do people go to the theater alone??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gone to movies so many times alone. I mean if the movie is good then I guess it doesn't matter. But still sucks to see the cliques and couples having company while im there all alone lol.

evanescencefan91 said:
ya if there's a movie want to see i got see it, something to get me out of the house i bike alone a lot to just bike to the middle of nowhere just to see what's out there or i bike to the dq and i buy a chocolate shake and i sit and enjoy it i go to the bookstore for a while by myself

just this last Thursday i went and saw wolverine origins and i sneaked in strawberry malt (sometimes i'll sneak a smoothie or my own bag of microwave popcorn and a soda)
and a few weeks ago i saw the movie earth and it was pretty good
sometimes i worry i'm going to walk in and see a picture of me on the wall that saws this person is wanted/banned from the theater for continuously sneaking in food

:p

so far so good

I have a big bag so I always sneak in subway sandwiches, chinese food, ice cream, chips, soda, you name it.=DDD

Sneaking in subway sandwiches isn't really a good idea though because they're messy.

But yep, definitely not alone in sneaking food to the theater or hanging out by yourself.

SighX99 said:
Do people go to the theater alone? i really want to watch the new star trek movie, but, like always, i have no one to go with... maybe i should just go by myself? ive never gone to the theater alone.. i wonder how thatll feel like.

im just curious on your opinion on gong to the theater alone

Sigh, after you said you were going to see Star Trek, I got to thinking about it. Im not a Trek fan but, I actually went and saw it ...ALONE. I loved it! Kicked ass....lol The best part was the complexity of the characters getting to know each other. It was a good movie. Thank you for that :)

I see most films with my best friends, but there are some that I know he wouldn't be into an I would, so I see those alone. I actually really enjoy seeing films alone, some people don't seem to appreciate the movie experience properly and if they tag along they can really ruin seeing a film. I think seeing a movie is one of those things that is not a big deal to do alone.

SimizAkri said:
evanescencefan91 said:
ya if there's a movie want to see i got see it, something to get me out of the house i bike alone a lot to just bike to the middle of nowhere just to see what's out there or i bike to the dq and i buy a chocolate shake and i sit and enjoy it i go to the bookstore for a while by myself

just this last Thursday i went and saw wolverine origins and i sneaked in strawberry malt (sometimes i'll sneak a smoothie or my own bag of microwave popcorn and a soda)
sometimes i worry i'm going to walk in and see a picture of me on the wall that saws this person is wanted/banned from the theater for continuously sneaking in food

so far so good

I have a big bag so I always sneak in subway sandwiches, chinese food, ice cream, chips, soda, you name it.=DDD

Sneaking in subway sandwiches isn't really a good idea though because they're messy.

But yep, definitely not alone in sneaking food to the theater or hanging out by yourself.

LOL subway sandwiches. Why don't you just sneak in a rotisserie chicken or a brontosaurus burger? have a picnic

Flood said:
SimizAkri said:
evanescencefan91 said:

so far so good

LOL subway sandwiches. Why don't you just sneak in a rotisserie chicken or a brontosaurus burger? have a picnic

Psht. I will, thank you very much.
You're welcome to provide the beverages. =P

I went and saw a jazz performance by myself on Thursday. I actually really liked it...I wasn't all that out of place, really, or at least I didn't get many strange looks. It was killer. I was able to kick back, enjoy the music and a glass of wine.

SimizAkri said:
Flood said:
SimizAkri said:
evanescencefan91 said:

so far so good

Psht. I will, thank you very much.
You're welcome to provide the beverages. =P

a pitcher of pink lemonade it is!!

SighX99 said:
Do people go to the theater alone? i really want to watch the new star trek movie, but, like always, i have no one to go with... maybe i should just go by myself? ive never gone to the theater alone.. i wonder how thatll feel like.

im just curious on your opinion on gong to the theater alone

I went to see Star Trek alone. :) I've gone to see quite a bit of movies by myself. I just went to see the new terminator movie alone as well. It's not that I want to go alone, I just can't find someone to go with me, but I still have a good time.

I haven't been to the movies in years. The only people I have to go with is my family and we don't have the same taste in movies, and I know I couldn't go alone without feeling completely awkward about it. So I just wait for movies to be on tv.

Haven said:
When I go to the movies I some times pay for others to come with me to so strangers don't se how patheticly lonely I am.

If I had enough friends to pay off I would do that too. An extra 9.50 is worth being able to relax and enjoy the movie without wondering how you look to others.

However yesterday night I had the entire theater to myself. At first it was kinda weird then I just put my feet up and figured I'm in my living room with a big a$$ flat screen , life is good for the next 2hrs.

Flood said:
Haven said:
When I go to the movies I some times pay for others to come with me to so strangers don't se how patheticly lonely I am.

If I had enough friends to pay off I would do that too. An extra 9.50 is worth being able to relax and enjoy the movie without wondering how you look to others.

However yesterday night I had the entire theater to myself. At first it was kinda weird then I just put my feet up and figured I'm in my living room with a big a$$ flat screen , life is good for the next 2hrs.

Honestly when I said other I ment my mother

Haven said:
Flood said:
Haven said:

Honestly when I said other I ment my mother

LOL I got you. I too have treated family members just so I could watch a movie.

I only go to the theaters about 3 times a year, but I've went alone every single time over the past few years. At first it was weird, but as with most things, you get used to it after a few times.

Yup yup. One time I was actually the only person in a movie. Forget what it was. Was years ago.

I saw it twice :D
Never been to a movie alone but mostly cuz people make me go with them but I wouldnt mind. I think Im gonna go see one this week and everyone is busy. I know alot of people who go alone so its normal. I just freak out thinking Ill be the one one there and thats creepy.

Live long and prosper!

I go on my own all the time. It doesn't really bother me, though I would prefer it if I could go with the right person.

Going to see transformers by myself tomorrow! I wish I had someone to go with, but I don't.

Latest posts

Back