Do You Ever Eat Even When You're Not Hungry?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if any of you eat even when you are not hungry. I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I do find myself doing it. I had a good supper the other night that filled me up, yet when I turned on my PS3 and began playing, the next thing I knew I had my hand deep into a bag of Doritos. Do you ever find yourself eating when you aren't even hungry? Perhaps when you are online?

Thanks for viewing.

Godspeed.
LK

Always, I'm working on self control but i lose everytime when it comes to food. Crave the flavor :) thinking about keeping mints or gum handy, may work may not.....*Shrugs*

I used to eat whenever I got bored, but now I only eat when I need to eat but I never over eat. I eat 3 meals a day but not overboard. I hate feeling bloated like I just ate 3 whole meals at once. I eat in moderation and healthy. :) love eating healthy foods.

lol. i always eat when im not hunry.. but not like you mean..
i have acid reflex and come home from work tired alot and find it hard to have an appetite. i go straight from not hunry to hunger pains and dont feel like eating or munching on anything. i force myself to eat lunch and supper usualy just for energy and to avoid cramps lol.
its like forcing yourself to tuff it up and eat something you dont like... around 4 days a week.
if there was a pill i could take that supplied all things necessary to live without eating ever.. i would be first in line!

Walley said:
i have acid reflex and come home from work tired alot and find it hard to have an appetite. i go straight from not hunry to hunger pains and dont feel like eating or munching on anything. i force myself to eat lunch and supper usualy just for energy and to avoid cramps lol.
its like forcing yourself to tuff it up and eat something you dont like... around 4 days a week.
if there was a pill i could take that supplied all things necessary to live without eating ever.. i would be first in line!
My mother also has acid reflux. Sounds awful to me. I've never had it.

Nope, I only eat when I'm hungry, even sometimes then I may only eat a little. Normally don't want to spoil supper. Being at my mom's while I'm off she always has stuff to snack on. Gotta be careful not to get too much into the sweets.

If it's a snack yes. Although I tend to get low sugar if I don't snack so I have to it seems.

I have to make myself eat my regular meals sometimes. I think this is different than what you mean, which is eating when bored.

I do it rarely. In the past I used to do it all the time. Besides from the regular meals I would always throw in some sandwiches or snacks during the day and in the evening. Now, being a male and not that tiny I guess I do require quite an amount of food but as I started to cut down on eating and lost some weight, I noticed I do fine with much smaller amounts. Nowadays, it rarely happens as I said.

I used to catch myself eating for no reason. I see food and I want it, but I catch myself and fight the urge...most of the time :p

It sucks because my family is full of lousy cooks, so i had to learn how. The only thing is that cooking takes so loooooooong, and when an alternative is as easy as opening a bag of junk food, it's hard to say no!!!!

Yes, on occasions where I have simultaneously been very bored and very sad. But as long as I am not one of those, I'm content with a healthy diet and daily workouts.

Walley said:

I think Walley is my secret twin brother

Ditto on the acid and lack of hunger, can go all day with nothing then 'bang ' its like I haven't eaten for 6 months when hunger hits. So have to force myself to have breakfast and lunch.

Totally addicted to chocolate though ! At one time I ate the massive size of galaxy a day. Don't need to be hungry for chocolate.

Broken_Doll said:
All the friggen' time. I comfort eat, binge and eat when I'm bored.

ahah, I am exactly the same, resorting to all sorts of techniques (including thinking"lalalalalala") to keep it within healthy limits

Latest posts

Back