Do you avoid getting angry?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loveocean

Reaction score
I noticed this about myself... I'm a huge loner.. I was wondering if holding back anger messes with your confidence.

Not in my experience, it doesn't.

I'm also a huge loner and I have very little confidence or self-esteem; I also used to have one of the most fiery tempers the world has ever seen. I used to fly off the handle at the slightest provocation and then I'd just go through whatever was in front of me like some kind of possessed Tasmanian Devil.

It's faded with age, thankfully. If anything, I'd say I'm more confident now that I hold things in than I was when I used to just explode like a petulant child.

Yep. I try to avoid it at all costs.. but when it's out.. it's not very nice. :(

Holding back anger is never a good thing. You could use your anger to give you more confidence.

I rarely get angry, usually bad experiences manifest themselves in other emotions, but I don't try to actively avoid it either.

It may happen that my usual politeness is challenged by irrational or simply stupid reactions. That makes me very angry indeed. But I won't express this anger openly. Well- most of the time , at least. I guess I've something in common with Lady F.: When it comes out it is defenitely not very nice.

I'm a loner to certain extent which has harmed my confidence over the years but only in the sense of not really wanting to be around people, so on rare occasionsthat I am and I say spot a female who grabs my attention I would never and day approach her, once upon a time i would but im a shell of that person which sometimes results in anger, nothing physical just one telling ones self.

MajorCitizen said:
I'm a loner to certain extent which has harmed my confidence over the years but only in the sense of not really wanting to around people, so rare occasions when I am and I say spot a female who grabs my attention I would never and day approach her, once upon a time i would but im a shell of that person which sometimes results in anger, nothing physical just one telling ones self.

Like exercise, it'll get easier each time you do it. Start off small, slowly build confidence over time.

I only get angry when I'm alone, I don't let it out with other people around.

9006 said:
MajorCitizen said:
I'm a loner to certain extent which has harmed my confidence over the years but only in the sense of not really wanting to around people, so rare occasions when I am and I say spot a female who grabs my attention I would never and day approach her, once upon a time i would but im a shell of that person which sometimes results in anger, nothing physical just one telling ones self.

Like exercise, it'll get easier each time you do it. Start off small, slowly build confidence over time.

Indeed, I've been the opposite too. Personally I tend to want to be on my own, I enjoy my solitude these days.

I get angry a lot. People on a direct basis tend to not make me angry unless it's something they've been grinding at for a long time, or unless they intentionally provoke me. But people in general make me angry on a nearly constant basis. And then there are the things that people create...

I'm prone to bouts of anger and I despise this part of myself. If I can avoid a confrontation, I will. I hate being angry. It drains so much energy and it rarely produces anything good.

Unleash the beast and let the big, green, rage monster thingy out once in awhile, kind of purges the pent up feelings inside.

I want to avoid it but life gets me down so much I can't help it. I had a go at people lately and regret it.

Anger in small doses away from others is ok I'd say

I hope medication can solve it for my situation

WildernessWildChild said:
Unleash the beast and let the big, green, rage monster thingy out once in awhile, kind of purges the pent up feelings inside.

Especially when you can take it out against a couple Norse gods.

:club:

I don't think I do. I just try to avoid getting angry over too many minor things and avoid people who do... I'll never understand how anyone can think frothing over a cartoon fan base isn't more immature or weird than watching it, for example.

Dissident said:
WildernessWildChild said:

Especially when you can take it out against a couple Norse gods.

:club:

Kid and I laugh our asses off when we see those scenes. She looks at me on occasion and grunts "Puny God" then the fights on- lol.

Tell me you don't laugh when you watch this...
[video=youtube]

Latest posts

Back