but a pipe dream, on par with winning the $12,000,000 lottery.

firebird85 said:
In reality, no. This is only one of the many ways women have a 100% easier time getting sex, and someone who likes them enough to be in a relationship. They aren't held up to standards like current trend looks, "ambition" and "financial stability".

Women don't even initiate friendship with guys. It is SAD, but it's unfortunate. Take me for instance, 21 years old and no girl has ever befriended me in real life. I have never had any kind of solid interaction with females before, because they decided I didn't exist, and that I was better off being ignored.

I use to imagine socializing with girls and having a crush when I was 13, turned out to be nothing but a pipe dream, on par with winning the $12,000,000 lottery.

Youre hopeless dude...

Among the Sleep said:
firebird85 said:

Youre hopeless dude...

I just told him that in another thread at almost exactly the same time :p

[video=youtube]

That is complete BS, I befriend guys all the time for friendship. Please quit speaking for the females, cause you are dead wrong.

firebird85 said:

I'd like to see firebird and unlucky be a couple. They have very similar personalities. Y'all should totally hook up.

blackdot said:
Some women do make the 1st move. Most do not.
If you read online dating profiles, something i see very common is something like: "I'm old fashioned. I believe guys should hold the doors, make the decisions, and ask the women out."
It's not usually word exactly like that but it's in some sort of wording like that.

Women seem to be trained from an early age that men should be the ones that have to suffer from rejection.

I still don't understand the hold men have to hold the door for women crap. Come on. Do women have no arm muscles?

You're so jaded and bitter, it's not even funny. It's called being polite. You should do that anyway, regardless of gender, for anyone, even if they're not in your party. I hold doors open all the time for the sake of not being rude. There's no point in slamming a door in someone's face, even if you have to wait a few seconds for them.

Not all of us are like that either. I prefer to open my own door. And no, we're not trained. It's not a boot camp.

Holding a door open for a woman is called being a gentleman, it's just polite to do no matter who it is.

And YES some women do make the first move, some don't just like not all men make the first move either.

VanillaCreme: I am not jaded or bitter. I'm just stating the facts.
I hold the door for people if I get there first but the whole idea that guys should always hold the door is just plain stupid. If women are so weak that they can't open a door, then they need some serious help.
I consider women and men to be equals.

lol @ the bitterness. I don't think they'll ever get it, so all I can do is laugh about how pathetic it is.

But yes, women often do make the first move. Most of the girls I know or have known would make the first move on guys they fancied if he seemed a bit shy or generally unaware that they were interested.
My husband was unaware that I was interested, if it were not for me we wouldn't have ended up in a relationship. So, it happens. :cool:

blackdot said:
VanillaCreme: I am not jaded or bitter. I'm just stating the facts.
I hold the door for people if I get there first but the whole idea that guys should always hold the door is just plain stupid. If women are so weak that they can't open a door, then they need some serious help.
I consider women and men to be equals.

It's not about being weak, dude. If you consider both genders to be equals, then perhaps you need to stop speaking of us like we are weaker. Because your attitude right now speaks for you, and it has a foul stench to it.

Barb's right. You'll never get it.

I guess you are right, I'll never get why women can't open a door for themselves.
;)

And I am not speaking to you like you are weaker. If I was then I would be saying women should never be allowed to open a door.

firebird85 said:

Wait....didn't we say if you made another post like this, we'd ban you?
Yes, I believe we did.

Women can open there own doors and they do. It really depends on the woman and some find it offensive for you to harbor such out fashion tendencies as holding the door open for them.

Yeah, God forbid women want men to be respectful and courteous towards them. Holding doors open for them instead of letting them slam in their face? Insanity. And God forbid any man be deferential to the woman he's with. Where do they get these crazy ideas?

I expect the person in front of me to hold a door. It's always nice as well, when someone makes a point to open a door for you. It's also a nice gesture when man holds a door for a woman. It's a "tradition" that implies the guy is being gentlemanly.
That being said, I dont EXPECT a man to go out of his way to jump in front of me and get a door - it's just surprisingly refreshing when one does. It's a nice gesture.

blackdot said:
I guess you are right, I'll never get why women can't open a door for themselves.
;)

And I am not speaking to you like you are weaker. If I was then I would be saying women should never be allowed to open a door.

I'm going to stop wasting my time on you now. Your posts are just completely senseless. I open my own doors, thank you very much. Maybe if you didn't want a damsel in distress so much to make yourself feel good, you'd find us stronger women who can do for ourselves.

And for the record, yes, women do make the first move. If my dude hadn't, I would have. I would have lassoed him in and stuck him in a cage.

I "hold" the door for the person behind me, if there is a person. But going all out and holding the door for a woman to let her go first is too "old fashioned" and really pointless for me. Unless of course its my mother or someone similar.

blackdot said:
If you read online dating profiles, something i see very common is something like: "I'm old fashioned. I believe guys should hold the doors, make the decisions, and ask the women out."
It's not usually word exactly like that but it's in some sort of wording like that.

Women seem to be trained from an early age that men should be the ones that have to suffer from rejection.

I still don't understand the hold men have to hold the door for women crap. Come on. Do women have no arm muscles?

Correction. Women have been trained that they are nothing but objects to be used by men. It's a man's world. It's normal for men to ask women out or make the first move and its okay if they get rejected. It's 'normal'.

Men always ***** about women not making the first move but when a woman actually does and she doesn't happen to be pretty and hot, then he says "Oh she's desperate."

Men can fancy a woman and ask her out but when a woman fancies a man, she cannot make the first move because lo and behold, men want to be the hunter/pursuer, they want to know that they did it. And a man would be turned off by a woman asking them out (if she's not hot).

About holding the doors, if you think like that about a woman..I am guessing you have very bad experience with them.

beans said:
blackdot said:

Correction. Women have been trained that they are nothing but objects to be used by men. It's a man's world. It's normal for men to ask women out or make the first move and its okay if they get rejected. It's 'normal'.

Men always ***** about women not making the first move but when a woman actually does and she doesn't happen to be pretty and hot, then he says "Oh she's desperate."

Men can fancy a woman and ask her out but when a woman fancies a man, she cannot make the first move because lo and behold, men want to be the hunter/pursuer, they want to know that they did it. And a man would be turned off by a woman asking them out (if she's not hot).

About holding the doors, if you think like that about a woman..I am guessing you have very bad experience with them.

Why have men put out stupid ass assumptions about women and what they can and cannot do and how they should and should not act and how they are viewed in society when a woman can do it for them.

I totally disagree with EVERYTHING you just said. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back