Do you avoid getting angry?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Lately, I've been getting angry a lot, more than I need to be.

Same.

I usually avoid getting angry, it doesn't help anything, I think... But suddenly I can't hold my anger anymore. :( I think I have been holding it for too long?

I avoid getting angry or try to talk myself down in my head. I can't just get rid of it once it's there so I let myself have some time to cool down and maybe write a few angry words down to release it. I never like to show anger toward anyone but I've learned that I can still show how I feel without having to hurt any feelings but let it be known I'm upset.

9006 said:
Holding back anger is never a good thing. You could use your anger to give you more confidence.

I just wanted to quote this message because it's excellent advice.
Thanks 9006

defenestrate said:
9006 said:
Holding back anger is never a good thing. You could use your anger to give you more confidence.

I just wanted to quote this message because it's excellent advice.
Thanks 9006

Actually, I agree. *finding space in sig*

9006 said:

I third. Anger, or specifically righteous indignation can help you overcome. Treat those with contempt who treat you with contempt.

My life is difficult at times...I get angry. When I do, I recognize that I sometimes have the right to be angry and it makes me less angry. :p OK, lol, that's just weird maybe.

In some cases I don't avoid getting angry, for example when someone abuse me. But when can't do anything about certain situation(traffic jam or similar) then I avoid getting angry. I found good my mind expert article on how to stop being angry at someone. you can see it here .it can be useful.

EveWasFramed said:
My life is difficult at times...I get angry. When I do, I recognize that I sometimes have the right to be angry and it makes me less angry. :p OK, lol, that's just weird maybe.

Thats not weird at all.

I know its not healthy, but I do anything I can to avoid getting angry.
When I get angry, I get very passive aggressive. Bullshit that I can typically tolerate will easily agitate me.
When I get furious I get a huge adrenaline rush, and although I've never hit anyone, I really want to punch something or just scream at the world. I have a couple of holes in my wall.

Anger is a weird thing. I've come to realize that my anger is always displaced. It all comes from my terrible self esteem and I project it in whatever direction I can. I'm never actually mad about the honeysuckle that I'm screaming about, because in like, real , intense situations I manage to keep my cool pretty well. The times where I lose my mind are when someone cuts me off in my car are when someone is slightly douchey to me...that's never worth getting that mad over. ALL my anger is displaced.

Latest posts

Back